Crafting Script v3.8 - Updated 2/26/2015

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Venka, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Wolfleader2

Wolfleader2 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Nice crafting script but how do I increase the maximum items I can add in script editting section?

2. EddyTaku

EddyTaku Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Hello Guys,

i have a problem with the Forge..

when I'm in forge menu and go down one, comes this error:

i downloaded the mediafire demo...

Can someone help me? Sorry for my bad english^^   

3.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016
  3. Otto

Otto Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Hi :)

I don't know if it's still active, but i wanted to note that the "Include equipped items in total owned items?" feature appears to be bugged: i have set it to true but still the script doesn't count the sword i have equipped.

Also, i wanted to ask if there is a way (maybe with a small edit/addon) to make so that the script only shows items that can be crafted at the moment because you have all the ingredients.

thanks in advance :)

4. NaoAgawa

NaoAgawa Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    I saw some posts from 2016, so I assume it was still ok to ask for help since I can't find anything about the problem on Google.
    At first, everything was OK and I didn't touch anything, exept maybe change some skills and all, but nothing about crafting or items.
    So there's the problem. I got this error when I want to craft Weapons, but crafting Items like Potions work even if it's the same items categories needed to craft both the Weapons and the Potions, so I don't understand. Thanks if you can help!

ErrorScript.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
  5. OtakuAnorack

OtakuAnorack Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish/English
    Is there any way you could do something with bottles like in the legend of zelda? For example, Player has bucket of water and uses it to craft Spaghetti. The bucket of waters gone and all you have is a bucket.

Is this a possibility?

6. OtakuAnorack

OtakuAnorack Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish/English
    Never mind, wrong script. Im sorry.

7. kartacha

kartacha Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It seems like a great script to use. However, I would like to ask some questions about the current state of the script.

Can you make the script accessable through skill so that only one character can use it?

Why would you need to start a new project when you update the version of the script? Does it happen with all the new versions?

8. TheGuyver

TheGuyver Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

A new game, not a new project. It means if you have an older test save file for your game, and you update the script, it won't work. As for the skill calling the script, I don't think believe it works as I couldn't get my character to call it via common event on a skill. It might just be an error on my part though because I have quite a number of other scripts.

9. Ant1989

Ant1989 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    First, Venka, Thank you very much for this script. It is exactly what I was looking for. 

Second, may I ask one question? I had a problem to implement the script, an error appeared , and then I uncovered it happened only on loaded games, new games worked right. 

My question is about what happened after that. On my tests, I decided to add a new recipe and test it in game, but in loaded game, it didn't appeared on the recipes menu, and I sure I set it to auto learn, then I tested on a new game, and it was there, so I made a shop that had it to craft and loaded the game and bingo, the recipe was there but not on my recipes menu, for the last I put an event that teached the recipe, and so it appeared on the recipe menu.

My question is, how do the auto learn works? It runs a test when you begin a game and when you level up, so when I loaded the game, my new recipes weren't there because they weren't checked? Or I simply need to begin a new game after I add recipes to the game?

Again, thank you very much, I am sure this script required many hours of thinking and hard coding. 

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2016
  10. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Ant1989: I haven't seen the creator of this script around in a long time, but as for the first issue you posted, you always have to start a new game when you add a script. It is really rare for a script to work with older saves, just because your saves are now looking for parts in the game that don't exist.

I have no idea on the rest I'm afraid, but hopefully that helps some with the first issue. 

11. Ant1989

Ant1989 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @bgillisp Thanks, it may not help with this script specifically, but it sure can help with others scripts I want to put. 

12. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Autolearn does NOT work retrospectively - once the required level is reached, they will be learned, but autolearn recipes for that level (or for lower levels) will NOT be automatically added for newly added recipes, instead they will be learned on the next level up (at least I think; if not, than they won't be learned at all).

This is the same for actor level and craft level based recipes as well.

I haven't looked at the code for a very long time by now, so I can't be sure, but this is how I remember it.

Well, do a level up and check if the new recipes appear or not, that will tell if my memory is still functional. :D

13. Ant1989

Ant1989 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Sixth Thanks, I will try.

14. Ziel

Ziel Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello !

