Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

I've bought the Cover Art Characters Pack and wanted some other emotions on the characters. I've found some on the internet, but I'm not sure if it's okay to use them or not? I have read the terms of use of RPG Maker Web but I'm still not sure, since the ones I found on the internet is edited.

Here's the link to the edits:
http://p3x774.web.fc2.com/

Thanks in advance.

Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, if you are using any resources, you ALWAYS need to credit the creators of a resource. As far as the edits, as long as you credit the creators of the edits as well as the creators of the cover character pack you should be fine. Also, make sure they are allowing you to use them for your type of project. ( Non
commercial or commercial) you may have to ask someone else about the legal stuff.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I guess you mean the animated battlers?
You have to credit the artist, in this case Vibrato.
Hes listed here, too, with exact instructions how to credit him.

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lornsteyn
Thank you! It wasn't actually the battlers, but the facesets. It doesn't matter though since they have the same terms of use.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, I’m not certain they are allowed distribute those. I believe the Cover Art pack is a paid DLC and usually you are not allowed to distribute edits of paid packs. I’m not on my computer right now, therefore I’m unable to check the terms for sure. There should be a document included in the pack that spells out what you can do with edits.

I may be wrong, however, I’m going to leave this open for now until I or another mod can look into it.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
There was an discussion about that before ;3
And the answer is, in Japan, the Cover Art DLC was a free release, so Vibrato's edits are covered under that.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...
This community is awesome. They helped me get my eventing processes to work. I love you all.
suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crayonchan