Could this be done for vehicles?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Saaaam, Jun 11, 2019 at 6:43 PM.

1. Saaaam

Saaaam Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,

I am wondering if this could be done for vehicles as well, to achieve a more realistic driving in RMV games.

Thanks in advance.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    In order to move this to the correct place, could you please clarify something.
    Are you looking for a plugin to allow for more directions in moving, a tutorial in how to use the art program shown, but with cars, someone else to do this for you, or maybe other options?

3. Saaaam

Saaaam Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am just wanting someone with a little more knowledge to view the video, and tell my if it could be done with vehicles and actually work in RMV.

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you might get better and faster answers if you describe what you want instead of screaming "look at the video" for a lot of reasons:
    1) a lot of the mmore helpfull people here on the forum refuse on principle to download videos or demos for very different reasons from download limitations over device limitations to other restrictions.
    2) no one will know what part of the video you're talking about - different people will see different things as important. That can go to the point where someone requested a script "exactly like it is done in this video", someone puts in a lot of work to write that script and only gets a result "that is all wrong - you implemented everything I was never interested in but did not program what was important to me" - because the post never said what in the video of a different game someone should watch out for.

6. Silva

Silva Scoobityboo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Short answer: yes it can be done with vehicles.

They're game characters the same as any actor or event. You'll need plugins to handle the 8 directional movement and the extended sprite sheets. A search should turn these up fairly easily.

7. Saaaam

Saaaam Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry I was unclear in my responses. I also apologize that you felt that I was screaming to the community to view the video, as that was not my intention. I never intended to scream in a rude way towards the community, and sorry you feel that way.

Awesome! I am most certainly going to look into this and see if I can get a smooth driving system to work for an RPG MAKER MV project, and if so I will return back to the forums with a tutorial for you guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2019 at 11:33 PM
  8. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    RPG Maker uses Pixel, the programm is Vector. Not sure if its possible to make vector graphics run in mv, i believe no.
    But pixel pictures with fixed resolution of that vector graphics could be used in mv, would be like the medi eval sets which were made in blender i believe.
    For 8 direction movement and more moving frames you would need plugins, because you would just create the graphics in that program, like others do in gimp or photo shop. But MVs bigger resolution compared to the older rpg makers would allow this to work.

So i guess yes it should all work.