Crazy_Leen's Crazy Resources & Retro Resources

Discussion in 'General Resources' started by Crazy_Leen, Aug 21, 2014.

1. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    No idea how the heck I've missed this, but this is nothing short of awesomeness!

2. Crazy_Leen

Crazy_Leen Secretly a Teddybear ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I'd love to see that <3

HNGHNG, that would be so awesome <3

Thank you~<3

Sure. But not until the "standart" or essential things are done. Won't go into another bigger topic before that happens..

Thank you!

Okay, so a headsup: I'm not dead, the retro-project is not abandoned; everything's just a bit slow.

I'm in a lot of stress lately and while I did start few things, there's not much yet to show, sadly.

But I'm working on it, don't you worry.

I got something different for you for now, though.

I helped out a bit on a game for a gaming jam and I wanted to share some icons with you guys!

In the end, this thread is not only for my retro-resources~ UwU

If you are interested in the game check it out here: http://rpgmaker.net/games/7360/

There's still going to be a lot of bugfixes and some balancing but it's already completely playable; check it out maybe :> ? Anyway, here are the icons~

[​IMG]

3. SpiralSigil

SpiralSigil Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I legit want to make a retro game SOLELY because of how amazing your work for that stuff is.  Thats how good it is.

Honestly?  Once I'm finished my game, I may just do exactly that.

4. Liak

Liak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Oh hey, icons! :) Great! We get so many icons lately, which is a really good thing. But since they are so universally usable (for pretty much half of the database, actually), you can never have enough icons!

5. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    Awww that would be great!

I love seeing my stuff being put to use qwq

Lol. Well I already loved making icons before but with Avery and her tons of icons (seriously, you're a machine Avy xD ), it seems like way more xD

Also I wanna tell you guys that it sadly takes a lot of time now to get to my retro stuff. I just am very busy Uwu"

But that doesn't mean I'm abandoning them; they are too close to my heart and way too much fun to make, not to continue them.

In fact Indrah got me some inspiration back and I already started to make a few things again. As soon as I have a good bunch to show you guys,

I'll give you an update.

Candacis likes this.
  6. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    There's finally new content I can share UwU

New tileset stuff still is on its way but it's going well and I should soon be able to share it : D

Also, since someone asked, I'm going to give you what already exists of the cave set, even if it's not much yet; it's being worked on too, though.

So here's the new stuff imma share with you guys~

New stuff in the spoiler below!

First off a new BGM, that I was teasing a long time back already and I always forgot to show =w=""

Festival 1:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2916508/Forum%20Grafiken/Ressourcen/Retro/Audio/BGM/%5BRetro%5D%5BBGM%5DFest1.mid

New generator-parts:

Capes

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Royal/Fancy Cape

[​IMG]

Coats/Robes in 3 variations:

> No hood (that's why I said /coats, as they can easily be that too)

> Hood down

> Hood up

Crowns

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Also I updated the Oustide B tileset, adding some signs, A5 adding a cave entry

[​IMG][​IMG]

Since some were asking, I'm also giving you the tileset-snippets for the caves, even though they are far from finished. But maybe some

already want to at least get teh basics done, which you can surely do with the bit already there. There's going to be more added though, especially parts

for making a mine out of it.

A1

[​IMG]
    A2
    [​IMG]

A4
    [​IMG]
    A5
    [​IMG]
    B
    [​IMG]

7. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Ah, those look great, thanks for uploading the cave stuff! And those hoods are just cute, can already see a mini-cult forming :D

I always liked your preview pictures, so maybe you can share a little screenshot of the stuff you're working on? ;)

8. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    YAY!!!

Crazy_Leen is back. :)

My life is now complete.

9. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    All hail the Retro-Cult >: D

And of course, my dear. Not like I'd not do that anyway : >

I was never gone! I'm just slow since I have very much to do lately qwq

Busy, busy, busy. But I'm happy I finally found more time to work on those things again; they are just too much fun to make~

New stuff and preview!

First, on a different note, here's a small battler-edit from a resource-request; simply the 'Fanatic'-battler with a book instead of a dagger:

[​IMG]

Then here's a small preview for the upcoming shop tileset (still will need a bit more work, so not that soon.)

