mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Screech - you may want to open a topic in Script Support, linking both scripts you are using. Venka's not been very active lately, and other scripters might not think to check here.

Screech1989

King Pin!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks mlogan, i am new to this, only signed up today, i have been looking around and there is so much here to take in, think its going to take me a year to just scan the site over :D
i will locate the script support page and post my issue there with a demo. thanks

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No worries! Normally, this probably would be the place to start asking, but like I said, I'm not sure when/if Venka will see it and I'd hate for you to be waiting for an answer.

The script support section is here. Just title it well and be sure to include links to scripts and maybe a screenshot of any errors if you can.

exnem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone, new here, so HI :)

First off, thanks Venka for this awesome script!

I was trying to download the addon by Sixth for the Vlue Random Items but it seems the attachment that contained the script is no longer there. Can someone post it for me or let me know where I can get it? I'd be deeply grateful.

Thanks

Lyson

Potholders!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Firstly, I love everything about this script!

I'm working on some slight modifications to this script to fit my needs.

Multiple Level requirements to gain a recipe.

Something like Herb Lore (picking herbs and crafting in Medicinal recipes) and Medicinal crafting levels are required for recipes.

I think i'm getting the hang of what to do for this.

Popup for the active crafting.

Instead of showing the bar in the detail window, I'd like a window that popups, much like the result window does,

that just says the item your crafting, has the bar, and a statement saying Press Key to craft when the bar is green.

I have no idea what to do for this one, I'm having a terrible time discerning how to manage this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@exnem

You can get my addon from my pastebin. Link is in my signature.

Sorry for not updating my posts/topics with the new links, I just can't seem to be in the mood for that nowadays.

exnem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Thank you Sixth, I got it :) Very nice indeed!

Chickan117

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
IGNORE THIS MESSAGE

I'm an idiot... I had the flag for auto learn set to false! I'll leave this here anyway just in case it helps anyone else

Hi guys,

This is  a wonderful script. Versatile and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Have come across one small problem though - none of my recipes above 9 seem to appear in game.

Anyone come across this before? Or have any ideas?

I'm not receiving any errors or messages.... it just won't go above 9!

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
My icon on the button is slightly off, where can i change it?
I tried different fonts but no luck.

EDIT:

Actually, the whole buttom part is slightly off, any tips?

Shadower

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First and foremost, a thousand thank you's for such a magnificent crafting script!

Very easy to use and very versatile. Much Props!

I'll take an extra step and ask a question I have about this script.

I'd lurk more, but time is not a commodity I have at the moment, I'm afraid. (I might at a later time)

Is there any way I can craft 2 different kinds of Items in just one recipe? Like a byproduct of a sort? 

Say I'm doing some "leatherworking", I got my key ingredient {leather], My tool, (tanning rack/skinning knife), and any other optional ingredient I want to throw in it (Tanning Agent). As far as the script goes to my knowledge, there is only one product that I'll get by successfully crafting this (i.e. Tanned/cured leather), but what if its a scaly hide that I'm tanning, and I want to collect the scales that came with the hide, is there anyway I can set up a recipe with crafted items?

Is it possible to do it in the scripts current state?

Stand26

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
finally finished the overhaul on the script. The new version is posted with new screen shots.

You can have multiple crafts now and use more then just items (items, weapons, and armor can be crafted or used as an ingredient).

Lots of small visual changes: Redid the pop up window, lots of styled fonts that you can set to suit your needs.

Updated the exp customizing section so it doesn't take a ton of entries. You just put in a couple of numbers (like on the Class Tab in the Database) and this will set up how much exp is needed for every level. You can set a max level as well (doesn't support levels over 99).

I'll start working on trying to make items consumable for you now unlock3d. I must admit I'm hitting walls on this one, but I have a few more ways I want to try before admitting defeat.

Hey Venska! Loving the script, however I have a problem. Admittedly I am hopeless with scripts so please bear with me. I am trying to use your crafting script for alchemy (and perhaps more if all goes well!) but I am having an error message come up every time I try and use the alchemy station in my game (see attachments). What the heck am I doing wrong, and how the heck do I fix it? XD

Thanks again!

alchemy.JPG

error.JPG

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would guess that you loaded a game instead of starting a new one.

Or you do not have some items set up in the database in your project. The sample settings contain some non-default items (item 18, 19, 20, and so on), and if you do not have those set up in your game, you can get a NoMethod error.

Start a new game, and check your database and the script settings to make sure that all items/weapons/armors are set up in your projects (or just change the settings in the script to use different items).

Stand26

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would guess that you loaded a game instead of starting a new one.

Or you do not have some items set up in the database in your project. The sample settings contain some non-default items (item 18, 19, 20, and so on), and if you do not have those set up in your game, you can get a NoMethod error.

Start a new game, and check your database and the script settings to make sure that all items/weapons/armors are set up in your projects (or just change the settings in the script to use different items).

Hey! Thanks for getting back to me. You were right, it was because I was continuing a game rather than start a new one. Oops! I do have one more question, though and that is; 

Is there a means for me to hide the recipes menu from the main character menu so that I can recall it later in to the game, and is there a way to hide certain profession tabs so that I can only have Blacksmith and Alchemy show up?

Thank you again for your help. I love this script. Its just what I have been looking for!   

EDIT: I have just received this error message (see attachment). What have I done wrong? =/ 

error.JPG

Script.JPG

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You probably messed up the format of one (or more) setting. Seeing that the setting you posted is right, the error is most probably from a setting above that one.

Judging by the error message, you forgot to close a square bracket somewhere, but with these SyntaxErrors, one can never know for sure.

Check for missing or misplaced commas, brackets, and check if you did not use a simple = sign instead of a => sign or vice verse somewhere.

Always double-check your new settings after your edit or addition. Missing commas and brackets are the most common syntax errors around.

The recipe menu can be hidden using a switch. There should be an explanation about this in one of the scripts from this system (either the main one, or an addon).

No idea about hiding specific craft types. I don't remember that this script got that option, but it was a while ago when I last checked it, so I might be wrong. If there is an option for this, there is surely a description of the feature somewhere written in the scripts.

Stand26

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You probably messed up the format of one (or more) setting. Seeing that the setting you posted is right, the error is most probably from a setting above that one.

Judging by the error message, you forgot to close a square bracket somewhere, but with these SyntaxErrors, one can never know for sure.

Check for missing or misplaced commas, brackets, and check if you did not use a simple = sign instead of a => sign or vice verse somewhere.

Always double-check your new settings after your edit or addition. Missing commas and brackets are the most common syntax errors around.

The recipe menu can be hidden using a switch. There should be an explanation about this in one of the scripts from this system (either the main one, or an addon).

No idea about hiding specific craft types. I don't remember that this script got that option, but it was a while ago when I last checked it, so I might be wrong. If there is an option for this, there is surely a description of the feature somewhere written in the scripts.

I think I got it working now. I have also had the idea of changing one of the professions to leatherworker, as well! Thank you for your help.

Lonelywraith

The Storyteller of Woe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey, I'm really loving your script! But I have a problem I don't really know how to solve and I wanted to know if you could help me with it. I guess it's something simple. A few moments after installing it and making a few changes (erasing the recipes leaving a single (and custom) one), I opened the recipes menu and when scrolling to the second "profession", the game crashed and showed me this text:

Script 'Crafting Script v3.8' line 1119: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'tool' for nil:NilClass

Would you aid me with it, please?

vise34

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dear Venka or Sitxh,

WhileI was using the randomizer, I found out that there was a problem with the script, specifically the patch for Vlue's Randomize.

The error is attached below.

Thank you for your attention.

Vinny

error.JPG

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Lonelywraith 

You have to start a new game after installing this script.

And make sure that the tool you are trying to use is set up properly in the database as well.

@vise34

I just checked to be sure, and no error happens for me. Re-check your script configuration, you probably made a wrong setting somewhere.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
which of these scripts is the absolute mimimum for the crafting system to work? including weapons

also. is it possible to pay exp instead of gold for some shop crafts? i want to use this to make a shop that you pay exp for certain useful items

Lonelywraith

The Storyteller of Woe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Lonelywraith 

You have to start a new game after installing this script.

And make sure that the tool you are trying to use is set up properly in the database as well.

Oh! Thank you, but I forgot to mention I could fix it xD. Anyway, thanks again.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally returning to one of my least favorite parts of game deving - mapping.
Me, adding new map: Okay, so this map will be the - wait...Map 501?! O.O E-excuse me?!
So, yup...breaking into the 500's for map count. Some are placeholders for now, since I haven't gotten around to actually mapping them yet. But soon. Very soon...oof, I'm scared.
Did anyone else get a 'sever error' a little while ago on fourms? because I did...
So... today was a friend birthday and she explicitly requested this little scene, otherwise she'll come to my house and shot me with a water gun.

Kinda late to the party but if you're trying to make a game with relatively large roster, my suggestion: be ready for a long, long ride yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucianth