Could RPG maker mv game records in-game choices?

dixonxux

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dear Forum,

Could RPG maker MV deployed game record player choices in-game and export as a JSON or other forms of data storage file? Or is there a plug-in for this? I searched the internet and haven't find an answer myself.

Faytless

recently unemployed Kung Fu Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What are you trying to do with the data?

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
let me see if i can whip something together for you real quick. I'm kind of at work, so i may be a little slow and... well.. not pretty lol.

I'll see if I can have it just export a file when you run a plugin. If you want something more elegant than that, you may need to get it commissioned. But, the idea behind my lazy butt is anytime the plug is in ran once, it exports a text file.

After that, assuming I compete it in a timly manner, you can do what ever you want with it. lol

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I think you can handle this with variables, and in the final of the game, you show the points through variables value.
The problem is, that every time you start a new game, these variables will be reset.
You can solve this using a plugin like Hime Sync Data or making your title screen with events instead of the default one. But I'm pretty sure that are plugins that give you a core table in the ending of the game.

See if this helps.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could use this plugin to make save files not encrypted.
Then have a variable set as an array so like
Code:
$gameVariables.setValue(1, []);
at the beginning of game and then whenever a choice is chosen
Code:
$gameVariables.value(1).push('Insert choice description or whatever you want here');
Then just look inside the save.json for the variable.

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Code:
Code:
$gameVariables.value(1).push('Insert choice description or whatever you want here');
Im going to second this, after researching an error i was running into, it comes close to this plugin here.

dixonxux

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im going to second this, after researching an error i was running into, it comes close to this plugin here.
Appreciated your help, I will take a look into that after I get off work.

Hi!
I think you can handle this with variables, and in the final of the game, you show the points through variables value.
The problem is, that every time you start a new game, these variables will be reset.
You can solve this using a plugin like Hime Sync Data or making your title screen with events instead of the default one. But I'm pretty sure that are plugins that give you a core table in the ending of the game.

See if this helps.
Appreciated I will look into that too.

Code:
Code:
I will play with it first and see how it goes, thank you for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP