SamHain

The Pumpkin Song
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
CP's Battle Engine.  Created by NeonBlack.  I love this thing, especially in mode three.  It meets so many of my needs all in one neat little package.  In fact, it meets so many of my needs that I'm loathe to move away from it.  It gives me a wide range of creative possibilities.  While it doesn't mesh well with all the other scripts I'm using, it doesn't mesh well in a way that isn't important because the game I'm developing isn't using the bits that don't flow together smoothly. 

There is one thing, however, that is pretty major.

In mode three, you are able to assign a static battler to your actors.  This is fantastic.  But through a few weeks of trial and error employing a large variety of methods, to include other scripts I thought might help, I have discovered that I am unable to change an actor's graphic.

For example: say you have an actor that changes class, and upon changing class, you want to represent that change visually with an alternate static battler.  Or as another example, you have an actor with a transformation skill.

Try as I might, I can't find a way to change the battler graphic.  Granted, I am not entirely RUBY literate.  Which is why I'm here now.

How can I change my actors' battler graphics?

SamHain

The Pumpkin Song
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm an idjit.  I just discovered NeonBlack wrote a series of scripts to plug in to his engine, one of which does exactly what I need (his Graphic States script, for anyone else who happens to have the same question I did).

Please mark as as "Solved".

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

5 months and no progression at all, i love me.
1.6 update incoming with quality breakthrough! :kaoluv:

1643254634071.png
I might try the mechanical bull at the fair on Friday... for one of the challenges, if you stay on for two minutes, you win $200. I might give that a try and see if I win--I'm pretty good at holding on to things.
Remaking a more streamlined version of my Remote Move map skill in MZ, just one switch and one variable to handle everything. If you seen the Move skill in Golden Sun before, moving far away items with your mind is pretty cool

MZtestRemoteMove.gif
I don't want to brag or anything but I was entertaining a woman the other night. I told her jokes while she bandaged my foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flike1963