Couple Question, Forgetting skills from different class. Adding skills to a class instead of a character.

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so I have a couple questions. Can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.

1) Is there any way to make your character forget all skills learned on a previous class, when switching to a new one? I can switch classes no problem, but I keep all skills I have learned, even if the new class shouldn't be able to use them. Now I figured out how to stop this from happening. By attaching skills to a classes traits, instead of learning them on levels. However this leads me to problem 2.

2) My game works on a tiering system to level skills, they aren't gained on level ups. A lower tier skill must be used x number of times to unlock the next tier. Now I can make this work with variables no problem. The problem I do end up getting is basically the same as number 1 the new skill is attached to a character instead of a class. So even if I switch classes that ability is still available.

Is there any way to add the skill to the class traits instead of to a specific character?

Now I know this would work by executing a switch that will open a different version of the same class that has the new skills. The problem is that my class changes are activated by items, and when those items are used the trigger a common event. Problem is that common even is attached to the default version of that class, that does not have the new skills that have been unlocked through the tiering process. So anytime I use that item it defaults back to the base version of the class, and all second tier skill that were leaned are now lost.

Technically I could make this work by doing some very simple things, but I would have to create a different version of the class for every tier 2 or tier 3 ability that is unlocked. I would also have to create multiple versions of the items that trigger the class change, one for each version of the class. It just seems like it would require a ridiculous amount of events, Items, and Classes to make it work. When just being able to add a new skill to the classes traits, instead of the character would be much easier.

Thank You for any help you can provide

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a event command to remove skills. “Change actor skills”

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank You for the reply. I figured out a way to do it without using an event. I just decided to give all
my classes a different command to use their special skills. Ex: Bolster, Special, Magic, Traps
Theses commands are different for every class, and the skills are linked to one of these commands. So when I change class the command to execute an ability also changes, so if the abilities are not associated with that command they do not appear on the list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

rux
The most words I have ever written in an entire document is in my game's script, jeez i have a lot of characters that ramble on
Yes! I finally did something! This is a picture I drew of what I wish I looked like; I hope that you guys like it!
Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DawnStar