I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey game makers,

Since I was doing some resources trying to find 'Crafting' plugins/system for my project, I fighter I will share it with anyone who looking for a 'crafting' system and wants to see all the options in one place.
I will be updating this thread in the future if I found more working options available. also if you know about a crafting plugin/system I missed, please let me know in the comments and I will add it as well.

If this post helps you make sure to press the 'Like' button and share it with your friends.

- YEP_ItemSynthesis -
Poss:
Great functions, a lot more customizations, easy to set up.

- MrTS_Crafting.js (+ Demo) -
Poss:
Great functions, a nicer craft menu look,
Cons: The 'Help' section is a mess! (Tip: make sure to scroll right ;))

- Item Craft (BY YoraeRasante) [Direct] -
This plugin made as a combination of Yanfly's and MrTrivel's (above). Its main differences are the disciplines from MrTrivel, more than one recipe for the same item, and being able to use Yanfly's independent items into the ingredients, something even Yanfly himself didn't add to his yet.

- CGMV Crafting - [Site] [Direct] [Demo]

Features

• Adds a crafting system to your game
  • Ability to restrict the crafting scene to only show certain recipes (e.g. all cooking recipes but no blacksmith recipes)
  • Use tools and ingredients to produce products or waste products if the craft fails
  • Discover new recipes via events or by the player using an item in game
  • Extends the functionality of CGMV Professions

- Daimonious Tails_recipe crafting - [Direct Plugin] [Direct Demo]
Poss:
Great functions, very easy to set up (make sure to create a 'Recip.txt' file in your 'Data' folder, or just copy post one from the 'demo').

- Szyu's_Crafting System -
Poss:
Simple crafting system to craft items, weapons, and armors.
Cons: Some people have problems making it work, unfatherly the creator of this plugin not respond anymore (Tip: Try it on a new project first).

- Szyu's_Crafting System (Last version 1.2)-

- NIA_SimpleCrafting.js - (I didn't check this one yet)
Poss:
Simple crafting system to craft items, weapons, and armors.

- SimpleCrafting (by Reedo) - [Github] [Direct]

Description:

This plugin provide a simple, event-based crafting system. Crafting is performed through events which use simple plugin commands to interact with the crafting system. The crafting system can exchange variables and set switches to make eventing a breeze. You can also use new slash commands in text messages to display information about the crafting session. This allows you to implement any kind of crafting interface you choose through events or other plugins.

Note: This is for those who have some exprinace with events and vairables, persntly I will use other plugin, but this might give for some of you more freedam since you have control using varibles.

- Crafting System by Ramza - (Paid plugin!)
(This is a paid plugin, I found it with more function then all the above so I put it here In case someone needs those extra options)

*** Please Take a second and click on the 'like' button. Also If you know any plugin/way I didn't mention here feel free to comment below and after checking it I will add it to the list.

Happy 'crafting'!

TGA

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I go with vlue's (Diamonious Tails), it works smooth and nice.
yanfly on the other hand is also nice, specailly while you have more customizations.

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I go with vlue's (Diamonious Tails), it works smooth and nice.
yanfly on the other hand is also nice, specailly while you have more customizations.

Thanks for the replay, I finally have time to check the 'Daimonious Tails' system, as you said this system has great functions and is very easy to set up.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
each have their own personal reasons, Ramza is a good one as well, (from the look of it)
yanfly had no exp bar to level up I think, but you can rather learn it.

if you want to craft alot to level up for the requirement, its nice, but if you dont craft,
but later while it is a must for a level 5, it can be painfull though.

some event it their way, but vlue is my favorite so far, than yanfly.
while yanfly is my favorite for the customisation while at vlue is missing that.

no idea if you can combine them for a better one though.
it need to fit the games story.

I think CGMV had also a crafting plugin made, but couldn't test that one as well.
but its in beta, so noone have acces to it, unless you are a patereon for now.
I dont know if it becomes free or paid either. (but I keep my eyes on it for a while,
because it can work with his achievement system (which is my personal best out there)

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think CGMV had also a crafting plugin made, but couldn't test that one as well.
but its in beta, so noone have acces to it, unless you are a patereon for now.
I dont know if it becomes free or paid either. (but I keep my eyes on it for a while,
because it can work with his achievement system (which is my personal best out there)

I will defiantly be going to keep eye on CGMV plugin, thanks for sharing.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
General Game Dev Discussion isn't the right board for a topic like this - anything discussed on that board should be applicable to all game-making engines. We don't have a perfect for this topic, but the mod consensus is MV Support (since it's discussing things you can do with RPGM MV). As such...

I'm moving this topic to MV Support.

Since this is more of a discussion/collaboration topic, we'll be a little more lenient than usual about off-topic and necroposts for this thread.

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also used this plugin in one of my projects. The plugin was great in past.
But this web page has been deleted and this plugin is not available now.

Hey manofrain, when are you saying " this plugin is not available now" what do you mean? Do you mean the plugin not working in the engine?

- I checked again and it seems like the plugin link on the website still working.

- Also, the plugin works fine for me, I test it in the newest mv version (1.6.1), more than that I test it in my own coming game the have many other plugins and is still work... so I'm not sure what you mean.

The 'demo itself is not working because 'missing files', try to add the plugin to a new project + copy the events from the 'demo' (or just write the commend crafting call Blacksmith) and it should work.

I added a Direct download link for you including the Plugin and the Demo (maybe the dev site not available in your area for some reason?).

Please let me know if one of the options above works for you.

Last edited:

manofrain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I added a Direct download link for you including the Plugin and the Demo (maybe the dev site not available in your area for some reason?).
Thanks for the links.
I do not know what happened. Perhaps some regional restrictions. But I with great difficulty got access to the site through a proxy server only. And even the TorBrowser does not work with this site through output nodes from completely different countries. And web.archive.org made the last copy of this page only on 19 October of last year.
http://daimonioustails.weebly.com/recipe-crafting-mv.html

Last edited:

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the links.
I do not know what happened. Perhaps some regional restrictions. But I with great difficulty got access to the site through a proxy server only. And even the TorBrowser does not work with this site through output nodes from completely different countries. And web.archive.org made the last copy of this page only on 19 October of last year.
http://daimonioustails.weebly.com/recipe-crafting-mv.html

It is possible the reason was the different contrary, especially if the site not active (I opened the link you added again without any problem or alarm), also I see now this site does not protect with 'SSL', maybe that why your PC protect you from opening it. Thanks for letting me know, I will need to add a direct link for other plugins who are not on this forum.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to find a crafting plugin that allows the use of independent items (from YEP_ItemCore) as ingredients. YEP_ItemSynthesis explicitly states it ignores independent items in its recipes, so I need to find an alternative. Or is this impossible since independent items have their own ID? Unless recipes can use item names instead of ID...

Do any of the crafting plugins listed above allow for this?

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to find a crafting plugin that allows the use of independent items (from YEP_ItemCore) as ingredients. YEP_ItemSynthesis explicitly states it ignores independent items in its recipes, so I need to find an alternative. Or is this impossible since independent items have their own ID? Unless recipes can use item names instead of ID...

Do any of the crafting plugins listed above allow for this?
From what I know, Crafting System by Ramza defensibly includes this option, since it's built to work with YEP_item core, however, this is a paid plugin.

For the other plugins above, I only know they do not have any 'errors' when using them with 'YEP_Item cor', I'm not sure if they can call independent items to specify create with YEP_ItemCore.

In both Daimonious Tails_recipe crafting and MrTS_Crafting you can create a receipt for specific items using their 'name', you might be able to call independent items from YEP_Item core as well using names, however, I didn't test it myself. I hop that's help.

Last edited:

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I personally like the one from YoraeRasante. I just like the look of the crafting menu and the simple recipe notetags, that I'm familiar of from Yanfly's plugin. Something I don't need, but comes in addition, is it allows independent items to be used in the recipes.

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I personally like the one from YoraeRasante. I just like the look of the crafting menu and the simple recipe notetags, that I'm familiar of from Yanfly's plugin. Something I don't need, but comes in addition, is it allows independent items to be used in the recipes.
Thank you BurningOrca! I was actually looking around for this type of combo crafting system (Yanfly's and MrTrivel's) for my own project, so this very helpful :) I will test/add it to the list as soon as I can.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheGameAfter CGMV crafting, I test out the demo, crafting is made in the params,
it might be a bit complicated, but teh looks are very nice, I need to see how it's exacly
works, but there is also a timer when a recipe is done, leveling crafting and more.

I dont know if you can make multiple categories in it (like blacksmith, alchemy, cooking etc)
while in the demo is cooking, but need to test it a bit more, buts its available :)

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheGameAfter CGMV crafting, I test out the demo, crafting is made in the params,
it might be a bit complicated, but teh looks are very nice, I need to see how it's exacly
works, but there is also a timer when a recipe is done, leveling crafting and more.

I dont know if you can make multiple categories in it (like blacksmith, alchemy, cooking etc)
while in the demo is cooking, but need to test it a bit more, buts its available :)
Nice! thank you for letting me know, I was surprised/happy to see he give access to the demo to anyone this time (maybe it's because MZ out?), anyway the feuter you emanation sounds useful, and yes we should check if it's a way to add multiple categories as well, I don't think he will forget something like that don't, I will try to check it myself when I have time and update the list. thanks again.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheGameAfter I found another crafting plugin (maybe old one (2016), but hopefully
still works, no idea how it exacly works, but it seems a bit of eventing needed.

forum here, plugin download here. dont forget the cgmv one as well :)

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheGameAfter I found another crafting plugin (maybe old one (2016), but hopefully
still works, no idea how it exacly works, but it seems a bit of eventing needed.

forum here, plugin download here. dont forget the cgmv one as well :)
Thanks for the info, I just added both. The last one (by Reedo) seems to be a bit more complicate since you need to setup everything in the engine but maybe some people look for that control, so good to add it as well, thanks again :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Zombie status is now complete. I didn't have to do much in the way of changing how healing is applied to undead targets, was just a simple 3 line code. I thought I had to overhaul Game_Action lol. Everything else was doable by events. So.. Zombie: You turn undead. Your element changes to darkness. You're weak to light, you're strong to physical attacks and healing hurts you and revival items will kill you.
My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alliium