Crafting Script v3.8 - Updated 2/26/2015

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Venka, Aug 30, 2013.

1. bloodyliao

bloodyliao Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Hi~Venka! Is it possible to change proper time range for each kind of items? Here, proper time range means a rather short time after the crafting time of an item, and during proper time, the crafting bar turns green in default. If a player can react within the proper time range, item would be successfully created. That's what it works in your script.

However,  the proper time for success is something like a global value, which means all craft items may share the same timer window for success. And that's what I wanna change, since an equipment crafting with a small success time is okay, yet it seems wierd for a potion or some kind of foods. Is it possible to make them different? A proper timer window for each item is not necessary, for each kind is OK~

2. Venka

Venka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, there's a default crafting time setting in the customize script (Default_Craft_Time = 300). If you want say all smithing recipes to use the same craft time, there's not a setting for that, but you could make all your recipes have their own time.

I'll see about adding in a default craft type timer while I'm making changes, it should only be a couple of lines of code

3. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hellow venka : D! 

just wounder if the system of crafting can work like rune factory tide of destiny 

like when your craft level is not enough high they say : you can't craft it

if you level is in the middle they say : hard ...this is possible but really hard to do 

if easy ...the bar is really easy to do

also I wanted to work on the same bar

you know this is a cursor who move and need to touch the green zone

and you need to push the button at the good time :3 !

4. Venka

Venka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I did a custom mod of the script so it had a chance to fail if you were to low level and it'd get easier as you progressed in levels. I'll see if I can extract that code tomorrow and send it your way.

I've also gotten the request to have like a moving target on the bar and you'd have to trigger it when the images aligned togeather, but at the time I didn't know how to make it work. I could probably do it now if I thought about it enough but I want to finish the update before taking on another task ;) unless you want to do that part

nio kasgami likes this.
  5. nio kasgami

First Language:
    French
    def cursor_update(cursor_x)case cursorwhen active @cursor_x += level_speed(rand 10)when "button_trigger"@cursor_x = @cursor_speed.lastcheck_if_fail?endrefresh_cursor_positionendsomething like that? 

and thanks you for sending me for trying to send me the add-on : D! 

Venka likes this.
  6. Venka

Venka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I updated the demo project. The only changes to the main script was the width adjustment of the recipe list window. I made that window's width a percentage of the game screens size so it will look better for anyone planing on making their game with the high resolution project. I also made the background images used for each craft type stretch to fill up the screen's size.

I over hauled the demo's map.. nothing inside the demo really changed except for an option for the shopping (since I updated that script as well) and everything is on a bigger map now instead of two maps. The main change to the crafting shop script is that you can set it to use a normal default shop, or a shop with the ability to craft and decompile items or to look like shop set up, but no option to buy and sell.

edit: Oh and the Actor Stats add on still needs work for high resolution and I'll work on it over the new few days

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    tiagoms likes this.
  7. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just a few suggestion of the new updates:

The image stretching...

I don't think it is necessary at all. Who would like to put a stretched (most probably pixelated) image in any scene if it can be done manually and replace it in the settings itself for the correct resolution?

Well, it is an option, maybe someone would really do something like that, who knows.

For the width, an easier and more open solution would be an adjustable width setting in the module itself. It is easy to do and gives the developers the option to re-size their windows at will.

Just one setting is enough for it, for the command window, for example, and the rest of the width goes to the recipe detail window.

You can do this for the actor stat window too. Just two extra settings there, one for the height of the stat popup window, and one for the width of 1 actor slot in that window. Center the pictures/sprites and whatever else that needs to be centered (or even give an option for the developers to choose the alignment too).

These are just suggestions, I will redo the whole scene (again >.>) anyway, but it may help some not so scripting-savvy developers to make the scene look how they want it to look.

Usually (just after you taught me all about these module things :D ) I do things like these when I modify the scenes in my game, so when I want to change something, I just change it in the module instead of always scrolling down and searching for the things I want to change.

