COVID-19 a.k.a. coronavirus, let's talk about it.

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Measures are now a little more loose in Greece. Hopefully we will leave this incident to the past.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've heard/seen speculations that the reason why Japan has so low number of deaths is because they refuse to acknowledge corona as the cause of death. In some attempts to save face, some hospitals turn away patients or neglect to list corona as a factor of death. Normally, the number of deaths from pneumonia should decrease around this time of year, but it actually increased instead.

Of course, this is all just speculation so far. Given how Japan, China, Vietnam are pretty tight-lipped about things that can affect their reputation, it's a possibility.

And I just found out that Ken Shimura, a famous Japanese comedian, has passed away.
OMG! I love watching his videos to improve my listening comprehension! NOOOOOOO!!!!

I live in south of LA. Covid hasn't hit my area hard so far. But more people protesting and the Fox crowd are saying we should hurry up and get back to work. Hey, I don't mind if we just lift restrictions right now. People wanna go out at their own risks, let them.
I think we should all slowly start to open up again, but too fast, and take it at a slow pace. But if they want to open up everything right away, well, let them do as they please. Maybe it's safe. Maybe not. If they die, they die.

It's a free country. If Darwinism gets anyone, good luck. The world is overpopulated. If it's not a concern to them, I'm not concerned about them, either.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mr. Detective

It’s not really darwinism. People who don’t want to open up and thinks it’s a bad choice have to go back to work too. If you don’t have money in the bank but do have kids and/or debt, then you can’t just stay home and loose your benefits if everyone else goes back to work. You’ll have to suffer with the collective if it turns out to be the wrong decision.

As for Japan. I doubt people are turned away at the hospitals here. Japans medical system is actually very good. I have a lot of personal experience with it.
When it comes to accurate reporting though, that’s a different thing altogehter. I can see how that probably has (to some degree might still be) happened. Face is important in Asia and Japan was trying to host the Olympics this summer after all.

But there are other theories as well. Like that a TB vaccine given to Japanese (and other asian people too) when they’re young have been said to *maybe* help against Covid.

While it is just a speculation, there is some colleration since that same TB vaccine is no longer given in neither the EU or US.

However, the reasons for the low numbers in Japan is probably not just one thing. And right now, we don’t know.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My state has 11K cases in a population of 3.1 million and is reopening tonight, and never did a full lockdown. Our neighboring state has 9K cases in a population of 6.1 million and still has most places closed.

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Generally speaking I support the lockdown initiatives.

That being said, I'm getting married in the next few months, followed by a long-saved-up-for honeymoon, and it's looking like we may need to cancel both. We're going to find out later this month.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Have anyone applied for UI because their hours are reduced? I'm applying right now, but ran into something I'm not sure how to answer. Something to do with my current employer. Is it appropriate for me to make a thread to ask here?

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure but if it is related to COVID-19 and it doesn't break any forum rules, why not?

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll just post it here, instead of making another thread. Hope I can get some help from you guys!

I've been working for my current employer since February 2017 until now. My hours were cut since the end of March. When it asks "Did you work for any employer in the last 18 months", I put yes and put the name of my current employer. On the "Last Employer Information", I put that my hours were reduced due to Covid, and that my last working day was this Friday.

And then on the next screen, it asks me if I have worked for any employer from 1/1/19 to 3/31/20. Am I supposed to put yes again? Well, I did put yes, and filled out the same information.

Now, this is the part I'm stuck on. I started working as a part time in 2017 and 2018, but when school was out, I worked full time. My wage also increased slowly over the years. I started working full time completely in May 2018. My wage was increased this year, but last year, I was paid 18/hr. My hours were cut since 3/23, to 24 hr/wk. I will start working 4 days next week, but no idea when I'll work full time again. Am I supposed to put full time in this part? What do I put as my wage?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Put in your hours before they were cut back, so, what you would be working if things were still normal and you were full time. And put that you were full time. You want to represent what you were/would be working before you were affected by this virus. But, if it's like here in Texas, they will primarily look at your past income over the last year to average what you should be making.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
OK. Submitted my application. Welp. Let's just hope for the best.

