Crashes

Discussion in 'Tech Support-All Makers' started by Psyonis, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Psyonis

Psyonis Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I bought RPG Maker MV two days ago. When I finally opened it up, it starts up and then I keep getting "RPG Maker has stopped working." Can someone please help I really want to make a game

2. Guiguimu

Guiguimu The best revenge is massive success Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi, sorry to hear that...
    First question: does you computer meet the minimum requirements?
    Second, when does it happen? Right when you start the program or does it depend on an action? Like saving, exporting or importing files...
    Third: Whats your OS? I know MV had some problems with 7 before, it can be the cause if you have 7.
    It can also be a driver issue, make sure all of your drivers are updated.

If it happens right when you start the program and everything else I suggested is out of the list, try(if you have windows7) https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ving-a-splash-screen-error-heres-a-fix.46673/

Hope this helps.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    three possibilities (and those three only):

1) too old a display driver, please update all your display drivers
    2) damaged program (redownload and reinstall)
    3) another program on your computer has forced a crash on RMMV

the last option is most difficult to find, but the usual candidates are all anti-malware programs or user restriction programs, and you'll need to whitelist RMMV for them. The reason is that RMMV uses web technologies locally, and some programs cannot see the difference between a local webprogram doing that and a remote website trying to infect your computer.

4. Psyonis

Psyonis Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think this the version is updated. upload_2017-7-17_13-38-56.png

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    quite the contrary - this screenshot tells us nothing and has absolutely nothing to do with RMMV.

RMMV uses the OpenGL-libraries for display, NOT the DirectX-Libraries (and only those DX-Files are checked by DXDiag).
    OpenGL is to DirectX like Coca-Cola to Pepsi-Cola: both do the same for competing companies.

Graphic Card manufacturers always provide both libraries for their cards, the drivers installed contain both the DX- and OGL-files.
    However, if the display driver is too old or its OGL-components not correctly installed (for example if you're using a Windows-Default-Driver, because those are for DirectX only) then that will cause problems.

So please update your display driver with the manufacturer's latest driver and completely ignore the DXDiag, because that program can do nothing here.

6. Psyonis

Psyonis Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My drivers are already updated, so that eliminates that problem.
    RPG Maker MV was not in the application to white list it.
    So I will try to redownload the application. Now that I think about it it said it was 609 megabytes instead of 610, so it may be corrupted. If that isn't the problem, then I will try to find a way to have it appear so I can white list The Program.

7. Psyonis

Psyonis Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I tried all three options so far. I re downloaded RPG Maker MV, I White listed it, and I updated the Drivers. It's still crashing, and I don't know what's going on. Can someone please help.

8. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    not exactly - you have whitelisted it in one program, but appearently not the one that causes the problem.

Because the three options are the only three possibilities for that, and only the first two are easy to check.
    It doesn't have to be your antivirus that is the "other program" that crashes the editor, it could be something else - anything from access security to parental guidance to background video capture programs. And we don't know your computer, we can't point you to specific program names.