redmedved2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Belarusian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have received a lot of feedback in my game that at some point the game just crashes and shows this error:

[1105/145910.624:ERROR:http_transport_win.cc(175)] WinHttpCrackUrl: The URL does not use a recognized protocol (0x2ee6)

The problem is that not every players experienced that error. Including me. I tested the game on two computers, but could not reproduce it.

This happens at the beginning of one event, I looked through it, but haven't find anything special. Except that the plugin "Irina Anti audio delay" didn't seem to work right. Judging by the description, it should preload audio files in a certain number of lines of code. But in fact with this plugin I just got a strong drop in fps in the moments of playing certain audio files.

I disabled the plugin and changed some of the event parameters. I moved the command to change the battle bgm from the beginning of the event to the moment just before the battle. And just recently I got another feedback that after my hotfix the problem didn't go away, the game started to crash after dialogs and before the battle instead of crashing right away. And then I realized that the error is probably related to the audio file, which I use to change the battle bgm. The only thing I noticed is that it is larger in size than all the others. Most BGM files sizes an average of 2-2.5 mb, when the one size is 5.2 mb, the length is 05.46.
I want to know if the size or perhaps the length of the audio file can really cause the game to crash.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello again!
If it's really about the file, it can be a problem on some computers that are with 10-updated codecs.
There is also the possibility that the file has some information in the header that is not recognized.
Use VLC to get the file information and put it here.

We also need to see the console as it might be a preload issue.
If none of this is possible, I suggest converting the audio:
  • Ogg Vorbis(.ogg)
  • AAC(.m4a)
* When creating a game that will be played on Windows or Mac, please prepare only the Ogg Vorbis file format. When creating a game that will be released on the web or made for Android/iOS, both file formats are required.

Reference:
If it is a freeware audio put the official download link.

Good luck, I'm waiting for your reply.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The URL does not use a recognized protocol
this can also mean a problem with the URL itself. And in case of a local game that is the combination of filepath and filenames.

All browsers have problems handling letters that were not allowed under the original network rules, despitee the fact that modern OS all contain overrides that force the browsers to handle those originally illegal letters.
That is the reason why spaces (which are illegal under networking rules) are replaced with %20 in error messages - the browser simply can't handle them.

So if some players store the game in a folderpath that contains spaces or other letters that are illegal under networking rules, they can cause the error while players with the game in a regular path never experience it.

Judging by the description, it should preload audio files in a certain number of lines of code. But in fact with this plugin I just got a strong drop in fps in the moments of playing certain audio files.
Preloader plugins reduce loading times/loading lag at the cost of higher RAM usage.
they help if your lag is caused by loading times, but they make things worse if your lag is caused by RAM-limits.

"Lag" is a word for the effects when some part of the computer is not sufficient for current operations, but it is also a sum of a dozen possible causes. To really solve it you need to analyze what caused it and then target the solution at that part.
you can't just pray that a tool that works for one cause of lag is a heal-all for everything, because that does not exist.

redmedved2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Belarusian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again!
If it's really about the file, it can be a problem on some computers that are with 10-updated codecs.
There is also the possibility that the file has some information in the header that is not recognized.
Use VLC to get the file information and put it here.

We also need to see the console as it might be a preload issue.
If none of this is possible, I suggest converting the audio:
  • Ogg Vorbis(.ogg)
  • AAC(.m4a)
* When creating a game that will be played on Windows or Mac, please prepare only the Ogg Vorbis file format. When creating a game that will be released on the web or made for Android/iOS, both file formats are required.

Reference:
If it is a freeware audio put the official download link.

Good luck, I'm waiting for your reply.
1636205107846.png
The audio itself I modified using Sony vegas. I cut out some parts of the original composition and duplicated fragments. At the time of creating this I had not yet thought about the fact that you can not duplicate fragments to stretch the audio, but just insert a single fragment, which will loop itself due to the rules of BGM files playback.
(Just in case, editing the file is fine and the author allows it for my personal needs, everything is legal.)
Since I compiled the song myself, there will be no link to download from official sites, but I have uploaded it to mega.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Using VLC I converted to MP3, then I converted to Ogg and the size changed, it's possible that any clipping in the track has been removed.
VLC-Reconvert-Ogg.png
Try taking the test.

If the issue is not resolved, the cause is probably the same as this game:

The solution was to update NWjs.

Good luck! :LZSsmile:

redmedved2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Belarusian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using VLC I converted to MP3, then I converted to Ogg and the size changed, it's possible that any clipping in the track has been removed.
View attachment 205994
Try taking the test.

If the issue is not resolved, the cause is probably the same as this game:

The solution was to update NWjs.

Good luck! :LZSsmile:
Thank you, I'll try. I was also thinking about properly cutting this track, then it won't have repeating components, and the repetition will be done in the game itself when the song ends. I won't cause a problem if I just remove half of the track, will I? I want to do this to reduce the size just in case.

The most problematic thing here is that I can not reproduce the crash on my computer, and the player's patience is also not infinite to test dozens of game versions until I will make a stable one, so the whole situation just frustrates me too much.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So...just to be clear. Your first post said you've gotten "a lot of feedback" about this issue, but your last post indicates just one player has had it.

Which is it? If it's just from one person, the likeliness is high that it's a problem with their system in some way.

If it's from multiple people, you can try Andar's suggestions and ask them for the filepath they've installed the game in, see if there are spaces or other HTTP-illegal characters being used.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm working with Excel today, and I just hate VBA so much. It's like the designers said "How can we make a programming language that works as obtusely and inefficiently as possible?"
Beep-Beep-Motha-facka.gif

Just finished and uploaded the delivery truck base/sprite sheet. I've been steadily replacing the default assets with early modern alternatives. The air-ship for a biplane, horse-drawn wagon for a delivery truck, and next a sailboat for a steam-powered passenger liner (think of the SS Olympic and RMS Titanic).
I caught a shiny magikarp on pokemonGO today AND finally saw Detective Pikachu and it was so cute and I'm still so hype AHHHHH!!!
one of the coolest things I've learned from the forums is the ability to give yourself a hitbox. I have a move you can do on the fields. shoulder tackle. thanks to the forums, that tackle triggers self A switches on some events. NPC's and the environment now react to the tackle. awesome.
I really liked how this one turned out! :kaopride:
WYqMPf6.png

Character (Yes, this is a character): Nibiru the Primal Being from Yugioh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarasyring