Could someone explain to me how the Window image is supposed to be modified?

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, thank you @Archeia for your wonderful template found right below, first and foremost.

oP0qN0Y.png

So, the top left corner appears to be quite obvious, and the top right corner seems to be equally obvious.

What is the purpose of the bottom half? the coloured checks are the palette colours to use with text codes (I think) and the cursor also seems to be obvious. I'm confused about the rest, however, especially since in default MZ images it appears to be blank?

JohnDoeNews

Mod on Steam (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The top left will be spread out over the whole window. The bottom left will be placed over it in a repeative pattern and won't be stretched out.

This patern part needs to be semi transparent.

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you, it actually looks like there is nothing at all there in the default image?

JohnDoeNews

Mod on Steam (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is though, if you look at it closely, you see diagonal lines. Very very lightly. It is extra hard to see, because of the chess-board you see behind it (like most programs do with transparent parts).

When you play MZ games, you can see the digonal line in the window, though. If you give the image a black background, you can see the lines better.

1669812342990.png

In MV the lines were horizontal, but they work the exact same way.

Edit: If you take this one for example, you can see what happens to which part, better than with the original:

1669813142144.png

On the top, I made the square go blue to red left to right, and dark to light up to down.
On the pattern I made hearts.

When you put this in a projects and open the menu, you'll see all the parts have blue and red, dark and light from corner to corner, while the hearts are placed over it without any change, just a repeative pattern.

This is not very pretty, just to show you which part does what:
1669813414072.png

Last edited:

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you so much for going the extra mile to explain, it's much clearer now, I would have never seen it without your help!

I'm still confused about what v1-v4 do.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you so much for going the extra mile to explain, it's much clearer now, I would have never seen it without your help!

I'm still confused about what v1-v4 do.
It's the animation for the "continue" cursor in the message window.

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's the animation for the "continue" cursor in the message window.
Oh so the 4 Arrows above are used somewhere else, that's where my mistake was. Thanks!

JohnDoeNews

Mod on Steam (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh so the 4 Arrows above are used somewhere else, that's where my mistake was. Thanks!
The 4 arrows above are used in the menu, they are static and won't move.

The V1, V2, V3 and V4 ones, are the ones on the bottom of a text message, and are animated 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4 (unlike walking sprites, which are animated 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 2)

With the default window.png, the arrow slightly goes up and down. But you could replace it with any animation you like.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hi sweethearts! :kaoluv: Check out my review of @EntangledPear's totally oldskool The Stuff Fairy Tales Are Made Of!
When you spend all day at work distracted by things you want to work on or try in your project and then by the time you get home, you are too mentally tired to concentrate so you just browse the forum instead and think of more things you won’t get to work on for a while.
Time to write some enemy behaviors, here's the stream link for those interested.

Call of duty 1&2 had an interesting cheat prevention method. Between levels the game unloads and reloads the engine dll. If you ever employ this method, make sure to include at least an md5 hash check. Otherwise I can just edit that dll and implant cheats into it.
Hi-Fi Rush is one of the coolest games I've seen in a while. I don't have a way to play it so I watched a friend and wow... I really wish I had a powerful enough computer for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolcode