- Jan 8, 2016
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
This is a set of short games with topics generated randomly via - http://orteil.dashnet.org/gamegen -
created to help learn and improve my use of RPG maker MV in a start to end of project fashion.
This was inspired by the various 45 minute challenges posted by RPG maker youtubers.
~ ~ ~ Project 1 - completed in 3 days ~ ~ ~
"Play as Erik, avenging Angela and Salem by trying to convince your Landlord after being kicked out unfairly,
that pets are a joy and you should all be allowed to return to your apartment."
Original randomized topic: A simulation game where you manage cats to avenge your girlfriend.
- Characters -
note:A focus of this project is the characters and interactions, and because of its nature these were developed
as the game went on, so their description is based on what I learnt about them through their dialog in the game.
As such if the screenshots interest you, you may find more joy just entering into the game and watching their dialog/interactions without their personalities spoiled.
With an air of confidence thanks to his strong relationship with Angela, he tries to always be ready to lend a hand while being compassionate and thoughtful.
Cares greatly for her friends and keeps a level head. When her friends are treated poorly though she can become very frustrated, though she isn't so comfortable with aggression so her responses like this can make her flustered and cause her to trip over words.
- Game content -
- A lighthearted 'point and click-esque' adventure with a focus on character dialog and interaction.
- Approximately 10 minutes of playtime.
- Download project 1 "Avenging with cats" (65mb) -
~ ~ ~ Project 2 - completed in 3-4 days ~ ~ ~
"Strategically use your 3 varied gun attacks and choose to gain the power of your enemies or
glory of a tougher battle as Alisha, a lady determined to claim victory in the slime shard arena."
Original randomized topic: A shooting game where you hatch resources and there's an audience that reacts to your actions.
- Game content -
- Battle in an arena with 2 enemy types that have varied powers and AI controlling them.
- Learn from 6 different powers across the time in the arena to customize your playstyle.
- Gain experience to hone strategies and aim for a greater victory reaction-
- Learn 4 skills: Standard victory
- Learn 2/3 skills: Great victory (shown in the video below)
- Learn 1 skill or less: Awesome victory!
- Approximately 15 minutes from start to victory, but varied and replayable.
- Download project 1 "The slime shard Arena" (116mb) -
~ ~ ~ Project 3 - completed in 4 days ~ ~ ~
"Use summonable creatures to overcome puzzles and gain treasure."
Because I couldn't find a randomized topic that was close to a puzzle I wanted to design I chose no random topic for this.
- Game content -
- Learn how to use and summon 3 creatures.
- Use a combination of the 3 creatures mechanics to overcome puzzles.
I had intended an additional map for this, but I already learnt a bunch on completion
and designing more complex puzzles with the mechanics was taking too much timem
Especially as I wanted to join the RPG maker Birthday Bash contest,
so I tweaked the final puzzle a bit more to end it within the 1 map.
I'm still happy with it though and find the summon mechanics for the puzzles intriguing.
- Download project 1 "Puzzling Summons" (120mb) -
- End Note-
This is intended to be a learning experience to grow as an RPG maker MV user and develop better experiences with the tools available, so if you have any feedback as a player or as someone with experience in RPG maker MV that could improve or refine an area of gameplay or interaction I'd greatly appreciate it!
Of course though I hope you're also able to find some joy in what is already there !
Last edited by a moderator: