zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
S**t my project has been corrupted because of sudden 1 minute blackout. I have a backup one but the progress is so far enough. I try to fix it from reading another thread, it fixed but the progress was gone. I don't know what should I do now. :95:

SGHarlekin

Orc Jester
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Learn from the mistake, make more frequent backups and go back to work is what you should be doing.

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you have your original "Data", saved, and it's just the project not working, just overwrite a new project with it. Works with the rest of the folders too.
If you were not saving often enough or your disk broke... I have been there and the only way to help the later is actually way worse, if even possible to do...

I lately keep my working projects in dropbox, google drive or such, so I can rollback in case any files get broken to prevent losing an entire project, besides my usual git workflow (which may be confusing, that's why I didn't recommend it).

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're working on a desktop, it's never a bad idea for life generally to have a small UPS (uninterruptible power supply).

Last edited:

zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you have your original "Data", saved, and it's just the project not working, just overwrite a new project with it. Works with the rest of the folders too.
If you were not saving often enough or your disk broke... I have been there and the only way to help the later is actually way worse, if even possible to do...

I lately keep my working projects in dropbox, google drive or such, so I can rollback in case any files get broken to prevent losing an entire project, besides my usual git workflow (which may be confusing, that's why I didn't recommend it).
You mean original data is json files?
If you're working on a desktop, it's never a bad idea for life generally to have a small UPS (uninterruptible power supply).
I think this is the solution that I need, because I don't want to backup frequently.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think this is the solution that I need, because I don't want to backup frequently.
Well, a UPS is not an alternative to backing up your work. Losing power is only one way (and, depending on where/how you live, probably the least likely way) you can lose work.

But if you spend a lot of time on a desktop computer, it's a good idea to have.

zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
a UPS is not an alternative to backing up your work
Usually I backup my project when I want my friend to test the game. Next time I will backing up my project at least once per two week.
Losing power is only one way (and, depending on where/how you live, probably the least likely way) you can lose work.
Yes, at my place there are blackout two or three times a month -_- its annoying.

zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was told by a friend to use Github version control, so now I can frequently update and uploading backup to Github. I feel safe now :kaoblush:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danone_Adventures