RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey um, I need help with this.

So I'm working on this VX Ace project and I'm using Cozziekun's Earthbound-ish Battle System, a battle system that is a tad notorious for being a bit touchy at times. I have issues with the game freezing in combat when an enemy dies and fades away. It used to happen every second/third battle until I ripped out two scripts and now it happens more inconsistently as it could take up to ten-ish battles before freezing, in this spoiler is the scripts I'm using:

bandicam 2022-10-05 20-23-17-750.jpg
bandicam 2022-10-05 20-23-23-714.jpg

I use abbreviated names for all scripts and try to include script maker's name within the label. I'm not sure if its Cozziekun's script itself being an issue or one of these bad bois doing it. I hope it isn't Yanfly's Core script because I went through the hard work of resizing a bunch of stuff to 640x480. But please help me out with this one, I'll give a cookie if anyone comes forward.

Also the game freezes but music will still play and no crash error will display, not even on the RSSG console. Also the freezing is more likely to happen if any special/magic attacks are used.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would put those two scripts back in and test removing other scripts.
Basically if you remove everything except the two bad scripts you mentioned and the EB battle script, then it is either the EB script itself (maybe there is something there that is wrong, perhaps with your copy) or the two scripts are really the issue and something else was just a slight issue.
Finding out if any other scripts have issues will help you and us to help you.
Since you don't have too many scripts it shouldn't take too long.
Let us know your report.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Thank you.

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would put those two scripts back in and test removing other scripts.
Basically if you remove everything except the two bad scripts you mentioned and the EB battle script, then it is either the EB script itself (maybe there is something there that is wrong, perhaps with your copy) or the two scripts are really the issue and something else was just a slight issue.
Finding out if any other scripts have issues will help you and us to help you.
Since you don't have too many scripts it shouldn't take too long.
Let us know your report.
So I tossed out every script except for the EB Battle script and the two I had removed beforehand and gradually removed the other two scripts until the last one remained and it still froze.

Also it freezes when a particular skill is used, which in this case is a custom one called "Lock-On"

bandicam 2022-10-06 20-34-59-159.jpg
bandicam 2022-10-06 20-35-04-050.jpg

However I think it has something to do with how Cozziekins' EB script handles animations as the SFX will play and the screen will flash, then it will freeze. Or the enemy dies and fades away and then it freezes.

I'm not sure if there any forum rules for on re-distributing other people's scripts even if its for diagnostic purposes so I'll link to where it is: Right over here! At the end of the script may be the key to this as I think it handles the enemies when they fade away when they are defeated. There maybe some other bit where animations were handled albeit it looks mostly like UI stuff.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
However I think it has something to do with how Cozziekins' EB script handles animations as the SFX will play and the screen will flash, then it will freeze. Or the enemy dies and fades away and then it freezes.
I knew I had looked at this before.

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I knew I had looked at this before.
I took a look at that post, is that what fix that other user's issues? (I saw that thread before and tried to remove scripts to see if it would fix itself).

EDIT: I tried it out and so far, no freezing! Thank you for coding that, even if the solution kinda just floated under my nose.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

WhitePaper.jpg

From China, with...white paper. :kaojoy:
This is a really good video
Testing Parry/Counter system straight from Action Sequence instead of utilizing the default counter.
Quite happy with the result so far.
Bex
This just blew my mind.
RMMZ can choose Tilesize.
No complicated Plugin needed, it is a simple inbuild Option.
This means you could literally use all your rm2k3 or vx-ace Tilesets and Characktersets in RMMZ.
This also makes me curious about experimenting with smaler Tiles and higher Screen Resolutions for non RPG Games.
mztilesize1414564.png
Did you know about this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeachyGlitch