Crazy Crab's MV Apocalypse

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by CrazyCrab, Dec 10, 2015.

1. CrazyCrab

CrazyCrab Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Hi everyone,

I noticed that there aren't too many modern tiles around yet, so I've decided to make some with a little twist - they are all somewhat linked to the idea of an end of the world. Violence, blood, crazy cultists and ruins galore! Please note that they are not necessarily 'post apocalyptic', they should work in any modern setting and perhaps even more.

That said, some of the stuff is somewhat crude and may be considered offensive / graphic content, so if you don't like seeing things like that feel free to skip this one. Don't worry, I won't hold a grudge.

Some information and TOS:

I'm employed full time, so I'm only able to make these every once in awhile, but don't worry, I'll try to keep this little project updated. I've separated the tiles into four categories and as time goes on these tilesets will only grow bigger - ruin, violence, guidance and ingenuity as I feel like they reflect the main issues any survivor has to face. If you have any other ideas feel free to suggest some! I seperated them like this just so I can cycle through them easily and make sure that every category is somewhat varied.

Now, onto the rules and details...

1. Free to use in both commercial and free to play projects, all you need to do is credit me (as well as Enterbrain, as some of these are simply edits).

2. If any tile uses other people's stuff it will be mentioned under the tile. Don't forget to credit them as well!

3. You're free to suggest new tiles or simply ask me for 'more blood tiles' etc. I can't promise I will fulfil all the requests, but I'll do my best. Also, I'm running out of ideas, so please do feel free to throw some my way.

4. These tiles are not tilesets, I arranged them like this on purpose so you can make your own tilesets for each location. I won't make all the tilesets A-E for you, sorry. That said if enough people request them in a normal tileset format I guess I can compile them then.

5. I will focus on tiles, as we already have some amazing artists doing all kinds of sprites and battlers. If you need guns or clothes, the other forum members have you covered, trust me!

Ruin
    [​IMG]

These tiles are mostly self-explanatory, I guess. Need me to draw some broken stuff? It'll probably end up here.

Violence

[​IMG]

Scenes of death, blood tiles, crime scenes and the like will end up here.

*Also, that last tile on the 1st line is supposed to be an electric chair. I'll redraw it when I get better.

Guidance

[​IMG]

I'm always surprised when I see that almost all the mainstream survival / post apocalyptic games completely ignore spirituality and the like, I always felt like it would be a crucial element of a society who went through such shock. Perhaps hatred towards the religious, return to the old ways or a complete 180° turn? Hard to say. That said this section will include everything that people turn towards to when in need of some assurance - new world religion and the old world relics for example. Working on the 2nd one right now.

* All the items can be placed on the altars, they've been repositioned accordingly.

Ingenuity

The file has been lost. Sorry!
    This tileset will focus on how humanity is rebuilding the society and the weird science that goes with it- ramshackle houses, strange devices that harness new powers and the like go in here. Some of it will be sci-fi, some more down to earth. Feel free to suggest anything, no matter how outlandish.

That's all for now. Feel free to leave some suggestions in the comments!

Also, I'm still pretty new to making tiles so please let me know if any of them are particularly bad, I'll do my best to improve them. :)

Changelog:

10.12.2015: Started the thread.

17.12.2015: Added some tiles, cleaned up the thread.

16.10.2017: Repuloaded the images. Surprised that people still find these useful! :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    CoryH, BurntOutPatato, atoms and 59 others like this.
  2. DBDragoner

DBDragoner Veteran Veteran

I'm not a horror fan, but your tites would still be perfect for a destroyed town or ruin. They look very well made. Personaly I love the dreamcatcher and tiny candles from the guidance section.

3. BlackLiquidSorrow

BlackLiquidSorrow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Really cool. Grimdark modern resources aren't really a thing and you really established them as your own.

4. TheStoryteller01

TheStoryteller01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    @CrazyCrab, you sure have a talent for edits. And these are really welcome additions for the modern horror genre.

My favorite is the skelly on the couch with the bullet hole in the head from the 'Violence' section - very creative and great looking!

Regarding the electric chair, I would skip the "battery stand" and try a thick cable that crawls 1 tile along the floor, curls up an invisible wall and ends in a lever...

5. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These all look great! I really hope to see more.

6. Bokou

Bokou Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Awesome stuff!

7. Lucin

Lucin Villager Member

First Language:
    Russian
    It looks great, thank you!  :D

8. romanticmisery.

romanticmisery. Humanoid Exotica Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Enemies/Battlers would also be awesome, stuff like road bandits or cultists, warlords, gangsters too, i mean it's never a bad idea.

Congratulations  on this one, you deserve it.

9. CrazyCrab

First Language:
    Polish
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it. Sadly I've been crazy busy at work (for example today I have maybe 2 hours off, that's about it) because of Christmas and literally everyone going away for the holidays, so I don't have too much time to make new stuff. Don't worry, I promise I'll add some tiles soon.

I haven't really considered battlers, but sure, I could give it a shot. That said, I've made a pile of really good looking ones using the generator already, there are some fantastic threads out there, for example - http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47255-hiddenones-mv-resource-warehouse/ has a lot of army uniforms variations and other goodies like the gas mask. Then you can use http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47699-variety-of-guns-for-your-heroes-to-use-in-battle/ :) At least that's what I've been doing up to this point, I'm sure that there are many other useful threads out there.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2015
  10. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Requests for gore (some pretty morbid, hence the spoiler)

• Bloody bones and remains impaled on spikes
    • Jar full of eyeballs.
    • Walls made from human flesh
    • Guillotine with and without blood

The Stranger likes this.
  11. CrazyCrab

First Language:
    Polish
    Sorry for being quite inactive lately, I've been really busy and haven't had much time to do anything, sadly. 

I've added a couple of new computers and devices / lab equipment.

@Tuomo L I'll give it a shot, but as I said I'm sadly really busy around the holidays. I'll see what I can do. :)

12. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    CrazyCrab, thank you for these tiles! I'd been meaning to do something modern or futuristic but was still mulling on a plot. Your opening post gave me ideas. Thank you! Will be watching this thread closely. Happy holidays :)

13. Asterism

Asterism Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    These are awesome! Thank you so much for these!

Since you're open to suggestions, how about a broken window? I keep wanting to have a place look broken and crumbling from the outside, but it's a little tricky.
    Thanks again, and I'll definitely be following this thread.

14. Roguedeus

Roguedeus It's never too late to procrastinate... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This is great stuff.

Ruins and trash are in very short supply for some reason. Do you have any intentions of expanding your current work more towards that?

15. GotTofu

GotTofu Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Some really nice stuff there, much better than my attempts at edits.  Thanks a ton

16. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have a suggestion. I love your violence tiles. Is that any chance you could attempt a brain? Like something I could edit inside a water tank? :)  

17. Towny

Towny Villager Member

I've just made a destroyed tower with a werewolf inside, I think many of these tiles will be perfect! Thank you!

18. Diretooth

Diretooth Lv. 23 Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These are rather good, it'd be interesting to see you make or edit a tileset for the express purpose for horror games.

I'd also like to note that, while I am rather pleased that the pentagram is in the Guidance section, from what I can tell, it's drawn in blood (Not necessarily a bad thing, given that there are people who would probably do that given the chance). The pentagram, whether upright or inverted, is not strictly a bad or evil thing, and is oft used for protection or invocation of magic/spirits. It would be neat to see ornamentation of such, perhaps in the shape of a seal, or maybe in the form of a tapestry.

It would also be good to see 'neutral/good' versions of some of the pre-existing iterations of it, perhaps black instead of red. Black can be a useful color for horror, as many people associate it with evil, while in magic in general, black is a protective color.

I'd also suggest dismembered limbs, such as a hand lying in a pool of blood (Double points if you make it able to animate), or a dismembered foot (Perhaps animated to tap?) Perhaps people sitting on a couch with their faces melted horrifically, or their eyes and lips sewn shut? Maybe they're dissected, or split in half? (Imagine having a person sitting in a hallway, and as you pass by, they slowly tear in half with blood pooling beneath them? That would take at least two tiles for just that.!) Perhaps eyeballs in holes in the walls, eyeballs rolling around on the ground, someone nailed to the wall whilst their organs spill out from their vivisected gut?

19. DmNerd

DmNerd Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Sorry if this question is super newbieish but can these tilesets be imported just by saving the image in the tilset folder?

20. Marushia

Marushia Neko-chan Veteran

First Language:
    Brazilian
    Good ideia and a I LOVE horror *---* gore and blood :p