OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You know when you go into an inn or shop and the merchant is usually behind the counter? I really can't find a good tile that I can use to represent a counter. Now I just purchased the game, so really I have no tilesets or plug-ins, so any advice as to what to use at this point would be helpful. Thanks, yay.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why not simply using the counter-tiles that are supplied with the engine?
If you don't know which ones these are, you can check which tiles have the counter-flag set in the tileset-database, those are the counter-tiles (you'll need the counter-flag to allow triggering the event over the counter)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There are also free ones, so I'm moving this to Resource Requests so that people might be able to link you to them. As you haven't included the engine you are using in the info under your avatar (I recommend that you do, it is quite helpful to people) please edit your opening post to include the fact that you are looking for tiles for MV
[mod]Moving[/mod]

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To be more specific, the default tiles that are usually marked as counter are the four table tiles to the far right of the A2 sheet on the Inside sets.

counter.png

However, you can really set any tile to counter setting, including tiles in the B-E sheet.

If you are simply looking for a specific type of counter tile - for example, you are wanting a tile that looks like a modern store counter - you need to be specific as to what you are looking for so that we can help you find it.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
FYI, the tag changes how the tile is drawn too, so it won't work with tiles not made to be a counter.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh! So does it only work for the A2 sheets then?

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh good goddie lord, they were right there in front of my face. Thanks for pointing them out. I really hadn't noticed the tileset feature, so thanks for pointing that one out as well. Sheesh.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
lol @OmnislashXX don't feel bad. One of my first posts ever so long ago was answered by a mod (famous person) who was in a snarky mood and had a bit to say about my request for footprints.

They were in the RTP.

Which he failed to point out.

Lol I didn't realize all of this until years later and it gave me a good laugh at both of us!

Happily mods are so much nicer now! =]

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

hmm one of those days where there's a lot to work on with my game... annnnnd I have no idea what I wanna do. most of it tho, involves drawing lol. either enemies or NPCs.
I'm going back to the default RTP, in the interest of getting it done. FSM is lovely but slow to work with and has tall doors. And switching to tall sprites would mean a lot of franking, and also the horses will be small.
I think I developed a stalker trauma (stalkerfobia?) because of my previous work publishing games on Steam. :(
RIP, MeatLoaf :( Hot patootie, bless his soul, he really loved that rock 'n roll.
Psychronics Games is doing a livestream about my game in a bit... And I will do a video about his game after that.
Watch their stream with us on youtube!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pattymelt