Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I need to use images to be able to use switches...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
of course - but there are several ways and you don't give enough info to even guess what you want.

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I simply need to have some grass activated by a switch, and then for the player to fall on it, with the falling image.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that doesn't sound as if you want two overlapping images, but as you want a tile and a sprite at the same position. That isn't even a problem, that is basic eventing of the simplest kind.

I strongly suggest that you at least work through the build-in tutorials of MV before continuing with your game.

And if you still have problems after that, please show us the screenshot of the events you have done so that we can tell you where you went wrong.

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
But as I mentioned I need images because the grass is switched on... tiles can't use switches, no?

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I strongly suggest that you at least work through the build-in tutorials of MV before continuing with your game.
Dejavu anyone ?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
tiles can't use switches, no?
events can be switched and use tile images. Just scroll down the sprite list to the bottom where you see the tile lists.

and as said above, if you have problems making the events then show us the screenshots of what you already have and we can help.
We cannot help without details of what you're trying to do.

Dejavu anyone ?
yes, because we cannot make the entire game for someone else.
If someone is stuck with a complex problem then he'll get help here, but if someone is missing the basic elements of the engine then he or she needs to learn those basics or the game will never be finished.

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
yes, because we cannot make the entire game for someone else.
If someone is stuck with a complex problem then he'll get help here, but if someone is missing the basic elements of the engine then he or she needs to learn those basics or the game will never be finished.
True. I just had a chuckle as I read pretty much the exact comment by you on a post from the same person back-to-back

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You cannot use tiles from the A tab in events. So if you want grass, you will have to use an image editing program, copy a single grass tile (perhaps one from the A5 sheet if it's there, so you don't have to worry about positions on autotiles), then paste it to the B, C, D or E sheet. Don't use the very first tile in the B sheet - if there isn't room, you'll need to remove something else that you don't want. Then you'll be able to use that tile in an event by scrolling to the bottom of the sprite list, as Andar said, and selecting the sheet you copied it to.

To make two events occupy the same position, one of them has to have THROUGH turned on.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"16. Do NOT contact other members by private message, on the forum or status feed, inviting them to put additional tools (such as leaderboards, ads, etc - whether yours or another person's) into their game."
Oh no. Necessity is the mother of invention. Do I want to know what happened?
Early WIP for my next entry. Since it's early you're going to need to wait a little longer than usual. What's that? You'll find out in my next update!
12.PNG
20 festive cards can now be unlocked in BiteMe!

The cards are permanent, but can only be unlocked in December!
Once the year is over, you won't be able to unlock the cards, or to upgrade it.
https://johndoenews.itch.io/biteme-storymodeCard141-160-Ad.png
Finally showing some updates again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nyhkkbjyek