pinkapinkie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
There's a crash error when an actor has the counter attack state applied and counterattacks. It crashes and gives an error at line 1233

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
I tested counter attack pretty thoroughly I thought. Might help to know, are you using any other scripts? And does this problem occur in a blank project. And what does the error say?

Darr123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is awesome :D When do you think you'll be able to finish the animated battlers? For now it'll do but if you implement that it will be even awesomer! :guffaw: :rock-right:

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Not entirely sure at the moment, but I'm shooting for mid-January.

Revenant of Anubis

Admin of Chronalis and Creator of it's RPG
Reaction score
First Language
HTML, NERD & RP
Primarily Uses
Love this scripting I am beginning to think if I could make money off my games I should Hire ya to be my scripter lol..... btw is there a way to demo your Mod 2 version the one with all the faces at bottom? Wanna see it in action to get an idea how I could apply this and maybe do magic buffs like icons only above them or such.

marshzd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am digging this script, but after the first round of combat, the combat doesn't work anymore. I can select to "fight" or "defend" but it doesn't do anything, just moves on automatically to a new round without anyone attacking. I tried disabling auto-attack, defend, and all out to see if it was using one of them that caused it, and nope.

I do have Yanfly Ace Core, Menu Engine, and Item Menu installed. I also have Traits Namer and the Rune Enchant system. Any idea what might be happening? I can upload a demo if necessary.

Thanks.

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Updated to version 1.2

Update includes the following changes:

• Simple sideview mode has been added.  This can be set up mostly from it's own section of the config.
  • Flying, transparent, and mirror tags have been added.  Check the main post or the instructions sections to learn about these.
  • Party switching options have been added.  One has been added to the party command window that has the player select a character in the party and a character in reserve, and a second has been added to the actor command window that switches the current actor with an actor on reserve when the actor's turn comes in battle.
  • The animation queue has been changed to an animation array.  This will allow several animations to play on an enemy at the same time rather than only a single animation.
  • Changed how the animation to screen overlap bug was fixed.
  • Added the ability to disable centering when the screen has been resized.
  • Numerous other small changes and tweaks.
The new version can be obtained from the main post.

@marshzd (since I'm not able to quote for some reason)

I've never heard of this happening, but I do know that Yanfly Ace Core is not entirely... compatible with my battle engine.  That MIGHT be what's causing your issue.  Most of the battle related fixes from that are already present in this script, though my assumption is you're probably using it for the screen resizing.  Try moving it's position in the editor (if you have it below my script, move it above).  If that doesn't do it, try commenting out scripts one by one until you find the one interfering.

Last edited by a moderator:

pinkapinkie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I get an error at line 653 return [i, (Graphics.height - (120 + @help_window.height)) / line_height].min

I tried commenting it, and it works just fine.

Another error at line 2167 undefined method each @extra_sprites.each {|sprite| sprite.dispose }, when switching actors using the party command option. Looks like it's a problem with yanfly's party manager script.

Also, if you end up a battle after changing to another actor, you get an error in the victory script at line 1228, cannot convert nil into array: @skills = actor.skills - BattleManager.old_skills(actor.actor_id)

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
I need to update my victory screen for that last error.  I'll look into compatibility with YF's script.

What exactly is the error that pops up with the first issue?  I can't fix it if I don't know what it is and that's the only one that interests me.

Arqan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
I'm using your CP's battle engine and I love it but it seems not to be working with Yanfly's Ace Core Engine. Do you have any solutions for this?

When I put YF's Core Engine above your script on the list it doesn't throw any errors but after the first turn in battle characters used by me and enemy can not attack each other. I can select the attack and the target but then it skips to "Attack, All Out, Members" etc. menu. Strange thing is that the first turn works like a charm.

When I put YF's Core Engine below your script on the list it throws an error after I select a target for my attacks.

Vanguard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I get a error code on line 1826 something about arguments and then it says something on the second line arguments 1 for 0.

I am using yanfly core script yanflys message script. You think it might be in the core script?

Vanguard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I figured out what the problem was...its the yanfly message system. Tried it in a new project and yeah that's whats causing the errors as well as the monsters and people to stop acting after the first battle.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Two things Doc Qwack Meon (jk)

Can mode 3 display character sprites instead of portrait style?

Would love to do the sideview and have battle motion like in MogHunters in with it

http://www.atelier-rgss.com/RGSS/Battle/ACE_BAT05.html

because I tried to combine it with Symphony and it doesn't work to easily.

I can get it to run but when I input an action it errors out.

Thank you for your time

Qwack on!

Xypher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
If anyone is still interested

the yanfly core compatibility problem is fixed changing

def self.turn_start    @phase = :turn    clear_actor  ## Removed turn count from here.    make_action_orders  end
to

def self.turn_start    @phase = :turn    clear_actor  ## Removed turn count from here.    @performed_battlers = []    make_action_orders  end

at line 418

Vanguard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Found another one it keeps crashing with multiple enemies on screen at once with magic spells. Did it in a new project just too see if it was a script conflict and nope that wasn't it. line 1728 error it keeps giving a no method error about anti =

Xypher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
goto line 539 in yanfly's core engine script or whereever Sprite_Base starts

#==============================================================================# ■ Sprite_Base#==============================================================================class Sprite_Base < Sprite   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # overwrite method: set_animation_rate  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def set_animation_rate    @ani_rate = YEA::CORE::ANIMATION_RATE  end  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method: start_pseudo_animation  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def start_pseudo_animation(animation, mirror = false)    dispose_animation    @animation = animation    return if @animation.nil?    @ani_mirror = mirror    set_animation_rate    @ani_duration = @animation.frame_max * @ani_rate + 1    @ani_sprites = []  end end # Sprite_Base#==============================================================================# ■ Sprite_Battler#==============================================================================class Sprite_Battler < Sprite_Base   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # alias method: setup_new_animation  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  alias sprite_battler_setup_new_animation_ace setup_new_animation  def setup_new_animation    sprite_battler_setup_new_animation_ace    return if @battler.nil?    return if @battler.pseudo_ani_id.nil?    return if @battler.pseudo_ani_id <= 0    animation = $data_animations[@battler.pseudo_ani_id]    mirror = @battler.animation_mirror    start_pseudo_animation(animation, mirror)    @battler.pseudo_ani_id = 0  end end # Sprite_Battler
and comment it all out

eg

Code:
#==============================================================================# ■ Sprite_Base#==============================================================================#~ class Sprite_Base < Sprite #~   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------#~   # overwrite method: set_animation_rate#~   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------#~   def set_animation_rate#~     @ani_rate = YEA::CORE::ANIMATION_RATE#~   end#~   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------#~   # new method: start_pseudo_animation#~   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------#~   def start_pseudo_animation(animation, mirror = false)#~     dispose_animation#~     @animation = animation#~     return if @animation.nil?#~     @ani_mirror = mirror#~     set_animation_rate#~     @ani_duration = @animation.frame_max * @ani_rate + 1#~     @ani_sprites = []#~   end #~ end # Sprite_Base#==============================================================================# ■ Sprite_Battler#==============================================================================#~ class Sprite_Battler < Sprite_Base#~   #~   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------#~   # alias method: setup_new_animation#~   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------#~   alias sprite_battler_setup_new_animation_ace setup_new_animation#~   def setup_new_animation#~     sprite_battler_setup_new_animation_ace#~     return if @battler.nil?#~     return if @battler.pseudo_ani_id.nil?#~     return if @battler.pseudo_ani_id <= 0#~     animation = $data_animations[@battler.pseudo_ani_id]#~     mirror = @battler.animation_mirror#~     start_pseudo_animation(animation, mirror)#~     @battler.pseudo_ani_id = 0#~   end#~   #~ end # Sprite_Battler

Vanguard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
it keeps giving a syntax error for line 517 or so something about expecting $end end

Vanguard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
never mind just figured out what I did....way too many #

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
[SIZE=medium]Awesome script, really useful and easy to implement, thanks a lot. I have one small problem though, when in mode 3, when I introduce an extra actor into the party during a battle, the graphic for this actor doesn’t appear. I am a total newb so I am probably doing something stupid, any help would be appreciated! Thanks[/SIZE]

pinkapinkie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Noticed a problem with the attack times feature. When applied on actors it works just fine, when applied on enemies it won't work.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

New Free Music! This is an epic orchestral called "Break These Chains." I think I posted a preview of it awhile back, but now it's finally available to download and use!

I hope everyone enjoys!
Recently played OneShot and it's reminded me how a game doesn't need to be very long or have a big complex story or gameplay to be good and interesting. It's a RPG Maker game that does unconventional things I would never dare trying to do but it's a cool one nevertheless.
Going live in 5 for tonight's stream! Kytt is going to be playing Dead Space for the first time, because she thought it would be funny for people to watch her play a game with jumpscares. Twitch
Who else loves rainy days like me?

erNyD65.png
It's been so long since I had to us a logical AND (&&) that I needed to look it up to see if that was even a thing you can do. But hey, I have dynamic UI now so that's nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FIL2