Master Troll
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
Recently I've been into making a class that specializes in counters. I went into trying to change how counters work with no luck.

I've looked into Hime's Counter After Hit or Yanfly's Counter Control, but there's nothing similar in MZ yet.

To make it clear:
Counters by default nullify the damage recieved, then performs a basic attack.
I'm looking into making the counter not nullify the damage, but still trigger the basic attack.

Would anyone be the best and help me find something similar?

I can provide better examples or answer questions if needed.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I thought VS made something for MZ for this already?

Lnik3500

Master Troll
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought VS made something for MZ for this already?
Looking into it I tried Auto Skill Triggers, which was the closest to what I'm looking for,
but doing a single target counter doesn't seem to work.

For example, if I set up a counter skill that's automatic, it will always target the first enemy index instead of the one that attacked the player.

So I'm asking for more options with default counters since it targets the last one that attacked

Gigadragon78

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tested Hime Counter After Hit plugin (MV) and looks like it is working in MZ. Of course,you must use the compatibility tool provided by DK.

Lnik3500

Master Troll
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tested Hime Counter After Hit plugin (MV) and looks like it is working in MZ. Of course,you must use the compatibility tool provided by DK.
it seems to work pretty nicely without issues.

I might have to get used to that compatibility plugin

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 10th April, 2021. :LZScheeze: (Improving on the thumbnails, by using assets from the day's news.)
Just discovering the forum.
Since Final Fantasy VII has been trending today, decided to make a series of my favorite bars in the OG game! Check it out:

At 2021, we are now farther from the 1980's than they were from the 1950's. Consider that the next time you long for a 1980's song, when you thought your grandpa's taste for 1950's music was "outdated".
no, not my duct tape, anything but my duct tape!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armyrule94