Thanks, guys!

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Part-Time Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some good news for my country.
After so much suffering and death, Italy finally has this accursed pandemic "almost" under control, new cases are around 200-300 x day, which is very low compared to our peak.
The virus never really reached the southern regions either (where my family lives) and mostly affected the northern area.

Good luck everyone else dealing with this.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't know about other countries, but recent media coverage in America has been a terrible joke. Without getting into politics, I'll just say this: if you can gather in group for some internet virtue points, whatever side you're on, you can go back to work. Let's slowly go back to before.

And I'm still working on the UI certification. If I get $600, great. If not, what a waste of time.

kenlan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
I`m glad to see for example Italy is going better now and with the news that may( or not) be true that a vaccin is on it`s way, but it will take some time, maybe people can find strength to hold on to the "stay safe" things like having common sense. Common sense is what we in Sweden have tried and... no, it`s not good here and now it`s a disaster in the upper places of Sweden too. So , here in Sweden it`s something wrong with how the agencies have handled this. Our neighbors, Finland, Norway and Denmark have all-together lower death cases than we have alone(over 5000 now and we are small).... But it`s always light in the end of the tunnel (or for the most...) . EDIT:
Parallax Panda, i have been reading what you have been writing and yes, it`s not one dimensional, it`s far more complex , we should have been better prepared and listen more to other countries(maybe, i really don`t know why it`s going so wrong here but the immigration is one big thing, of course they having a little harder to understand what`s going on if they not being informed in the right way, and all different cultures is doing it all even harder) .

Last edited:

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kenlan, what is happening in Sweden? Is the COVID-19 case increasing there? Where is the hotspot? The rural, suburban, or urban areas. I am just curious to see what you did see.

the immigration is one big thing, of course they having a little harder to understand what`s going on if they not being informed in the right way
What is happening there? Is the language barrier or cultural barrier? That can be a problem if people cannot inform them they cannot protect themselves against the virus.

kenlan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hi.
Kupotepo: Yes , it`s increasing here. Now the north places of Sweden having a hard time and that`s something new.
Before it was much Stockholm, then down in the country and now they crying for help( nurses and so on, in the north )Both language barrier and cultural barrier is a big problem overall here in Sweden. Sweden took so many people in here under a short period( whole the time, but very much a couple of years) and totally failed to integrate them.
Too much people in too short time, it dosen´t work. They have often sort of their own societies. And they where not informed correctly on their languages, and even if just that is better now, there`s something very bad going on. But it`s more complex than that, it must be more complex because ours older are going down as.... And i just tries to understand what`s happening but i can`t. I work in a second-hand /antique shop and we have a lot of immigrants as customer and.. it`s hard. Culture problem i think.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kenlan, nice to see you and many new members. I understand now: the Middle East cultural shock, and the spiritual courts:wink:. I understand now. Thank you. Please do not explain more; I do not want you to broke the forum rule. I saw people's rants about that problem in the past. Ok, it is still a problem there. However, if you wish to explain to me more, you can send the private conversion to my inbox.:smile: I appreciate learning more from direct knowledge.

Last edited:

kenlan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
. We should not take covid19 too easy of`course. But something that maybe can light it up a little . I hope i`m dont doing something wrong now, i don`t even know if we can link to you tube. Excuse me . Take it serious all people. It`s Not the flu.
EDIT: I don`t have any rights to the video.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just spent FOREVER troubleshooting an issue with my keyboard... turns out the cord was just loose OTL
I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.
Everytime I need to write dialogues I find myself writing new music pieces... what kind of trick is this?!
Me Being Dumb spending hrs trying to figure out Irenas Visual Novel busts plugin..lol. I'm probably missing something stupid and obvious xDD

let the journey begin >w>
X.X ok... I guess I'll just have to think about 48x48 a little differently. Its not "room for more work"..."its room for more detail!...yay"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niickpv90