Crafting Script v3.8 - Updated 2/26/2015

oldbone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can we put in a randomizer for the "Default Craft Time"?

That way, the player has to actually watch the craft bar and hit enter at the right time.

Also, perhaps a way to increase the "speed" of that craft bar? Maybe even tie that to the level of the item we're crafting?

... just some thoughts... great script.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
good ideas =)

I'll see what I can do

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I cleaned up some of the code and didn't see a reason to update the post.

But added your ideas and the post has been updated the new features =)

oldbone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice - thanks!

Can't wait to check it out...

Sir Spunky

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is amazing, thanks a lot!!

Love the user interface, so crisp and easy to use, yet powerful.

Would love to be able to disable the timer, to get instant crafting. In other words, so that when you choose "Create", you get the item crafted instantly, without having to go through the timing mini-game. Other than that, I'd use it out-of-the-box.

Great work!

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Sorry to bother you... I have a few issues,one is not important and the other yes...

One is that the "create" option doesnt update after crafting something (at least until you close and reopen the scene) it appears green eveb if you dont have the nedded ingredients.. And the other is relevant,if you omitt the failed item,you will get an error report. Thanks you very much for the script and excuse me for my bad English. PD: i tested with the stew in your demo.

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the bug report. I must of introduced this in one of the updates.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to make the "Create" button to refresh at the right time when you no longer meet the requirements. I tried for days on that one and finally just took out the color change.

So, the new patched up version is posted. Also fixed a bug where you were still getting exp even after the max level. Added the ability to set custom text for the title window when you max out a craft. Changed the way the receipe detail window looks slightly (you can see how much exp you will get for the recipe before you craft it).

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Thanks you very much for the fast reply,i love this script! :)

PD: the demo link still says "V2.2"

Excuse me for my bad English and greetings from Argentina.

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
fixed

thanks again ;) and you're english seems pretty perfect to me =)

james2314

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
How do i add items so i can craft new things?

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok I updated the script so you will need to download it again. I updated it so it will be a little easier to put items in.

You'll want to go down to the recipes area. It'll have entries that look like this:

Recipes[1] = { # Loaf of Bread :recipe_type => 1, # Cooking Recipe :req_level => 1, # Level required to use this recipe :craft_time => 200, # Time it takes to make the item :earned_exp => 3, # Exp gained on success :crafted_item => [:i20, 2], # Makes 2x Loaf of Bread :failed_item => [:i29, 1], # 1x Piece of Charcoal if failed attempt :ingredients => [ # 2x Eggs, 1x Flour, 1x Fresh Milk [:i21, 2], [:i22, 1], [:i23, 1], ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVENow to add a new recipe, you'll want to copy one of the entries and paste it below the others (or just change the ones that are already there). The script should have directions for what each of the lines do/mean. But I understand that putting items can be confusing.VXAce has 3 tabs in the database that deal with items: Items, Weapons, and Armor. For this script to understand which item you want, you'll have to put a ":i", ":a", or ":w" infront of the items id's number.

So if you would like to be able to craft a Potion (this is the first item in the Item's tab in the database). Then you would change

:crafted_item => [:i20, 2],to this
Code:
:crafted_item => [:i1, 2],
The number you see after it is how many of the item you would craft. So in this case, you would recieve 2 Potions.I hope this clears things up, if not just let me know =)

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Yup and just before "create", please. It will help player to see more easely the craft window.

lexietanium

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog :P
Primarily Uses
This is one of the best crafting script I've ever seen. Actually, I usually pass em up but I'm definately gna use this one. =) 

lexietanium

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
Also is there a way to have a menu window that lists all the recipes you've learned without needing to go into the counter/forge/etc.

Also, when I go to the counter to cook it opens up the window just fine, but after I learn the recipe and I try to cook I get an error =( 

it says

script "venka's crafting system" line 700:no method error occured.

undefined method 'name' for nil:NilClass

UPDATE:

FIXED IT =) I didn't have the actual loaf of bread in my database. So after I added it and changed the item number in the recipe (i17 in my case) everything is working fantastic!

I think you should emphasize that you gna need to do that somewhere inside the script for other people who had my problem. :D I'm having a blast makin' my own recipes

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I use to let you do that when in a previous version of this script, but it only had the cooking trait then. I'll see if I can do something with it tomorrow as it's getting a little too late to mess with it tonight :)

lexietanium

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
:D Oooh. Also I have a question. Would it be possible to make the food have more bonus for certain characters who had those food as their favorite food. Like if a character likes udon noodle and eats one he gets more bonus than a character who likes steak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for? I'm thankful that I no longer have PTSD, and that I get to enjoy a good meal with my mom and stepdad! It might not be the same as before COVID, but at least I still get to enjoy the holiday!

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d5n1hit