COVID-19 a.k.a. coronavirus, let's talk about it.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty crazy they considered stopping seed sales. So many people are starting gardens up now with time on their hands.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ryisunique, it is so terrible that you have to be alert all the time. Some Walmart stores need to clean up in some touching areas. It is for the safety of employees and customers. Sorry, I know you work at Walmart and it is no small task. People touch the surface to get meat, vegetables, and meat constantly. I hope the CEO is considering doing that.

According to APA, we will likely develop anxiety with all of the news updating constantly.

:popcorn:What! You are selling plants.@Ryisunique The shipping cost is going to be expensive. I will assume it is fun and laughing plants.

Last edited:

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@bgillisp these people don't play games.

@Kupotepo my store has been keeping up on the cleaning aspect. Thankfully. Our newest people are either cashiering or cleaning while older ones are stocking like mad. Unfortunately, even with orders from Corporate, there are a few that are more worried about getting things stocked for the customers.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ryisunique, it is good news to see people have compassion and care about the customers. Two groceries near me are closing. Yeah, people are going to a store early to buy the stuff like every day is like a Black Friday.

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, we had hope that blocking off non essential items would curtail people, but not enough is blocked off. To me, there are areas that should be but aren't and people are still coming in for those.

It would be nice to tell people off. Had a woman complaining that she couldn't get paint.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From Italy.

My country has so many deaths mostly because italians are old, with the sixth-longest life expectancy in the world of around 84 years old.
That means almost 1/4 of italians are 65y and over and it's proven the virus affects mostly the elders.
There are young people getting sick and dying too, but this the law of the big numbers, there will always be exceptions...

The official death toll is currently high because the civil protection is counting "together" who died with the coronavirus with who died from the coronavirus.
The real numbers are most likely much higher due to many dying at home, and most people being completely asymptomatic.
Hospitals at the north (especially Lombardia) have been close to collapsing and there's no place for everyone.
However it's FALSE that doctors have been forced to choose who lives and who dies in Italy.

Italian healthcare is excellent, it's ranked #2 worldwide by the World Health Organization. France is the #1.
Some hospitals did mistakes, indeed, but almost nobody was prepared worldwide to such a catastrophe. Let's be real here.

The good news is that currently in Italy the rate of infection is slowing down (peak was 6700 * day, currently between 3500-4500) and the number of deaths/people in ICU are reducing too.
The lockdown measures are working and italians are "mostly" listening and staying home.

Last edited:

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never personally accused Italy for choosing who lives and who dies and never believed that. Actually that was heard on tv, by journalists, thus it was an unreliable source I had to personally double check to confirm. Not through blog trash. Thus I never confirmed it. But I am 100% sure that Italy wasn't ready, thus mistakes WILL be made. You dealt well with an unknown disaster, you warned the whole Europe and all the World through the toll you paid in lives. Thus, as a matter of fact, you should be proud in a relative way. Love from Greece.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dreadshadow
Yep. I wasn't talking about you of course, it's mostly crappy media that said this.
Part of the reason of why I stopped watching tv entirely and just use the screen for movies, lol.
Thanks for the very nice words, Dread, God bless you and Greece.
Stay safe.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ryisunique You're not allowed into your own garden? That does sound very restrictive. We're still allowed in our gardens, just not allowed to be near other people. And why are curtains considered essential but not seeds? lol.

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@The_Stranger I still need to go into my area to stock, clean, and grab things. Customers aren't supposed to be there. If they want it, it has to be online purchases and pickup today.

Honestly, the new part of the extended order that I hate is that residence to residence travel is banned. I normally go to my grandma's for internet and now I can't do that for 3 weeks.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ryisunique, I guess it is time for home improvement. When people did not have things to do, I guess make their house look better.

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, no. I want people to stop browsing the store. I would rather cut off about 30-40 percent of our store and cut people down to 200, including the employees in that figure.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I find it interesting that in the US, if you check out the CDC website, there have been no increasing flu or pneumonia deaths in the US. Apparently all hospitals, or the CDC, or whomever is recording all illness related death as a COVID-19 death. The CDC released information regarding this issue that states something to the effect of any death under suspicion of COVID-19 can be written up as a COVID-19 death.

Personally, I find this dishonest and easily skewed. So whomever is responsible for reporting death statistics from a site (hospital, clinic, etc.) is essentially able to spin the death based on their own personal bias. (Guidance for certifying deaths due to COVID-19)

The US has so many reported COVID-19 deaths, but no reported flu or pneumonia deaths. The numbers are dishonest to say the least.

Again, this information can be verified at the CDC website. I'm not trying to say there is some kind of conspiracy happening. But I do believe accurate reporting is essential during a pandemic like COVID-19, and I don't see that happening.

EDIT: I realized my wording is weird in my opening paragraph. There have been flu and pneumonia deaths in the US this season, it's just that the numbers are dropping off way more than what the estimation of deaths were for this season. I believe there are still many people dying from flu and pneumonia, but that they are being reported as "possible COVID-19" death instead of what they really are.

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not trying to say there is some kind of conspiracy happening.

EDIT: I realized my wording is weird in my opening paragraph. There have been flu and pneumonia deaths in the US this season, it's just that the numbers are dropping off way more than what the estimation of deaths were for this season. I believe there are still many people dying from flu and pneumonia, but that they are being reported as "possible COVID-19" death instead of what they really are.
And yet that's exactly what you do.
Or at least that's how your words sound.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And yet that's exactly what you do.
Or at least that's how your words sound.
By conspiracy I meant it in the strictest sense of the word: a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful. That's the definition I know of anyways. I do not believe the CDC is involved in a conspiracy.

What I meant by my post is that I don't think due diligence is being done when it comes to the submission and reporting of death statistics linked to COVID-19 in the US. The rules and policy laid out by the CDC for parameters of reporting COVID-19 deaths leave too much open to personal bias by either the particular person or organization submitting the reports.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"A confirmation bias is a type of cognitive bias that involves favoring information that confirms your previously existing beliefs or biases."
"Confirmation bias occurs from the direct influence of desire on beliefs. When people would like a certain idea or concept to be true, they end up believing it to be true."

"According to cognitive dissonance theory, there is a tendency for individuals to seek consistency among their cognitions (i.e., beliefs, opinions). When there is an inconsistency between attitudes or behaviors (dissonance), something must change to eliminate the dissonance. In the case of a discrepancy between attitudes and behavior, it is most likely that the attitude will change to accommodate the behavior."

"The term “conspiracy theory” refers to a theory or explanation that features a conspiracy among a group of agents as a central ingredient."
According to the Wiki, "a conspiracy theory is an explanation of an event or situation that invokes a conspiracy by sinister and powerful actors, often political in motivation, when other explanations are more probable."

I just let the evidence speak not just pieces of evidence that I want to hear, believe, or sees. It is up to anyone to believe those facts or not.

Please, everyone, take care of yourself with mental health.

Last edited:

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just let the evidence speak not just pieces of evidence that I want to hear, believe, or sees. It is up to anyone to believe those facts or not.
The whole reason I bring it up is because of the impact that the mandatory social distancing and closure of "non-essential" businesses is having on the US economy.

I found an article that poses the same questions about accuracy of COVID-19 death toll reporting. Now, I've read many articles and seen many videos about this issue, but it's difficult to find news sources in the US that don't have either conservative or liberal bias.

So do you have an opinion on the issue @Kupotepo ?

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I believe anything on internet, I would be paranoid already. Please check your source: [think about who benefits? Is it informational or opinion driven ?]

The website used the Daily Caller and Questionable Sources such as the Gateway Pundit.

It is not about the political spectrum bias. It about how humans perceived the world and understand the surroundings. It is about perceived to true or something that can be proof and verify empirically.

I do not think this website is reddit or the conversation.com.:kaojoy: Those websites are good places to express your perspective.

Last edited:

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
According to APA, we will likely develop anxiety with all of the news updating constantly.
Not everyone would. Some people are better able to cope with extreme stress. Look up psychological resilience if you want to read up on it. Covid-19 will probably cause many people to develop this as a skill though. There's always a silver lining somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amstudios