And a huge (really, I don't think I can describe it with words, lol) thanks for the no-shop version of the craft/decon addon! *-*

Okay, time to download the update! :)

Venka likes this.
  8. Venka

Venka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I forgot.. I was in a hurry when I posted yesterday so it slipped my mind.

You can set default craft times per craft type now as well in the latest version.

9. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I see you are using FenyxFire's Plane Fix in the demo.

That one will cause random crashes in the demo at scene changes.

You can test it by repeatedly opening and closing the menu. You will get a crash for sure with the Plane Fix.

After removing the script, try it again, and you will see that you won't crash ever.

Just wanted to let you know. Playing a demo and getting random crashes while doing so is not really encouraging. >.>

tiagoms and Venka like this.
  10. Venka

Venka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    doh I'll look into that and let him know ;) thanks sixth

tiagoms likes this.
  11. nio kasgami

First Language:
    French
    Just for say to people who think about using venka crafting system 

this system is really awesome this can afford a lot of customization and the add-on are awesome and unique in is type!

I am the one who work a lot with venka (candy edition) and when she have some good add-on she don't hesit to send me  some she work now!

and the next add-on you will apreciate it 

....but this is a secrettt shhhh...

I will only say : this is inspired from the game Rune Factory ;) !

12. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Today I noticed that there is no way to modify the success time window for the recipes separately, so I made a little addon for it.

With this addon, it is possible to link the success time length (the time when the bar turns green) with your craft type level and to twist it even further, you can even note-tag your equips for further bonuses (or debuffs, mwhahaha! :D ).
    Peek into the spoiler for it!

Here is the addon:

I haven't noticed any bugs or incompatibilities with it, but if someone finds something, report to me!
    And just when I went to sleep yesterday, I noticed that I made a mistake in the note-tags... >.>
    Updated the addon (v.1.1) with the fixes and with some other changes/features.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  13. Venka

Venka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok the new add on as been added to the post (and demo projects). A few mods have been made to the other add ons so you might need to update them. The actor stats add on as been fixed for high resolutions and fix an icon display issue. I also let you pick the window's width in the settings now. Most of the other add ons were adjusted for this particular add on. The shop crafting/decon add on was also updated to work with the new add on: Difficulty Settings.

This new add on lets you craft recipes above your current crafting level, but with a chance to fail. You can set up the level ranges above your current level (or you can make a scale of ones within your current crafting levels..its up to you). Each rank or levels will have it's own display color in the list window and fail rates. PS anyone that got a preview of this add on, you'll need the newer version. I found a bug that was making you fail trivial recipes.

Here's a screen shot of it:

[​IMG]

tiagoms and nio kasgami like this.
  14. Nathan Frost

Nathan Frost ... only the world's greatest Secret Agent. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It looks like a lot of love went into this particular script. I'm impressed by your work standards Venka. Hope to see more scripts just like this one.

Venka likes this.
  15. YakubJuicebox

YakubJuicebox Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Maybe I'm just missing it, but I can't find the download for the script. Can someone point me in the right direction? 

16. Venka

Venka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Look in the first post under demo for links to download.

17. YakubJuicebox

YakubJuicebox Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I downloaded the demo, from both links, but still I am confused on how to get the script itself.

18. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Open the demo with the editor.

Press F11. This will open the script editor.

In this window scroll down all the way on the left side. You will see Venka's scripts there.

19. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sorry for the doublepost, just hopped in for a minor bug report.

I finally managed to update the crafting scripts in my project from 3.3 to 3.6, yayy!

After some testing, I found a bug.

Not a big one, you just forgot to add the default values to the 'craft_recipes(text, recipes)' script call in the Craft/Decompile Add on (the blessings of copy/paste stuffs, I guess :D ), so it is not possible to make a deconstruct only shop with that script call right now.

Venka likes this.
  20. Venka

Venka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Was gonna say .. NO no more bug reports, you're reach your quota for the year ;) but good catch. I'll try to get that fixed and uploaded here shortly.

edit: links are all updated now :) The drop box ones are being sluggish to upload, but mediafire is fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014