EDIT: Okay, whatever i worked the whole night...er, morning on it and got quite far actually XD

It will still need some mroe work but I already can present you some stuff ;3

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
  10. Raider

Raider Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    That looks really nice :D

Best of luck for finishing this set ;)

11. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    Eyyy, I've been busy and I think I have enough in the shop tileset that at least basic stuff can already be mapped with it :>

So imma give it to you right away~

And I also have a preview for a new BGM for you, too~

Now my hand hurts from too much pixel-work all the time and it's late (wel eraly, but late for me, I didn't sleep yet x'D), so have fun while I am trying to rest a bit now =w=

Preview for a new BGM:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2916508/%5BRetro%5D%5BBGM%5DMysterium2.mid

New Shop Tileset:

( You can btw put the shelf-pieces in any order, it will work either way :> So for example the left corner from one shelf will fit with any other right one and so on. Same goes for the little maniquin-head-thingies. Top and bottom are (except for the helmets), usable any way you want. So you can have them displaying just a hat and the normal manequin-bottom, or you can display it with the bottom with a necklace, for example~)
    [​IMG]

12. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

C-C-C-Cashmere (old) Resident Weirdo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    More tiles! Goody goody goody! Your tiles are amazing, by the way. Even a mediocre mapper such as myself can create dazzling maps with these gorgeous tiles. Also, yours is one of the most complete tiles in the retro style I've seen. A lot of them give up fairly early but yours is very extensive. Thank you!

Here's an example of what I just mapped in the past hour. Be aware, I'm not a great mapper, but these tiles make me look like I am one. ;)

[​IMG]

I also hope to use your tiles in an upcoming school sim of mine. Hopefully it'll work out. With the addition of your new tiles, it's going to be very easy in that regard.

[​IMG]

Cheers, and thank you for all you've done. You're awesome.

13. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    Thank you so much! I'm always happy to see my stuff being used qwq

So, I am working on mine extensions for the cave tileset currently.

I don't have a screenshot for you (yet) but I already can give you a minecart and minecart-template for the upcoming things~

Also, I made a Game Over ME, since retro doesn't keep the baddies away >: D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2916508/Forum%20Grafiken/Ressourcen/Retro/Audio/ME/%5BRetro%5D%5BME%5DGameOver1.mid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bonkers, PandaMaru, Mimironi and 3 others like this.
  14. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    The caves are done for now, having added mine tiles~

The tilesets in the startpost are updated and here's a preview screenshot for you guys:

[​IMG]

Tuxedo Leila, Mimironi, Yin and 5 others like this.
  15. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Well, in order to pay for something in the shop, you clearly need a cave with some shiny gems :D

I like the screenshot, makes me want to make a retro map myself.

I think, you approach the point of a good base of tiles to make a game out of this. You have the town, the nature, the mine. Do you have any ideas what is next? Maybe make more stuff for the castle like pillars, thrones, banners?

I would love to see some more enemy sprites, like orcs, goblins or wolves and bears. Those are not requests, don't want to pressure you, just ideas and suggestions in the hope you continue with this retro style. Thanks for sharing!

16. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    @Candacis:

Well, if you are paying with gems, then yes xP

I was mostly thinking to tackle dungeons next and then move on to more charset stuff, but I'm not really sure aka, I don't mind what I work on next.

And of course, I'm not stopping with making Retro Resources~

I have way too much fun making them and I have many, many ideas that go beyond the standart things.

I want to at least make it as big as general RTP nowadays and then go on with all kinds of topics.

It'll take time, but it will happen. I am already far, I won't back down UwU

Which brings up the question fro all the people who actually are looking at my thread (at elast every now and then maybe UwU?):

What do you think should I do next? Dungeons or more Charsets?

I started a poll out of couriosity; let's see how that goes 8D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
    Raider and Candacis like this.
  17. Mimironi

Mimironi But what do I know? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm all for more dungeons.

Yet I dont know what theme/kind...

18. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    @Mirpono:

I thought to mostly just go through the basics. Classic elemental dungeons would come first.

Afterwards... well to be honest almost anything could be a 'dungeon'. So probably jsut elemental ones XD

Those I want to get done at least, then I might hop to the next thing, or I dunno.

Ah, rihgt,there'd also be the "nromal" one that'd try to make a bit bigger, so like a non-elemental dungeon.

Mimironi likes this.
  19. desukarhu

desukarhu Veteran Veteran

Any chance for more icons in the future? Especially weapons. I'm using a sideview battle system and if I use a different style iconset the weapons look out of place in battles!

20. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Would you count a game made for a contest (such as IGMC) as commercial?