Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Wishlist on Steam

Follow on Twitter

Premise

Cover Your Eyes is a traumatic 2D top down survival horror experience, focusing upon family, and the sacrifices we make to keep them safe. With two children under your care, you will have to fight, think and escape out of escalating circumstances as the town of Verwood undergoes an unprecedented metamorphosis.

Take on the role of Chloe, married mother of two working nine to five to support her family. One night, she finds out her husband has been having an affair with another woman. The shocking discovery is soon eclipsed by the town being struck by a supernatural catastrophe and her husband disappearing into the night. Looking for answers, Chloe takes her two children and heads out after him. The town has changed and monsters have come out to play.

Gameplay

Inspired by survival horror past and present, balancing both resident evil style action and the psychodrama of Silent Hill. The player will have to loot for valuable ammo, shoot or run from hostile encounters and use problem solving techniques to overcome puzzles. All while keeping your two children and sanity in check.

Features
  • Reunite your family and escape the town of Verwood.
  • Solve the mystery of who or what is behind the disaster.
  • Face off against other worldly forces.
  • Loot and manage supplies.
  • Decide when to fight. Those shotgun cartridges might come in handy later.
  • Think your way out of conundrums.
  • Keep a look out for your house cat.

Promotional Art by SpaceZeta

presskit image.png

Screenshots

steamscreenshot5.png

steamscreenshot6.png

steamscreenshot4.png

steamscreenshot3.png

steamscreenshot2.png

steamscreenshot1.png

steamscreenshot7.png

steamscreenshot9.png

Fun stats
  • 30 plus enemy types to encounter.
  • 7 weapons to acquire.
  • 15 important locations to visit.
  • 40 plus optional buildings to loot.
  • 3640 animation frames for Chloe.

Credits

StarSkipp

Developer

SpaceZeta
Promotional art

Austin Jorgensen
Soundtrack/Composition

Jacob Pearse
Secondary Composer

Last edited:

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
While I'm not a fan of horror in general, custom graphics are always a + in my book so that alone gets me interested. ^^ It certainly looks unnerving enough with its muted, washed-out pallete and browns and greys, despite the cute chibi sprite.

Nate-Nite

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I dig the look for the most part, but from what it sounds like, I think it may be more fulfilling as a player if the whole "discovers explicit pictures of a woman on his phone" kinda would ruin my desire to try and figure out what happened to Charlie, specifically. If it was more open to interpretation, it might be better? Like, if you have a few areas to really let the player get comfortable with the controls, specifically the house, you could definitely have the atmosphere be tense and discover why later. One of my favorite things about survival horror is that nothing is really upfront. You get clues and uncover the story and the backstory along the way.

Like SH2 (since there are game spoilers, I'll hide it in case someone hasn't played it):

We discover along the way that James is actually an unreliable narrator, so even though it starts out giving us the "reason" he believes he's back, it's not the real reason at all. It's more like his conscious is taking him there to make him face reality.

So, I think it's solid and I'd love to play a demo, but I also think that you may be giving too much information instead of letting the player ease into the universe and the controls since they don't seem to be standard turn-based battles.

Last edited by a moderator:

VicWhite

Star rover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Glad to see you here too, @StarSkipp !

I will follow updates on "Promiscious" very closely.

All the best!

StarSkipp

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@PixelLuchi Thanks! Besides me being comfortable with spriting chibi style characters, it serves as an juxtaposition within the game. E,g having some cute characters head suddenly exploding with pixel blood would startle the player. Although it may backfire and make game feel comedic in places, it's one of the areas I'm keeping in mind whilst drawing

@Nate-Nite The basic synopsis serves as a setup and catalyst for the rest of the game, it's not particularly spoilery in any shape or form. There is a playable tutorial within the house at the beginning. E,g The combat controls are learnt through Chloe using a water pistol with her son. There is a demo out there in the wild but feel I need to get my bearings with RMweb first before making that leap.

@VicWhite Oh hey! How's your demo getting along? Still waiting to playtest and give you feedback at some point xD

Progress with the game is kinda an strange one to be honest. Promiscuous has been fundamentally completed for eons now but the catch is that they've all been mapped out like this. (you might recognize this Vic)

Placeholder stuff.png

Basically the whole thing is covered in placeholders, hence the rather mundane screenshots. Besides the cutscenes, all the pickups, enemies and puzzles have already been implemented... Went abit over the top with item boxes last year but it's done and dusted now lol.  

chests sfx.png

I did end up doing a speed run with one hit kill weapons with infinitive heath and ammo to see the absolute minimum playtime and it turned out to be 2 hours and 37 minutes. That's with me ignoring the side content and knowing where everything is, honestly can't say for sure how long the game is going to be but I'm guessing 10ish hours give or take.  >:

StarSkipp

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump. I've updated the thread to reflect the current state of development.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kitchen counters! I am on my second version of counters. It is slow going and I always see little details that could be done better. Have to force myself to say that's good enough for now and continue on.
I always thought I was just really, really bad at communication, then the internet proceeds to say "lol no".
Almost 100,000 Threads! We should make a celebration. Make a 100K logo? :p
Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohannBecker