Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I made two games a few years ago. My games are finished and worked well. But since I reopened my projects a while ago, I always have crashes when I run test sessions.

The game can crash a dozen times before it runs normally.
Strangely, if the game doesn't crash 10-15 seconds after launch, then the game will run smoothly afterwards. The crashes are therefore about 15 seconds before launch.

I tried to disable all plugins but the problem doesn't come from there (either the first or the second game).

In particular, I have implemented a preloading plugin. But even during the preload, the game can crash.

I am really lost because I have no idea where it could be coming from (I've tested on different PCs and Macs).

Is this a recurring problem? Does anyone have an idea?

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds like a corrupted resource? Maybe a picture, audio/music or json file got corrupted somehow. Its hard to say.

What happens if you change the first loaded map to an empty one(with all plugins disabled)? Also, could you try and press F12 right as you open the game and, if it doesn't crash, screenshot the console and show us here?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What kind of crashes are we talking about here?

Is the program locking up? Does it become unresponsive and windows recommends closing it? Does it crash to a black screen with an error message on screen? If so, what is the error message?

If it provides an error message, that is an integral part of figuring out what is causing the crash, be it a corrupted resource, missing data file, missing resource, or some kind of plugin issue. If it's locking up, it might be a larger issue with the PC as well, although you said you've tested it on other PCs and have the same problem, so that seems less likely.

Poupouille

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your answers.

What happens if you change the first loaded map to an empty one(with all plugins disabled)
Nothing special. Game can crash, or not. It's random.

Is the program locking up? Does it become unresponsive and windows recommends closing it? Does it crash to a black screen with an error message on screen? If so, what is the error message?
Sometimes I have a blackscreen, sometimes the window closes by itself.
I have not error message on screen.

Also, could you try and press F12 right as you open the game and, if it doesn't crash, screenshot the console and show us here?
I have this line that appears sometimes, but I don't understand what the problem is with this "index" file. And why that can appears, and sometimes no.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-06-22 à 21.47.09.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-06-22 à 21.47.09.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Poupouille

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On a friend PC, he has this error message on the console window:

1655927855-capture9.png

Nobody knows?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

the girls.png
So, these are all the girls of the party =3 (beside the protagonist if you play as a female.)
Now, I just have one more character sheet of the guys left and I'm done with their presentations =3
Can you recognize where this area is from? :kaocry:
Mq9QM3h.png
For those with up to 9 elements of magic; how do you structure your database. By element? Or by what is offensive vs supportive spells?
would anyone here be interested in rough concept art for the main protagonist of my game that might get changed later? :kaoswt2:
I guess I have no idea how to properly upload a custom font lmao. The menu fonts are too damn small.

Font_Size.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamechanger