Cougarmint's RPG Maker Resources

Discussion in 'General Resources' started by Cougarmint, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Cougarmint

Cougarmint Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey, everyone!

I've been working on releasing free art for Game Designers to use for some time now, and I recently discovered this forum while trying to solve some issues I was having with scripting. I would like to share that art with you as well!

I mainly post my stuff on Open Game Art and Deviant Art, but I will do my best to keep this post updated as well.

My main RPG Maker is VX Ace, but these packs are arranged such that you can resize/remix the resources within them to whatever RPG Maker you are currently using. I generally release my art under CC-BY; however, you don't have to worry about the Anti-DRM clause; I'm waiving that part. The only clause I ask for is credit. <3

Please note that the finished products are all my original work; none of these packs contain any edits to RTP files and such.

Credit and Authorization Info:
    Credit:
    Molly "Cougarmint" Willits
    Non-Commercial: yes; free w/credit; DRM-OK
    Commercial: yes; free w/credit; DRM-OK
    Repost: yes; link to my original content preferred.
    Edits: yes; link to my original content preferred, credit of original content required
    Repost of Edits: yes; link to my original content preferred, credit of original content required
    RPG Maker Required: Any
    Licenses: CC-BY, OGA-BY (OGA-BY is a special license that waives the DRM clause of CC-BY. Click the link for more info). In some cases, there will be a CC-0 (Public Domain) release. Those will be indicated by *.

Would you like to make an art request or get news on my upcoming art pieces? Visit the official Cougarmint's Art Resources Facebook Page today!

Samples:
    azuria_preview2.png

ChkPrkIconSet_Scrap.png

SlotResourcePack.png

easterndragon.png

Planets:
    The bulk of my resources involve planets, which can be found here:

Azuria Tangeron Persephone Silvara Garnetos Emeraldar
    Heliotropos Citronis Hellion Desolaris Obsidious Ceres

I also released a Planet Resource Pack that contains the Photoshop files for the above planets.

RPG Maker VX-Ace Ready Resource Packs:
    I have a lot of pixel art, which is my expertise, of sorts. I have a number of useful little pieces that I made for my VX-Ace project, but can be remixed for the other RPGs. These packs contain sheets that you can plug-and-play directly into VX-Ace.

Mailbox Chicken/Pork Icon Pack Drink Icon Pack The Skybinder X-129 Pixel Seating Pack

Miscellaneous Resource Packs:
    These are not for RPG Maker VX Ace specifically. These can be imported directly into any RPG Maker engine of choice as pictures to use for events, or even create your own backgrounds out of:

Snowglobe Pack Christmas Candle Pack Winter Wonderland Pack Slot Machine Resource Pack *Simple Notebook Paper Pack *Patterns and Cursors Pack *Patterns and Cursors 2 Health and Mana HUD Dragon Icon Pack Navel Battle Assets Pack (NEW!)

Battlers/Pictures
    :

Eastern Dragon Pup PTSD/Mental Trauma Demon Silly Phone Demon

Sound Effects:

Artificial Heart

I hope these assets will be of use to you! And if there is something I can draw for you specifically, please feel free to contact me on Discord: Cougarmint #5582. Keep in mind that humanoids and background/landscapes are not my specialty, though.

Have fun!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    SanZhang, Azmor, DragonVine and 5 others like this.
  2. Cougarmint

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey everyone -- I just thought I'd bump this up so that you can see the new stuff I've added since the initial posting in September, like the battlers and such. Also, if you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to post them. <3

bhindi1224 likes this.
  3. Cougarmint

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    New Resource available! A throwback from the wild RPG Maker 2000 days, when I was experimenting with various pixel art, I created a sheet of notebook paper designed for small resolutions. While sorting through some very old files I stumbled on the old .bmp files and converted them to .pngs. I also created life-size versions of the images for use in real life promotional material -- or for real paper if you ran out of notebook paper.

Download the Simple Notebook Paper Pack today and create that kid's diary, school assignment, or whatever!

4. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This looks nice! I might use some of it!

5. Cougarmint

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Please do! That's what it's here for. <3 If you have any feedback, comments, or suggestions, let me know.

Nightblade50 likes this.
  6. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Cougarmint Since I am making a futuristic game, these are great for me! But one thing - I am not on Discord. But I do want you to make something for me. Can I PM you here? What I want is in the spoiler below:
    An alien battler, something insect-like. With big eyes like a fly's (something like http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/144351.jpg) and beetle wings. (I am using VX Ace.)

7. Cougarmint

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I can but try. Do you have steam?

By the way, I just released a new pack. Check it out. <3

8. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Why do you want to know if I have steam?

9. Cougarmint

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I use both steam and discord to talk to people since I'm not here that much.

10. Cougarmint

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I just posted a new link above -- now you don't need to have Steam, Discord, or Skype to contact me. You can now do so through my new Portfolio Page on facebook! (Details above!)

11. Cougarmint

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A new pack has been released! I created some simple theatre/bucket seating for you to use in your games. It comes with a pre-created tileset sheet, but the individual graphics have been included so you can edit them into your own tilesets! Enjoy!

12. zebaroth dark lord of oz

zebaroth dark lord of oz Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i love your ptsd deamon very final boss type

13. Cougarmint

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you! And yes, I designed it to be the boss to end all bosses; after all, you are essentially fighting the Demon of the very Subconscious, the source of a mental illness, in the hopes that you can finally relieve the victim of its insufferable torment. You may not be able to cure them completely, but by banishing the demon from the mind, the hope is that they will finally begin the long process of recovery without it to stop them from doing so. At least, that's my interpretation.

14. Cougarmint

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A new Pack has been posted! Need a unique look for your project's menu interface? Try some of my new patterns and cursors!

UPDATE: I've decided to release an old HUD concept I created for a game that never saw the light of day. I don't know if it would work with RPG Maker per se, but if you really want something custom in your battle, try my Health and Mana HUD.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Nightblade50 likes this.
  15. Cougarmint

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A brand new category has been launched along with its first entry, the Artificial Heart sound effect! Add some pizazz to your medical/sci-fi themed game today!

16. Azmor

Azmor Happy Hobby Artist Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Wow! These are some great planets! I like the idea of adding an option for rings to it! :)

17. Cougarmint

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Glad you like them! Enjoy!

18. Cougarmint

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A new Icon pack is available! These dragon icons also come with sprite sheets that will allow you to add these dragons as scenery (or static npcs) to your RPG Maker games! Download the Dragon Icon Pack today!

19. Cougarmint

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wow, it's been almost a year since I released anything.

In any case, I have now uploaded a Naval Battle Asset Pack! Ever wanted to create a mini-game clone of the classic game Battleship in RPG Maker? Well, here's your chance! Otherwise, you can use the ships in your own custom sea maps!

CoryH likes this.