Thanks for that awesome scripts I am having a blast designing the recipes and all the ingredients the players will have to find or craft in order to do some crafts.

I have a very weird bug tho. Even if I delete every single entry I have made by myself in the recipe I still have 3 armors (ID 24, 25, 26) in my Alchemy (ID 2).

Those are the armors you are using in your demo. But they are still present in my list when im opening the scene for my Alchemy job. 

I have copy/paste your scripts from your demo to my project before doing any changes. It's like you have hard-coded some entries in the recipe section that I can't get rid of.

Secondly, there's seem to be a refreshing problems also. When I change informations about the ingredients for a specific item, then I relaunch the game in dev mob, and nothing changes...

Some really strange behaviors. I would really appreciate if anybody would have an idea on what to do. I am ready to procure further informations on the matter.

#===============================================================================
    # Crafting Script Customize Settings - v3.8                 updated: 10/27/2014
    #===============================================================================
    # - Introduction -
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #  A script that allows the player to craft items. There's a menu to help the 
    #  player keep track of their recipes and items needed to make their items.
    #  You can have multiple crafts (Cooking, Smithing, Alchemy, etc). Each craft
    #  has it's own exp, levels and recipes.
    #  
    #  You can set up a gauge that shows progress on crafting an item (you can turn 
    #  the gauge off, make it a progress bar or set it as an interactive gauge). 
    #  The interactive gauge will change colors when you can claim an item. If you 
    #  press enter when the color changes, then you successfully craft the item. If 
    #  you do it before the change then you consume the ingredients and make 
    #  nothing (with the option of still earning some exp). If you try to claim the 
    #  item after the gauge's color changes back to it's original color, then you 
    #  have waited too long and you can receive a failed item (and the option of 
    #  some exp).
    #
    #  For example, if you're cooking and you cook for too long then you could 
    #  receive a burnt item.
    #  
    #  You can also make items that you can carry in the player's inventory that 
    #  allows them to craft wherever they go. I used a Mortar and Pestle in the
    #  demo for Alchemy.
    #
    # - Instructions -
    #  This script is not plug and play since the database has been adjusted to 
    #  show off what this script can do.
    #  
    #  Place this script below Materials, but above Main. If you are using this 
    #  script with modern algebra's Icon Hues, then put this script below that one.
    #  
    # - Item/Weapon/Armor Note Tags -
    #  Use the following note tag in any item, weapon, or armor that you don't 
    #  want consumed when crafting. The item should be listed in the recipe's 
    #  required ingredients.
    #     <tool>
    #  
    # - Script Calls -
    # To call the scene use:
    #   craft(craft_id)
    #      craft_id = This is the ID set for the craft at Craft_Info
    #
    #    EXAMPLE: craft(1)
    #      This would call the Craft_Info at ID 1, which is "Cooking". So the 
    #      windows would open and show recipes and info for Cooking.
    #  
    # To teach the player a new recipe use:
    #   learn_recipe(recipe_id)
    #      recipe_id is the ID in Recipes.
    #
    #    EXAMPLE: learn_recipe(1)
    #      This would call the recipe that matches Recipes[1]. Which is the 
    #      Loaf of Bread recipe for cooking. So it will show when the cook book 
    #      is open, but not any other craft books.
    #  
    # To delete a recipe use:
    #   forget_recipe(recipe_id)
    #      recipe_id is the ID in Recipes.
    #      NOTE: It's the same as learn_recipe but it removes the recipe.
    #
    # To check the current crafting level:
    #   $craft[craft_id].level                   - player's level
    #   $craft[craft_id].exp                     - player's total craft exp
    #   $craft[craft_id].change_level(level)     - grant or loose levels
    #      level = the levels you want to add or loose.
    #   $craft[craft_id].set_level(level)        - change to a specific level
    #      level = the levels you want to set the craft to.
    #   recipe_learned?(recipe_id)               - checks if recipe is learned
    #      You'd want to use this in a conditional branch to see if a skill is 
    #      learned. You do NOT need to use this to prevent from learning a recipe
    #      twice (you can only ever learn a recipe once).
    #
    #   EXAMPLES: $craft[2].level      - Checks the Smithing Level
    #             $craft[3].exp        - Checks the total exp earned for Alchemy
    #             $craft[1].change_level(3)     - Would grant 3 levels to Cooking
    #                NOTE: You can use negative numbers to loose levels.
    #             $craft[1].change_level(-1)    - Would loose 1 level to Cooking
    #             $craft[3].set_level(8)        - Would set alchemy to level 8
    #
    #==============================================================================
    $imported = {} unless $imported
    $imported[:Venka_Crafting] = true
    # ■ Venka Module
    module Venka; module Crafting
      #=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      # - General Settings -
      Window_Opacity     = 255      # Window's over all opacity. Number 0 - 255
      Window_BGOpacity   = 180      # Window's background opacity (default 192)
      Auto_Learn         = true     # Automatically learn recipes when leveling
      Gold_Icon          = 1490      # Icon Index used for Gold Coins
      Gold_Text          = "Gold"   # Text used to represent currency
      Gold_Hue           = 0        # Icon Hue (if using modern alegbra's Icon Hues)
      Use_Line_Dividers  = true     # Toggle the display of line separators
      Failure_Exp_Rate   = 0.2     # Exp received when failed. Ex 0.25 is 25%
      Include_Equipment  = true     # Include equipped items in total owned items?
      Use_Craft_Exp      = true     # Use craft exp and levels true/false
      # - Craft Time Settings - 
      #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # This effects how the timer gauge will function. It can be :active, :timer,
      # or :none. 
      #   :active - The player must try to hit the action key while the gauge is 
      #             green to get a successfully crafted item. Too soon or too late 
      #             will result in failed items.
      #   :timer  - This will be a bar to show progress made. The time on the bar 
      #             will be set to the craft_time for the recipe. There are no 
      #             failure items or key presses.. it's just a progress bar.
      #   :none   - Skip the gauge all togeather, instantly craft the item.
      Timer_Type = :active         # Set to :active, :timer, or :none
      Crafting_Time_Max  = 800     # Max craft time (total time)
      Crafting_Buffer    = 20      # Buffer to activated timer (window for claiming)
      Default_Craft_Time = 500     # Default craft time (when to claim item)
      Time_Variance      = 130     # Variance to craft time, set to 0 to disable
      Accelerate_Time    = true    # Craft time gets faster as you out level them
      # This is the rate to speed up craft time. This should be between 0.1 and 0.9
      Accelerate_Rate    = 0.8     # The lower the number, the faster it speeds up.
      # - Craft Stack Settings -
      # This is where you can set out if you want the player to be able to craft 
      # stacks of items. If you have the Timer_Type set to :none, then all other 
      # settings that effect the timers won't matter.
      Craft_Stacks = true        # Set to true to allow crafting of stacks of items
      # - Recipe List Sort Setting - 
      # You can set how the list will sort. You can sort it by required crafting 
      # level, alphabetically by the item's name that is crafted, or the default 
      # method of showing them in the order they were created.
      # If there is a typo in the choice setting, the it defaults to :default
      Sort_Type = :level      # choices are :level, :alphabet, or :default
      # - Gauge Color Settings - 
      # You can use window skin color code by simply putting the number (0 - 31) 
      # OR use RBG Colors by putting (red, blue, green, opacity) 0 - 255 each.
      #    Examples:    Exp_Gauge_Color1 = 27
      #                 Exp_Gauge_Color1 = [10, 100, 215, 100]
      Exp_Gauge_Color1   = [110,   0, 215, 200]   # Left side of the exp gauge
      Exp_Gauge_Color2   = [180, 150, 255, 230]   # Right side of the exp gauge
      Craft_Gauge_Color1 = 10                     # Left side of the crafting gauge
      Craft_Gauge_Color2 = 21                     # Right side of the crafting gauge
      Claim_Gauge_Color1 = [ 25, 100,   0, 255]   # Left side of the claim gauge
      Claim_Gauge_Color2 = [  0, 255,   0, 240]   # Right side of the claim gauge
      # - Sound Settings -
      # The file should be one found in the SE folder. Volume is 1 - 100
      # Pitch can be 50 - 200
      # Use this format: [ "FileName", Volume, Pitch ]
      Start_Scene      = ["Book1", 80, 100]            # Sound on book open
      Success_Sound    = ["Item1", 80, 75]             # Crafted successfully
      Premature_Sound  = ["Disappointment", 80, 100]   # Crafted too soon
      Failure_Sound    = ["Disappointment", 80, 100]   # Crafted too late
      Level_Up_Sound   = ["Sound2", 80, 100]           # Gained crafting level
      # - Text Settings -
      Craft_Button_Text = "Craft"        # What the begin crafting button displays
      Directions_Msg    = "Press 'Enter' when the bar is green" # Instructions Text
      Possessed_Text    = "Currently Owned:"                    # Total Owned Text
      Ingredients_Text  = "Ingredients"                        # Ingredients Text
      Needed_Owned_Text = "Need/Have"                           # Needed/Owned Text
      Level_Text = "LvL:"                                       # Level Text
      EXP_Text   = "Exp"                                        # Exp Text
      # - Results Pop-up Window Settings -
      Pop_up_Window    = true     # Use the pop up window
      Result_Opacity   = 255      # Result window's over all opacity. Number 0 - 255
      Result_BGOpacity = 215      # Result window's background opacity (default 192)
      Results_Text = "Results"    # Text shown at the top of the Results Window
      Failed_Msg = "You have failed at creating this item."   # Fail message
      Result_Msg = "You crafted:"                             # Success Message
      Lv_Gain    = "Leveled Up!!"                             # Level up message
      Exp_Earned = "Exp earned:"                              # Exp Earned message
      Max_Exp    = "Maxed Out!"                               # Message for max exp
      Learn_Text = "Learned:"                                 # Learned prefix
      # - Font Settings -
      # :title_text   = the text craft's name in the Title Window.
      # :recipe_name  = the recipe's name at the top of the detail window
      # :recipe_list  = font used in the recipe list window
      # :header_text  = the "Ingredients: Needed/Owned" line in the detail window
      # :description  = the crafted item's description text.
      # :help_text    = the text that appears when crafting an item.
      # :other_text   = all other text
      # :button_text  = the Create/Cancel Buttons test
      # 
      # For each text type you need to set up the Fonts, Size, Boldness and Color.
      # Use the following format:
      #   [["Font_Name, Font_Name, etc], Font_Size, Bold?, Color]],
      #      Font_Name = an array holding font choices. The fist one is your first 
      #         choice to use, but if the player doesn't have that font on their 
      #         computer, it will go through the list until it finds one it can use
      #      Font_Size = the size font you want to use
      #      Bold? = this should be true for bold, false to turn bold off
      #      Color = This is the same format as setting colors for Gauge Color.
      #         Use [red, blue, green, opacity] or window skin color number.
      Line_Color = 1 # Color used for divider lines
      Fonts = {       # [["Fonts"]],           Size, Bold?, Color
    :title_text  => [["Calibri", "Verdana"], 23, true,  0],
    :recipe_name => [["Calibri", "Verdana"], 24, true,  0],
    :recipe_list => [["Calibri", "Verdana"], 22, true,  0],
    :header_text => [["Calibri", "Verdana"], 23, true,  1],
    :description => [["Calibri", "Verdana"], 20, false, [255, 255, 255, 200]],
    :help_text   => [["Calibri", "Verdana"], 20, false, 17],
    :other_text  => [["Calibri", "Verdana"], 20, false, 0],
    :button_text => [["Calibri", "Verdana"], 23, true, [0, 255, 0, 200]],
        } # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Craft_Info ||= {} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      # - Craft_Info Settings -
      #  Craft_Info[ID] => {                          # ID must be a unique number
      #      :craft_name    => "Title",               # The name of the craft
      #          "Title" will be the name of the craft
      #      :craft_time    => n,                     # n would be the craft time
      #          You can set the default craft time of items by their craft type.
      #          This option can be omitted. If you do use this option, it will 
      #          overwrite the Default_Craft_Time set above for this craft type.
      #      :buffer_time   => n,                     # n would be the buffer time
      #          You can set the default buffer time of items by their craft type.
      #          The buffer time is the window of opportunity when you can craft 
      #          an item when using the :active crafting Timer_Type. You can omit 
      #          this setting and it will use the Crafting_Buffer time.
      #      :exp_table     => [A, B, C, D],          # Exp Curve
      #          A is the base exp needed (this number can be 10 or higher)
      #          B is the exp tacked on to each level (this can be 0 or higher)
      #          C is a curve that effects all levels (must be 10 or higher)
      #          D is another curve that effects high levels mostly (must be 10+)
      #          NOTE: This functions exactly like class exp in the database
      #      :max_level     => x,                     # Max Craft Level
      #          x is the maximum level for the craft (1-99)
      #      :mastered      => "Text",                # Title seen at Max Level
      #          "Text" is text shown when the exp gauge for the craft is maxed out
      #      :bg_image      => "File_Name",           # Background image for scene
      #          "File_Name" is file found Graphics/Titles1 or Graphics/Picture.
      #          Use nil to omit this option.
      #      :bg_music      => "File_Name",           # Background music for scene
      #          "File_Name" is file found Audio/BGM. Use nil to omit
      #      :active_sound  => ["File_Name", Volume, Pitch],  # Sound while crafting
      #          For this one, it will check in the Audio/BGS folder first if it 
      #          doesn't find the file, then it'll check in Audio/SE. If the file 
      #          is a SE (sound effect) it will play ever 2 seconds. Can be omitted.
      Craft_Info[1] = {  
        :craft_name    => "Cooking",
        :craft_time    => 30,
        :buffer_time   => 90,
        :exp_table     => [ 10, 5, 12, 20],
        :max_level     => 10,
        :mastered      => "Master Chef",
        :bg_image      => "Book",
        :bg_music      => nil,
        :active_sound  => ["Fire", 85, 100],
        } # <-DO NOT REMOVE

Craft_Info[2] = {  
        :craft_name    => "Alchemy",
        :exp_table     => [ 10, 5, 12, 20],
        :max_level     => 10,
        :mastered      => "Mad Scientist",
        :bg_image      => "bg-Alchemy",
        :active_sound  => ["Drips", 85, 100],
        } # <-DO NOT REMOVE

Craft_Info[3] = {  
        :craft_name    => "Herbalism",
        :exp_table     => [ 10, 0, 10, 10],
        :max_level     => 20,
        :mastered      => "Nature Lover",
        :bg_image      => "bg-Herbalism",
        } # <-DO NOT REMOVE

Craft_Info[4] = { 
        :craft_name    => "Fishing",
        :exp_table     => [ 10, 0, 10, 10],
        :max_level     => 20,
        :mastered      => "Master Angler",
        :bg_image      => "bg-Fishing",
        } # <-DO NOT REMOVE

# - Recipe Settings -
      # To create a recipe you will need to fill out the information below. Most of 
      # these entries are optional. The only ones that MUST be defined are the ID, 
      # :recipe_type, :crafted_item and :ingredients. The id is requred so the 
      # script can find the recipe. The :recipe_type is so it know which crafting 
      # category it belongs to. The :crafted_item is what it will produce (failed 
      # and prefailed items are optional). And lastly, you will need to set up 
      # atleast one required item to craft in :ingredients. It can be an item, gold, 
      # weapons or armor or any combo of these items. There are 10 recipes set up 
      # in the demo that should demonstrate the various things you can do.
      # 
      # Recipe[ID] => {      The ID must be a unique number.
      #   :recipe_type  => x,
      #         x = the Craft_Info ID this recipe belongs to.
      #             If it was 1 then it'd be a cooking recipe, 2 is blacksmith, etc
      #   :auto_learn    => false,
      #         This can be omitted. This option only works if Auto_Learn = true
      #         You'll set this option to false if you want this recipe to be 
      #         learned from a special source (like a NPC, quest, boss kill, etc).
      #   :req_level    => y
      #         y = the crafting level needed to make the recipe
      #   :display_name => "text"
      #         text is the text that will appear in place of the crafted item's 
      #         name. The crafted items icon will still show.
      #   :shop_fee => n,         # The cost to craft the recipe at a shop keeper
      #         n = a number in gold pieces. This only matters if using the Shop
      #             Craft & Decompile Add on script.
      #   :craft_time   => t,
      #         t = time in frames (60 frames = 1 second). This is the time when 
      #             the recipe can claim success. Before the time results in lost
      #             ingredients and no item. After this time results in lost
      #             ingredients and a failed attempt item is granted.
      #         NOTE: You can omit this one to use the Default_Craft_Time above
      #   :earned_exp   => exp,
      #         exp = the amount of exp received on successful crafting of the item
      #   :crafted_item => [:Type/Item_ID, Amount],
      #   :failed_item  => [:Type/Item_ID, Amount], # Item made if crafted too late
      #   :pre_failed   => [:Type/Item_ID, Amount], # Item made if crafted too soon
      #   :ingredients  => [[:Type/ItemID, Amount], [:Type/ItemID, Amount], ... ]
      #         Type = i for Items
      #                a for Armor
      #                w for Weapons
      #                g for Gold
      #         Item_ID = item's id in the database
      #         Amount  = the amount of items to reward
      # 
      # NOTE: :ingredients can have multiple entries. The following entries can be
      #     omitted - :failed_item, :pre_failed, and :craft_time
      Recipes ||= {}
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # - Custom Recipes Start Here -
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Recipes[1] = {     # Sunny Side Up
        :recipe_type  => 1,            # 1 cook 2 alchemy 3 herbo 4 fishing
        :auto_learn   => true,        
        :req_level    => 1,            
        :shop_fee     => 10,           # Fee charged if crafted at a shop
        :craft_time   => 180,          # Time it takes to make the item
        :earned_exp   => 3,            # Exp gained on success
        :crafted_item => [:i116, 1],    # Makes 2x Loaf of Bread
        :failed_item  => [:i135, 1],    # 1x Carbonized Food
        #:pre_failed   => [:i19, 1],    # Failed item if crafted before timer
        :ingredients  => [ # 2x Eggs,  1x Olive Oil,   1x Cow Milk, 5 Gold
                         [:i101, 2], [:i102, 1], [:i103, 1], [:g4],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Recipes[2] = {     # Chocolate
        :recipe_type  => 1,          # 1 cook 2 alchemy 3 herbo 4 fishing
        :auto_learn   => true,      
        :req_level    => 4,          # Level required to use this recipe
        :craft_time   => 250,        # Time it takes to make the item
        :earned_exp   => 5,          # Exp gained on success
        :crafted_item => [:i118, 1],  # Successful craft
        :pre_failed   => [:i134, 1],    # Uncooked Slime
        :ingredients  => [
                         [:i117, 3], [:i103, 1], [:g6],
      ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Recipes[3] = {     # Chocolate Cake
        :recipe_type  => 1,             # 1 cook 2 alchemy 3 herbo 4 fishing
        :auto_learn   => false,         # Auto-learn this recipe
        :req_level    => 5,            # Level required to use this recipe
        :shop_fee     => 20,           # Fee charged if crafted at a shop
        :craft_time   => 240,          # Time it takes to make the item
        :earned_exp   => 8,            # Exp gained on success
        :crafted_item => [:i119, 1],    # Successful craft
        :pre_failed   => [:i134, 1],    # Uncooked Slime
                         [:i100,2],[:i137,3],[:i103,1],[:i118,3],[:g12],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Recipes[4] = {     # Bread
        :auto_learn   => true,         # Auto-learn this recipe
        :req_level    => 2,            # Level required to use this recipe
        :craft_time   => 200,          # Time it takes to make the item
        :earned_exp   => 4,            # Exp gained on success
        :crafted_item => [:i119, 1],    # Successful craft
        :pre_failed   => [:i134, 1],    # 1x Uncooked Slime
                         [:i100, 2], [:i102, 1],[:i137, 1],[:i103, 1], [:g3],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
     Recipes[5] = {     # Club Sandwich
        :req_level    => 3,            # Level required to use this recipe
        :shop_fee     => 12,           # Fee charged if crafted at a shop
        :craft_time   => 130,          # Time it takes to make the item
        :earned_exp   => 5,            # Exp gained on success
        :crafted_item => [:i121, 1],    # Successful craft
        #:failed_item  => [:i135, 1],    # 1x Carbonized Food
        #:pre_failed   => [:i134, 1],    # 1x Uncooked Slime
                         [:i120, 2], [:i112, 1], [:i107, 1], [:g4],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Recipes[6] = {     # Beef Mix
        :req_level    => 6,            # Level required to use this recipe
        :shop_fee     => 22,           # Fee charged if crafted at a shop
        :craft_time   => 220,          # Time it takes to make the item
        :earned_exp   => 14,            # Exp gained on success
        :crafted_item => [:i122, 1],    # Successful craft
        :pre_failed   => [:i133, 1],    # 1x Disgusting Mix
                         [:i105, 2],[:i123,1],[:i136,3],[:i110,1],[:g15],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Recipes[7] = {     # Vegetables Soup
        :req_level    => 4,            # Level required to use this recipe
        :craft_time   => 150,          # Time it takes to make the item
        :earned_exp   => 6,            # Exp gained on success
        :crafted_item => [:i123, 1],    # Successful craft
                         [:i102, 2],[:i109,2],[:i110,1],[:i136,2],[:i113,1],[:g6],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Recipes[8] = {     # Red Wine
        :shop_fee     => 42,           # Fee charged if crafted at a shop
        :craft_time   => 260,          # Time it takes to make the item
        :earned_exp   => 11,            # Exp gained on success
        :crafted_item => [:i124, 1],    # Successful craft
                         [:i108, 4],[:i137, 1],[:g18],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Recipes[9] = {     # Rice Bowl
        :req_level    => 5,            # Level required to use this recipe
        :craft_time   => 120,          # Time it takes to make the item
        :earned_exp   => 7,            # Exp gained on success
        :crafted_item => [:i125, 1],    # Successful craft
        :pre_failed   => [:i134, 1],    # 1x Uncooked slime
                         [:i104, 2],[:g3],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Recipes[10] = {     # Chicken Dish
        :shop_fee     => 19,           # Fee charged if crafted at a shop
        :craft_time   => 190,          # Time it takes to make the item
        :earned_exp   => 13,            # Exp gained on success
        :crafted_item => [:i126, 1],    # Successful craft
                         [:i106, 2],[:i102, 2],[:i125,1],[:i111,1],[:g13],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Recipes[11] = {     # Gyoza
        :req_level    => 7,             # Level required to use this recipe
        :shop_fee     => 23,            # Fee charged if crafted at a shop
        :craft_time   => 220,           # Time it takes to make the item
        :earned_exp   => 20,            # Exp gained on success
        :crafted_item => [:i127, 1],    # Successful craft
                         [:i100, 3],[:i125, 2],[:i105,1],[:i131,2],[:g16],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Recipes[12] = {     # Sushi
        :req_level    => 8,             # Level required to use this recipe
        :shop_fee     => 41,            # Fee charged if crafted at a shop
        :craft_time   => 250,           # Time it takes to make the item
        :earned_exp   => 24,            # Exp gained on success
        :crafted_item => [:i128, 1],    # Successful craft
        #:pre_failed   => [:i134, 1],    # 1x Uncooked slime
                         [:i125, 4],[:i148, 2],[:i224,1],[:i225,2],[:g19],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Recipes[13] = {     # Pho
        :req_level    => 9,             # Level required to use this recipe
        :shop_fee     => 42,            # Fee charged if crafted at a shop
        :craft_time   => 200,           # Time it takes to make the item
        :earned_exp   => 30,            # Exp gained on success
        :crafted_item => [:i129, 1],    # Successful craft
        :failed_item  => [:i133, 1],    # 1x Disgusting Mix
        #:pre_failed   => [:i134, 1],    # 1x Uncooked slime
                         [:i123, 2],[:i122, 2],[:i113,1],[:i111,1],[:i145,2],[:i146,2],[:g22],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Recipes[14] = {     # Fish Soup [Anchovy]
        :req_level    => 5,             # Level required to use this recipe
        :display_name => "Anchovy Soup",
        :shop_fee     => 20,            # Fee charged if crafted at a shop
        :craft_time   => 180,           # Time it takes to make the item
        :crafted_item => [:i130, 1],    # Successful craft
                         [:i216, 3],[:i102, 1],[:i124,1],[:i149,1],[:g12],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
      Recipes[15] = {     # Fish Soup [Mackerel]
        :req_level    => 5,             # Level required to use this recipe
        :display_name => "Mackerel Soup",
        :shop_fee     => 20,            # Fee charged if crafted at a shop
        :craft_time   => 180,           # Time it takes to make the item
        :crafted_item => [:i130, 1],    # Successful craft
                         [:i218, 3],[:i102, 1],[:i124,1],[:i149,1],[:g12],
        ]} # <- DO NOT REMOVE
    # ■ Notetag settings. Skip edits here unless you know what you're doing
    end; end
    module Venka::Notetag
      Tool = /<(?:TOOL|tool)>/i
    end

