Could I please get some help figuring out how to make DLC Icons work?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vessynessy20

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I downloaded the Time Fantasy DLC off Steam! I got the tilesets in right, but I don't know how to make the Icons work!

There's three separate icon thingies, and one of them is inside the RPG Maker MV folder in the DLC pack, so I assume that's the only one I care about, but I put it into my img/system with the resource manager and it doesn't do anything?

It's called TF_Icon_24RMMV.PNG.

Help, please. I don't want to have bought this stuff for nothing!

DLC FOLDER.PNG DLC INSTALLED.PNG DLC INSTALLED2.PNG ICONSOLD2.PNG

THREETHINGIES.PNG

MadRamDesigns

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You put it in the right place but the engine won't recognize it until you rename the file "IconSet", replacing/deleting the existing RTP version in that folder.
Or if you plan on using icons from both, merge them using image editing software that supports transparent png.

Last edited:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Just to explain things a bit more, the engine only reads ONE iconset file, and that is the file called IconSet. So the file that you want to use must be called IconSet. As MadRam said above, if you want icons from two or more sets, you need to combine them into a single, longer iconset. Longer because the iconset file's width needs to be that exact width, you cannot add more column/width to it, just rows/height.

Vessynessy20

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to explain things a bit more, the engine only reads ONE iconset file, and that is the file called IconSet. So the file that you want to use must be called IconSet. As MadRam said above, if you want icons from two or more sets, you need to combine them into a single, longer iconset. Longer because the iconset file's width needs to be that exact width, you cannot add more column/width to it, just rows/height.
Um, okay! I'll try that then, thanks. So I need to rename the Time Fantasy icon one. Do I let it replace the original one?

Vessynessy20

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay I got it to work! But now it has a new problem! :( Every couple of like squares it's like off? See? It like boxes half of two instead of one? how do I make them line up properly please? Shouldn't they have already been lined up properly?! I mean jeez, who sells a DLC that doesn't actually work right? HELP.PNG HELP2.PNG HELP3.PNG HELP4.PNG

Kaylie

Enraged Meditator
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think that IconSet is for MV, did the DLC pack come with another folder for Ace?

Vessynessy20

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think that IconSet is for MV, did the DLC pack come with another folder for Ace?
If it isn't for MV, why did I buy it off the Steam RPG Maker MV DLC list? And why does the folder say RPG Maker MV? And why does the file have the name "RMMV"? It's for RPG Maker MV! Please try and help.

Windyhouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You see in your folder how you have three iconsets? The one labeled MV is actually mislabeled. tf_icon_32 is the right one. MV uses 32x32 icons, while VX Ace uses 24x24.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Well, looking at your screenshot, its definitely not an MV sized iconset. Probably an oversight on the creator or maybe the folder has MV and Ace variations and you either used the wrong one, or the creator mislabeled them. Try to find which of the sheets has the same width as the original IconSet file and use that one.

Vessynessy20

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You see in your folder how you have three iconsets? The one labeled MV is actually mislabeled. tf_icon_32 is the right one. MV uses 32x32 icons, while VX Ace uses 24x24.
Okay, I just replaced the current one with the 32 one now. I'll see if it works. :)

Vessynessy20

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
YAY IT WORKED!!! :) THANK YOU SO MUCH WINDY!ITWORKSYAY!!!.PNG

Windyhouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are very much welcome! :D

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@Vessynessy20 , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

In the future, please use the 'Edit' button, if you have anything you want to add to your last post.

Since it's solved, I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!
Finally told my boss I need a day off. Tomorrow will be my first in 23 days.
Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laser_Kirin