Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there!
I am requesting for someone to make a plugin that I am calling "costume equip"
How it works is that, depending on the "costume" (a piece of armor) the player equips, their face sprite, Battler sprites, and Top-Down/Overworld sprites change.
Just to clarify, I do not want something like SRD's Dynamic Actors, which allows for actor sprites to match their equipment, I want something similar to how costumes work in the persona games where costumes are their own specific equipment slot, and you can swap costumes in the same way you would armor.
Here's how I think the plugin would work (including a mockup made in photoshop)

PluginConcept.png
The only parameter in this plugin would be the costume slot
This parameter would be a number parameter, and the number would be equal to the equipment Type ID the developer would want to use as the costume equipment slot. By default, this would be 0, which would basically mean that the plugin is disabled. But if it were equal to let's say Equipment type 07, then the equipment type of ID 7, would be the costume slot.
The reason why there would only be one costume slot is so that there isn't any conflict of two costumes being equipped at the same time.

This plugin would have 3 note tags, and they would go in the notes section of armor or weapons.

These not tags would be:
<Costume Face: FileName, X>
This would change what sprite is used for the actor's face in menus, such as the status menu
<Costume TD: FileName, X>
This would change what sprite is used when the actor is in the overworld/traversing maps
<Costume Battler: FileName>
This would change what sprite is used when the actor is in side-view battles.

You would replace "FileName" with the name of the image file, without extensions (such as .png)
You would replace "X" with the ID of the face/Top-Down sprites you want to use on that particular sprite sheet (the ID being anywhere from 0 to 7)

There are a few other things about this plugin I would like to mention, that did not fit in the other two sections
1. If there is nothing equipped in the costume slot, the graphics used would be what the game currently has set as the default face, character, and [SV] Battler graphics.

2. I am using Yanfly's Equip Core, Weapon Animation, and Weapon Unleash plugins, so I would like for this plugin to be compatible with those as well.

3. The reason I don't want to use events/Common events and items to achieve an alternate costume system, is because I've already had a system like that implemented in-game, and it doesn't feel intuitive to use, in fact, it feels really clunky and confusing at some points, just trying to find the right costume for the right actor can be annoying sometimes, and a plugin like this would make a system like this smooth and intuitive.

That is all for my plugin request. If there is any more information that I missed or that You would like me to elaborate on then please let me know! I'll gladly try and clear things up more if I need to.

DRG

Orange juice lover, Sunny D Hater.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is closet as you can get.
Also try not to bump without 72 hour mark.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@Jrrkein Please don't minimod as that's against the rules. @DRG is in the clear as it's been almost 4 days since his last post; he is most definitely allowed to bump his thread(s).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ohh man, Weapon animations plugin feels so mandatory. Seeing that same image regardless of the icon of the weapon....ugh :p
Ok so......Maaaaybe I've taken a ''little'' bit of inspiration from FF9 when it comes to battle hud xD

ff9.PNG

Just maybe....
New version of my wife's art for Tundra's opening map. No new version of Katrina yet, but I think this looks awesome.1624062754755.png
Devil May Cry-Style Action Shooter in RPG Maker 2000! | RPG Maker News #75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raytoly