EDIT: Jesus i've looked everywhere, maybe not precisely enough. There are entry for demo purpose in the 'Crafting Difficulty Settings' you need to erase other wise they appears... Also coded the same item to be crafted on two different recipes... Learn from me kids. Look at your code 5 times to be sure.... *killme*

Thanks

Ziel 

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2016
    Uranium likes this.
  15. Uranium

Uranium Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello all,

I downlaoded Venka's Crafting Script v3.8 from rpgmakerweb.com

I have a question regarding the inital demo.  I am trying to figure out where the recipe or script causeing to auto-learn the items; "Iron Plate "Mithril Plate" and "Dargon Plate" is... ID 23,24,25   Almsot seems like they are soded seperatly from the Custom Recipe section.
    I know how to create a new recipe, and set it to auto-learn and evertyhign within "Crafting Customization Section" script and I found the other recipes that the demo give you intially in but I cannot find the three I mentioned above.. 

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2017
  16. Ziel

Ziel Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Uranium, seems like you have not looked at my last message, right before yours. :)

There's your answer in the bolded EDIT section. I had exactly the same problem. Hope it'll help you , because Venka made an awesome job with this plugin :D

17. Sakurahan01

Sakurahan01 Sakurahan Veteran

First Language:
    English
    In the future will there be a way to exit the crafting menu but still have the item crafting in the background? I love the menu Idea but it would become tedious to have to sit at the menu waiting for the bar to go green. Maybe once the player gets to a high enough level in the recipe they can exit the menu the item will still craft in the background but it will have a percentage number or a mini bar showing how much time is left in the crafting. if the timer reaches 100% it will chime then it is done and you will get your item but if the item has not been taken out it will burn or become unusable or just give you a lower quality item. This little add-on would be cool because then the player can go off and explore or gather items and won't have to worry about their crafting.  It would also be cool if the player could craft multiple things at once with this type of system. For example; you can make both Bread and soup at the same time. Bread would finish faster and the soup would still cook. there could be a max number of crafting area for the player to use and the recipes could require a number of crafting spaces for example; Soup could require 3 crafting spaces and Fruit punch could require 1. The player won't be able to craft an Item if that items space value exceeds the number of spaces left to craft on unless they upgrade there crafting table or replace it with a new one.  

The crafting could process throughout time changes. ( if you have an item that would take 12h to make and your player goes to sleep then the next day it will be done) Or the player could put their crafting on Hold which would stop its crafting process but will make the remaining time take longer. 

*I'm putting this suggestion here for anyone who happens to be using a time system script like *Advanced Game Time + Night/Day* and would like to set how many days it would take for there item to craft and could manage their crafting times*

I would really love to see this type of system made, it would wonderful if I could have this type of crafting system within my game. I am currently making a cooking tycoon game. It's inspired by the Sims 3, Cooking tycoon games such as Cooking dash, and the RPG maker game "Life in Mini town" 

18. Ant1989

Ant1989 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    In the craft shop add on, is it possible to make the scene without the Deconstruct option?

19. slickdeath97

slickdeath97 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Screenshot_1.png i am having a problem, i added the script to my project and when i try to open my game to test it this happens. Any help would be appreciated.

20. Ant1989

Ant1989 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    New scripts mean new games, or there is a great chance to crash. Did you change anything in the script (editted your recipes)? if not, it's probably that you need a new game.