COVID-19 a.k.a. coronavirus, let's talk about it.

Astel

The (grey) knight with that funny look
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First, I am sorry if it is causing futher fear to people. I have a question about the virus's behavior? I am having some idea about the biology, but I think any people know more than me. Do you think the RNA Covid19 virus will mutate to the point of drug resistant virus? One experiment drug did failed in recent. Thank you.

Being "drug resistant" is more a thing with bacteria (which is a living thing that we try to poison with antibiotics) , we have a broad selection of drugs to kill bacteria, but they have recently gained resistance to most of the drugs, that makes them more dangerous (as dangerous as they were before antibiotics).
With virus we don't really have much options, virus are not living things, they don't eat or breath, they are more like tiny machines, the best we can do is train our own defenses to fight it (with vaccines) so there is not a risk that they become "drug resistant" since we don't really have drugs to kill virus for the most part.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Astel, It is true. I forget that bacteria are infected with the cells in the body, but the virus needs a host to exist use that cells' genetic material to reproduce themselves. [I should the correct word call the mutation because it attacks the genetic directly.]

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kupotepo Sars-CoV-2 and COVID-19 are the same thing from my understanding. Sars-CoV-2 (Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) is the official name of the virus.

Edit: Just Googled it, and it turns out that COVID-19 refers to the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. When people talk about the COVID-19 virus, they're actually talking about SARS-CoV-2.

Last edited:

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[MOD]Discussion of politics is banned on the forum. Do not do this again.[/MOD]
The majority of this thread dances around social, economic, and political ideology. Yet I type one single word, drenched in sarcasm, and I'm getting publicly warned for talking about politics? Can someone please explain to me why the rules are different for me when I post in this thread? And somehow everyone else mentioning any political viewpoint is completely ignored?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The majority of this thread dances around social, economic, and political ideology. Yet I type one single word, drenched in sarcasm, and I'm getting publicly warned for talking about politics? Can someone please explain to me why the rules are different for me when I post in this thread? And somehow everyone else mentioning any political viewpoint is completely ignored?
Perhaps because there is a certain level of lightening the restrictions going on in the thread, because some discussion of politics will inevitably bleed into the discussion of a devastating real world event and how governments are handling it. That lightening of the restrictions is for a purpose.

And that purpose isn't so you can make mocking jokes about a political system. That in no way serves the purpose of the thread, which is to discuss the COVID-19 situation.

Also, there is a process for discussing disagreements with moderators, and it isn't to start the disagreement in the thread.

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To begin, I would like to say, the perfect song for me at the moment is Track 15 from Spring Awakening. I cannot actually tell you the title of the song.

My state has extended the stay at home order until the end of the month, and now non essential areas are blocked off to shoppers. My entire area, lawn and garden, is now non essential. We thought grills, ascessories, and charcoal would make it. Nope. Can't sell vegetable plants or seeds. This is starting to get incredibly annoying.

Also, curtains are essential. Really?

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ryisunique, do you buy those items online? If you buy something online, please do you not expect to come on time. Now, Amazon is inform me that my stuff will be here next month.

You can buy seeds online.

@Serjo_Calibrato, I agree with you that in Italy, the sellers in Amazon do not see profits in the Italy so they are going somewhere else. Sad day for human nature.:blink:

Last edited:

Serjo_Calibrato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if it's the same in all the countries, but in Italy even amazon sells less stuffs. Probably it's better so, little distribution would be killed otherwise.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it spontaneous? I wonder if there is someone behind this terrible virus. It quickly spread to the world and destroyed everything.

Serjo_Calibrato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it spontaneous? I wonder if there is someone behind this terrible virus. It quickly spread to the world and destroyed everything.
Do you mean the virus? There are a lot of fake news and conspiracy theory that say that it was made in laboratory, but they are just fake. It has been proven that the virus has a natural origin. The spill-over from animals is even the more common way to start a pandemic in human history (probably the only one, but I'm not sure, I'm not an expert).

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it may happen naturally, and is it an opportunity for leaders of evil countries or terrorists as well to use it in a bad way?
I'm just surprised at the numbers. It seems to be increasing day by day and faster than before and the solution is not over yet.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@palatkorn, the prime suspect is a pangolin of the virus and if you are reading the article. It is also make us sad for them being hunt for mythical promises.

Handle the virus is very dangerous and you need special protective gears.

Last edited:

Serjo_Calibrato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it may happen naturally, and is it an opportunity for leaders of evil countries or terrorists as well to use it in a bad way?
I think this is not a real threat. As we can see the virus cannot be controlled or avoided. If a country want to use it as a weapon there are high chances it will be affected either. Maybe terrorist can use something like this to threaten the world, but there aren't a lot of terrorist with a Phd in virology around the world.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But if there is a group of people with the vaccines in their possession, they are not afraid of the virus at all. That is why
Before creating a virus weapon, they must be vaccinated.

I heard that some countries are successful In creating antiretroviral drugs, but it is strange that the virus still exists and does not reduce bad research results For anything If this was a silent virus war, I was afraid that no one would dare to talk about it. Because it destroys everything around the world

I think this is not a real threat. As we can see the virus cannot be controlled or avoided. If a country want to use it as a weapon there are high chances it will be affected either. Maybe terrorist can use something like this to threaten the world, but there aren't a lot of terrorist with a Phd in virology around the world.

Last edited:

Serjo_Calibrato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not an expert in medicine so I can't say about the antiviral drugs. About the possibility that a group of people get the vaccines and keep it secret I find it unlikely. I worked for a year in research (it was neuroscience, not exactly medicine, but the mechanism is the same) and I could say that the idea of secrets in science simply isn't real. If a research group reaches a goal (like the development of a vaccine) means that there are a lot of shared public knowledge already existing and therefore another research group could have the same result in a matter of months. Now we have no vaccine for the coronavirus (sars-covid-however-it-is), but a lot of scientist are working in different direction to find one; probably after the first will be confirmed we will have different others few time later.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Strange that it happened in China like
Question ::
1. Corona need China?
2. China is a great power virus
3. Then it was born in a city with a population of 11 million people in china
4. Leaders in Wuhan city cover up and release until the outbreak
5. Which country seems to be the most responsive

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kupotepo ,you can technically buy anything online. However, Walmart tends to serve those without internet, credit cards, debit cards or any form of online payment. Essentially, the poor is getting highly screwed in this pandemic. Also, I can't sell plants because those aren't online.

And to update, I can now sell grills, charcoal, accessories, veg seeds and Bonnie plants. whew. The state keeps going back and forth between.

Honestly, this pandemic is just what happens when humans don't prepare. As I said before, they prepped the theory, and never practiced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Everytime I need to write dialogues I find myself writing new music pieces... what kind of trick is this?!
Me Being Dumb spending hrs trying to figure out Irenas Visual Novel busts plugin..lol. I'm probably missing something stupid and obvious xDD

let the journey begin >w>
X.X ok... I guess I'll just have to think about 48x48 a little differently. Its not "room for more work"..."its room for more detail!...yay"
Alexa, play Buck-Tick - Dress
Worst part about doing a plugin based on an existing system: figuring out the best way for developers to set up the data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraufen