RMMV Could anyone split a master plugin into two separate ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,

I hope it is right that I create this thread here.

I found a master plugin here in the forum that combines the two Iavra translation plugins into one.

The two originals are available here (Core + Menu).

The master plugin is very cool in that it fixes three bugs that are present in the original plugin. One of them annoys me especially - if you let the player choose the language by selection at the start of the game, the option in the options menu does not switch. Means: I always have German as default. An English-speaking player now selects "English" at the start - all texts are in English - but as soon as he looks into the menu, it says: "Language: German". Although it is English. It's completely stupid.

Therefore I was very happy to find this master plugin. One plugin takes less space than two and the errors are also fixed, this is great. But - it does not work. I have SRD Option Upgrade and when I put the master plugin above it, the language doesn't show up in the options, and when I put it below it, it just doesn't translate anything. So it definitely needs the core plugin on top and the menu plugin on the bottom.

Does anyone with JS knowledge like to split the master plugin into two plugins again...? Or copy the bugfixes from the master to the other two? I already tried, but just don't know enough about JS :frown:

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But - it does not work. I have SRD Option Upgrade and when I put the master plugin above it, the language doesn't show up in the options, and when I put it below it, it just doesn't translate anything.
So what you are saying is - it does work, but it is not compatible with SRD's Options Upgrade?

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So what you are saying is - it does work, but it is not compatible with SRD's Options Upgrade?
It seems so. I need to split it into two plugins again, I guess.
Didn't test it without SRD though.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is YEP_OptionCore not an option? or does that one also not work?

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is YEP_OptionCore not an option? or does that one also not work?
Thank you, I already know this plugin and I'm using it in some of my games, but for this one, it is not an option. It has compatibility issues with another plugin (I don't recall which one it was).

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So just to get a few sanity checks in, to make sure we are not barking up the wrong tree:
- have you made sure that the Iavra plugin works as you want with the options core disabled?
- Have you tried explicitly adding the command in the Option Upgrade Parameters as SRD explains in their video?
- Have you made sure that having the split plugins work as you want them (aside from the missing bugfixes)?

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
- have you made sure that the Iavra plugin works as you want with the options core disabled?
You mean the Iavra master plugin? Yes it works if I disable SRD options.

- Have you tried explicitly adding the command in the Option Upgrade Parameters as SRD explains in their video?
Well he talks so fast it is difficult for me to follow. But yes, I did add the "language" symbol to the Options Upgrade Plugin.

- Have you made sure that having the split plugins work as you want them (aside from the missing bugfixes)?
With the two original Iavra plugins, they work with SRD options (I'm using them in some of my games).
They are working in all of my games (some with SRD, some with Yanflys options) totally fine. I never encountered any more bugs than mentioned in the thread I linked in my start post.

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, it was my fault. I'm so sorry :rswt
Noticed that the script command is different. With the original plugin, it's IAVRA.I18N.language and with the master plugin it's IAVRA.MasterLocalization.I18N.language. I didn't see that.
Sometimes it helps to write about it.
Sorry that I bothered you! Thread can be closed.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
everyone make an oversight, it can happen, we didn't asked about
the scriptcalls they both used :) so it's good to know you solve it.

good luck with your project.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_11_27_2022_10_0_8.png
finally finished all the sprites for my friend's Comic book OC that I put in my game.
1669612924226.png
Added collectible trading cards to my current game, bio-Synthetica.
I plan to have a total of 20 different BATTLE-bot cards you can find & collect.
100 likes.jpg

I reached 100 followers on my new twitter! It's not much but it's honest work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roze_