Crafting System with different crafting menus

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by dombo813, Sep 10, 2016.

1. dombo813

dombo813 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I know there are multiple crafting systems already in existence for RMMV, but as far as I can see, none of them can distinguish between different menus. This results in being able to craft books at an anvil, or bows at a distillery unless you're willing to mess around with a hundred conditionals and variables. For the sake of having neat and easy to navigate events, I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. 

So, my request, therefore, is for a crafting system that would allow one to define different crafting stations. I have absolutely zero knowledge of javascript, so I don't know whether this is possible or not, but i'd like it to function as so:

Like Yanfly's Item Synthesis, the user would be able to set certain items to act as recipes, which, while active, add any item IDs within that recipe's notetag to the crafting menu. For example: An item named "Brass Weapons" would have the notetag <Weapon Recipe: 1; 10, 12, 13, 14, 15> (since there are 5 Brass weapons in the game, with those IDs). The 1; would denote that these recipes will only be added to menus with the 'id' 1. The user would be able to use notetags within the individual items' note box to determine the recipe costs, in the same way as Yanfly's. Then, to make these recipes accessible, a plugin call in an event would read "OpenSynthesis 1", which would then look through the player's inventory for all recipes attributed to crafting menu 1. The same could be done for Armor, by assigning that to crafting menu 2. Preferably, this would support any number of menus, so a user could have metal armor crafted at a different station to leather armor.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes this up, and if someone has already done this and I just couldn't find it, please let me know!

bakeneko likes this.
  2. S_Rank_Crazy

S_Rank_Crazy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, just having a little look through some of the requests on here and this one has piqued my interest (tonight). Would I be in right saying that what you're after is an extension plugin for Yanfly's Item Synthesis? A plugin that just adds the ability to categorise recipes depending on what the event wants to display?

I only ask because it seems that most of the functionality you want is already there, you just need this one feature, right?

3. Ahuramazda

Ahuramazda Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I tried a long time ago to see if I could update Venka's Crafting from VX Ace, with her permission I bashed my head against a wall for several weeks and had no such luck... might be a good time to see if someone else might be able to work on a translation from Ruby -> JS 

This crafting system has a different menu for every item type you want, very customizable recipe setup that is user friendly. Set up as many recipe types as you want and call them by a command (Tailoring, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Cooking, Alchemy, Smelting, ect.  If you can think of it you can do it!)

Active crafting option - a time bar that is red or green... if pressed when red you 'fail' at crafting and can get back a different item that what was being crafted. In my game I was making at the time with this I had it set up so if you were making items and pressed the button before it turnt green you got <Itemx1>, if while it was green <Itemx3>, and if you waited til it turnt red again <Itemx2>. This timer bar can be set to however long you want it to, and increases a little at a time if you are multi-crafting the same item. For the item returns I also had my Blacksmithing set up so not give back extra copies of the item when I was successful, but to actually return part of the materials for the recipe: full cost used if early crafting, get back 30% if crafted on time, and 10 back if crafted late.

Gaining crafting levels and EXP is optional... if you would just to have all recipes craftable when learnt instead of having to skill up to use them, so be it.

I cannot describe enough how much I absolutely loved this script and would kill to see someone with much more coding knowledge than me get it working.

I do honestly think though that based on your request this would be the ideal crafting script for you, thus the winded post, lol :D

4. dombo813

dombo813 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yeah, pretty much. Somehow, I hadn't realised that you could just make a plugin for a preexisting plugin, even though I've seen it done before :D Sorry for the slow response, my internet went out for a while. Stupid BT -_-. Anyway, thanks for the offer!

SoftCloud likes this.
  5. Jeremy Cannady

Jeremy Cannady Coldfire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Any update on this? I might want to take another look at a crafting system.

SoftCloud likes this.