ShellyValeras

Beginner Game Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've been in a bit of a rut due to my inability to spend money in order to gain Expert Sprites for my game. So I've decided to make my own Sprites. Unfortunately I do not know what Sites or Applications to use. I would be ever so happy if Someone could give me a couple ideas on what to use to make my sprites.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Graphics Gale Free Edition or Gimp for Free.

Maybe stick to the Inbuild Char Generator or combine it with One of the above and just Edit them a little bit.
I realy like that MV standard Graphics style, maybe you too?

ShellyValeras

Beginner Game Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Graphics Gale Free Edition or Gimp for Free.

Maybe stick to the Inbuild Char Generator or combine it with one of the above and just Edit them a little bit.
I realy like that MV standard Graphics style, maybe you too?

I do but its difficult to make sprites like the Irongiant or the dragon for my monsters that waltz around the maps.

Hyouryuu-Na

Sodium girl is on a break
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use photoshop... not the best software for pixel art but definitely easier for me to use since I've been using it since the beginning. Gimp is good too, as many people have said.

sura_tc

Loner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
Other
I use Blender and GIMP for sprites.

Know that there will be (stiff) learning curves.

Hyouryuu-Na

Sodium girl is on a break
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought I should give you an idea since you're new. You can get free 3d models, edit them in blender, metasequoia and other 3d softwares or even mmd (oh how I love mmd) and render them as pngs which you can edit later or use as reference. I've done this before but it was too time consuming. I switched to taking pixel doll bases as reference to make my own bases.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Please give your topics a meaningful title, one which gives an indication of the type of query you have. Queries such as "Help plz!" or "I have a problem" or "Newcomer, & I'm stuck" does not provide enough information. It's quite possible that people will just skip by it in the New Posts/New Threads thinking that's what it is. It also means that if anyone in the future has the same sort of query, they will be unable to find this and (hopefully) the solution.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this to Useful Development Tools.

I used GIMP for the longest time, it's good (though opening it might be a bit daunting at first). I've also used Aseprite, which is great for animating sprites. It's not free though.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I use Paint.net for pixel stuff. Its free and works nicely, and zooming in will show a pixel grid.

ShellyValeras

Beginner Game Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[mod]I've moved this to Useful Development Tools.[/mod]

I used GIMP for the longest time, it's good (though opening it might be a bit daunting at first). I've also used Aseprite, which is great for animating sprites. It's not free though.
Thank you.

exel.exe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
i recommend Krita its very useful i left you some examples of what im done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yaaay! My second public script is out and approved! A VX Ace Final Fantasy IX styled Throw Script!

I look forward to all the constructive feedback I get but most importantly I hope everyone who ends up using it enjoys!

Yaaaay! Making scripts is fun lol. :D
When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)
X.X cant focus... too many thing want do... help!
Day 2 of teaching MV, student can move cat across the map.
Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr