What resources would you like to see more of in the RTP style? (Pick two)

• Weapons

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Generator Pieces

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Modern Tiles

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Fantasy Tiles

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Animated Tiles

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Behavior Sprites

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something about your shading doesn't make it seem like the boots and gloves are metallic. I think looking at jewelry and armor in RTP style as a reference would hep improve your art drastically.

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree with you on that, but it's partly due to the reference I'm using. I'm fairly certain the gloves and boots are made of some fabric. The request was for some DBZ armor. I haven't watched the show since I was little, so I just went with Google. But my shading does certainly need some work lol. I appreciate the advice.

justincofield998

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for the generator pieces and the v2 space armor! It is F#cking amazing!!!! The MV world needed that armor and as a generator piece.

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, been awhile. I was bored and decided to practice my tile editing.
I'm actually really happy with how it came out, so I thought I would share.

These are edits of the RTP shipping container, meant to be used to make larger dock areas. They stack well, so a maze is pretty easy to make.

FJD5i7r.png

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, found a few issues with the shipping container tiles. I've addressed those, as well as made a "tunnel" container. Also I made a few broken pieces of the default park tiles.

PjK4yzu.png

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Today I have some tavern stuff. I threw together some kegs in various placements, color shifted the wine bottles to resemble the yellow/brown bottle that can be seen on the RTP shelves. Made a shot glass and whiskey glass, and a couple of gambling tables.

Also, something that bothers me when mapping is how static the maps feel. So I animated one of the RTP people and made a barkeep cleaning his mug. Be sure to check under sprite behaviors for him!

oUFzbmf.png

I'm running out of ideas pretty quick, so be sure to vote in the poll and let me know what else you would like to see.

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got a few more pieces to share with yall. Three more table configurations to mix things up, a broken platter, a cozy fireplace and some spilled liquids.

al1BK7G.png

Edit: I just realized when posting this screenshot that I never added shadows to the barrels. I'll fix that next time I post!

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Small update today, sometimes a nice shiny fountain with crystal clear water doesn't set the mood you need. So I emptied the pool and aged things a little, matches the run-down park tiles pretty well.

nIMSFsw.png

RustyHinge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Small update today, sometimes a nice shiny fountain with crystal clear water doesn't set the mood you need. So I emptied the pool and aged things a little, matches the run-down park tiles pretty well.

nIMSFsw.png
I LOVE this fountain! I'm a sucker for those urban abandonment vibes. The art is beautiful.

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RustyHinge Thanks! Made my day! I hope to get some more tiles done in that worn down theme soon.

Today I fixed the shadows under the barrels and added an anvil that can be swapped out as a sword is being built. Something I had made for a personal game awhile back.

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made some "armor" today. Not sure how much protection it provides, but it looks very wasteland-y.
U7EHcg3.png

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have some alchemy/laboratory tiles!
VKzDiDU.png

Also, there is an animated furnace and boiling pot under the characters spoiler.

RustyHinge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have some alchemy/laboratory tiles!
VKzDiDU.png

Also, there is an animated furnace and boiling pot under the characters spoiler.
LOVE these tiles!!! Every time I get a notification that this thread has been updated, I get so excited haha.

Halcyon Days

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The tiles you recently made would be perfect for a medieval laboratory, they look good :)

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you both!

Today I have a larger drop, and with it I will be done for a few weeks due to work.
Yr3pfPV.png

I've added some RTP armor pieces to the wasteland armor I made, to make a bandit-ish armor set.
I've added a skull to the RTP club, because why not?
I've tweaked one of the sci-fi neon signs to fit a gym.
And finally I added another piece to the alchemy set, set up several different ways.

Edit: I know the original post is getting cluttered and having to save images like that is the most annoying way to install generator parts. I'm going to work on organizing everything I've made into a new dropbox folder. I've also got everything I've made so far as a doodad image, those will be added there!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

With my project, I want the player to have access to all the tools they need to get from New Game to Credits as soon as possible; I want the player's progress to only be impeded by the player not knowing how to use the tools the game provides.
Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
What do you guys think about Survival mechanics in games (Hunger, thirst, etc.)?
Do you find them to be an enjoyable obstacle or a bit of a nuisance?

Asking for a friend... :stickytongue:
Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shadowjack60