COVID-19 a.k.a. coronavirus, let's talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Guess it's been a while since I posted here and since it seems Belgium's been in the news abroad lately...

We're definitely in our second wave over here. I work in a town that's located in the "red zone". Masks are mandatory as soon as you step outside your door. Doesn't matter if you're jogging or cycling. 99% of the people I've met on my trek to work seems to follow the rules, so that's always good. :) There's also a curfew, as well as a sports ban (though it was slightly amended yesterday, but since I don't really practice any sport I don't care enough to look it up :p)

There's also the national rule regrding the number of people one can meet in close quarters for the next month. We came from 15 people per person and went to 5 people per household.

All that said, there's no real lockdown though. Restaurants, shops, cafés are all still open. (Well, some of them decided to close down for the next month.)

All of the above rules count for the next 4 weeks. It's definitely helpful there's a deadline, so we have something to look towards to. Hopefully the strict rules help and flatten this second curve.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, some people don't listen after all. I see...

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I get the honors it seems.

Based on discussion among mods all of us are to end the debate on if the medicine works or not, as this is not the place for it. Please restrict this thread to what is going on in your country with the virus and stuff that can be proven. Otherwise this thread will be closed.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And those were backed by many doctors and physicians who said it worked in their experience too, but was later debunked by real studies.
This is probably splitting hairs, but discovering that lobotomies destroyed the brain more than helped the brain was more about advancements in technology and less about studies.

After Donald Trump made the ridiculous comments about "getting cleaning products inside the body somehow" (this is not political; that was a patently ridiculous comment)
The POTUS never made any statements telling people to put cleaning products into their bodies. He did bring up using hydroxychloroquine, because at the time of that statement it was being legitimately looked into as a possible solution. But if you're going to make a statement saying that the POTUS urged people to use cleaning products to fight off COVID19, then I'll have to call you out for being either a liar or ignorant of the POTUS's statements on that matter. It never happened.

I heard a rumor that Trump was also a stock holder in the companies that make this medicine. Anyone investigate if that is true?
I believe he was/is; but, so what? When you're a billionaire with companies that own companies that own companies all over the world, it's difficult to not be a stakeholder in a lot of different things. If you're trying to insinuate that he was trying to push people into taking hydroxychloroquine because he wanted to make a quick buck, then I would defy you to provide proof to back up such a claim. It's the same argument from the other side trying to say that Bill Gates, because of certain companies he owns, is trying to murder people around the world with vaccinations.

This is to no one in particular, but if you're going to start making claims that particular people or organizations are "out to get us" then I think you should provide the proof to back up such a claim. Otherwise you sound like a buffoon. I'd like to think that we are all smart enough to know the difference between an actual statement that someone has made versus the exacerbation's and punditry we get from the talking heads on the evening news.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
EDIT: Oof, ninja'd by the warning to keep it to updates about life around COVID, and not discuss "treatments".

I'll go ahead and wipe my post as such.

Last edited:

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
OP is edited- updated.

Please restrict this thread to what is going on in your country with the virus and stuff that can be proven.

I give 5 minutes to people to realize it.

I believe he was/is; but, so what? When you're a billionaire with companies that own companies that own companies all over the world, it's difficult to not be a stakeholder in a lot of different things. If you're trying to insinuate
I have to agree on this. Business is business as people say and that is why I don't work in a corporate environment.

So the derailing discussions end up here ok people?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@HumanNinjaToo : That's why I said I dunno if it is true. You can look that up though if you care, I never cared enough to check. However please see my post above yours as it has been decided that this part of the discussion is now over by a consensus of mods and staff.

Again though:

DEBATE IS OVER. Only post facts on how it is going in your country. This thread is now locked for 24 hours to give the thread time to cool down and so no one posts before they read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It seems to me that I'm too lazy to make new MZ plugins with my full time job, so I'm porting my easy, simple and small MV plugins instead.
I hope I can port 1-2 such plugins per day, but this will be hard for me :)
just mechin' around this morning - MZ edit, feel free to use, must own MZ
I think it is absolutely adorable how Korone says "Eekum Bokum" and the fact she seems so amused by it. :LZSproud:

Justice is "Just ice" without a space
Hi, I was only a silent reader for years, finally I decided to create an account. Greetings all. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sergo