JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a small question concerning creating craftables for players.
How would I go about making it possible to take items in the players inventory, and turning them into a potion at, say, a stove or a cauldron?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want them to be able to make several different items, use a Show Choices to let them pick what they want to make. Then use conditional branches to ensure they have each item in inventory - if any item fails, show a message and exit the event. If they need to have multiple of an item, use Control Variables to get the quantity held into a variable, then conditional branch to see that they have enough of that item. Once you've determined they have everything needed, use Change Items to remove all of the individual ingredients, and again to give the resulting item, and show a message.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With a crafting system. Most people use a plugin for that, but it is possible to create one with events only (of course there is a limit to that).

JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With a crafting system. Most people use a plugin for that, but it is possible to create one with events only (of course there is a limit to that).
I would refer to use events, as i don’t know anything about plugins.

If you want them to be able to make several different items, use a Show Choices to let them pick what they want to make. Then use conditional branches to ensure they have each item in inventory - if any item fails, show a message and exit the event. If they need to have multiple of an item, use Control Variables to get the quantity held into a variable, then conditional branch to see that they have enough of that item. Once you've determined they have everything needed, use Change Items to remove all of the individual ingredients, and again to give the resulting item, and show a message.
Thank you. I will try this and see if I can get it to work correctly. :) I’ll respond back with screenshots if I mess up and can’t figure out what I did wrong.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know there is a guide on how to create a crafting system with only events on the forum. Too lazy to search for it tho.

JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know there is a guide on how to create a crafting system with only events on the forum. Too lazy to search for it tho.
I’ll have to try to create tge crafting system in a little bit- i’m away from my computer and have been the whole time.
I assume, though, that I’ll have to make it a Common Event, in order to maintain it throughout the game.

I intend to give the player the capability to create teas, enchanted clothes, and potions- things that would be useful for their character.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Okay, that's the best I can do. Looks a little strange but..err.. it's my style, yeah, very original style..
being an extreme introvert with massive anxiety... I forget this is really, REALLY frustrating for people who are the exact opposite. still, wait this out and stay home...
I hope you all are keeping safe. <3 If you need a shoulder or an ear, I have two of both and am more than willing to listen & support you! Times are weird.
My dad, super frustrated by seclusion, asking me how I live like this. I shrug. "It helps to not like what is outside."
Apparently it's not just people who are hit by corona virus. My phone has set itself to English language on its own. Not that I'm complaining... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imnotanepicgamer