Crazy_Leen's Crazy Resources & Retro Resources

Discussion in 'General Resources' started by Crazy_Leen, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Crazy_Leen

Crazy_Leen Secretly a Teddybear ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Surely. Everything will get additions at one point, icons are just not /that/ high priority atm though,b ecause tehre's already a good amount for basic stuff, but it'll be more sometime :3

Well, no. I really just mean the 'game for cash' kinda thing. As long as it's a free game it's fine.

You might have meaned because you might win stuff, maybe? Since that's (more or less, I mean there still is skill involved) luck based, it doesn't matter.

Only if there's money involved for sure.

I hope that made any sense, I'm kinda sicka nd brain doesn't work quite right atm ~_~

Ruby likes this.
  2. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Makes sense to me.  That was a quick response, thanks!

3. desukarhu

desukarhu Veteran Veteran

Okay thank you! I'll just use a different icon set as a placeholder for now.

4. Soach

Soach d(=^ω^=)b Member

First Language:
    German
    Ich bin aus Deutschland auch! XD Excited to saw your feature updates :)

I am up for vote to dungeon tiles ;)

5. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    Heyo guys~

Here for a quick headsup!

Firstly, there's a lot going on with this weird thing called reall life and jobs *shudders*, so it's going along slowly, but the first dungeon is in the making!

I planned to have at least the 4 basic elements and an overworld tileset, before I move on to more charsets and stuff

Secondly I want to announce, that I'm most likely going to make my Retro Resources available for the RPG Maker 2k3 at some point! Mostly I first want to get to know the old maker, before I edit Tilesets into its format.Thanks to palladingthug, who was so absolutely kind and gave me the maker, when I mentioned that I want to make the resources available for it to, this is even going to be possible in the first place, as I really wasn't sure if I should buy it or not.

This will still take a while but I see a great opportunity! Many people already told me they were reminded of 2k and 2k3 when they saw my resources and yes, it would probably fit quite well into something like that.Some more changes will have to be made when it comes to the battlesystem. If I want to go full 2k3 support, I will likely have to make sideview-characters, too. We will se how the whole thing will go anyway. At the moment it's still in the future and I want to get the resources simply done first, staying with the Ace formats and such.

But it'll be a thing one day or another and maybe I might even start making some general 2k3 resources~

That's all for now. Next time I hope I can show you some work in progress.

Raider, Soach, Zak and 1 other person like this.
  6. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I cannot wait for awesomeness.  :)

I also love the idea for the resources to be usable in 2k3. :)

7. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    Welp, things still going a bit slow in the Retro department, somewhat, as you will see in a bit, since I spent more time getting to know the 2K3 and began making some things for it~

First, while I'm at it, I'll announce that there now is a 2K3 section in this thread, as I will probably end up making more things for it .

To fill it at least a little bit, I'll share a thing or two. I will also upload Facesets I made, after I find their files without the custom frame I amde for them =w=""

A few resources:

Alternative wall for houses

[​IMG]

Autotiles with different dirt and edited stone path

[​IMG][​IMG]

Single tiles with the dirt, stone path and a variation

[​IMG]
    Also, I made my first screen of the Retro Set in the 2k3 itself : D

[​IMG]
    It's nothing special and nothing you didn't see yet, but I'm very glad that it seems to work fine~

It involves a lot of throwing around the tiles to fit them all properly into the 2k3 format and I couldn't even get every single thing in there but...

Eh, I'll find a good way to convert them properly =w=

I will more likely not convert them into the 2k3 format, before I know a tileset is done anyway, since I don't want to screw myself over and then lack space or something.

RocketKnight, Soach, Kenen and 2 others like this.
  8. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    Heyo guys O/

As always, thing are sadly a bit slow. With all kinds of stuff that drain overall time and/or motivation, it can be ahrd to wrok on one thing

and actually have some progress lately.

But I finally found a bit of motivation again, presenting you a WIP screenshot of what I'm currently working on.

[​IMG]

I also kind of felt like I want to make more recources again for the RTP styles, too. Sadly, like so often, I kinda lack inspiration. It's really hard for me to decide what kinda thing I could do xD Any ideas?

Candacis, Indrah, Zak and 5 others like this.
  9. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    Made this for a friend of mine, but this surely might come in handy for other's as well.

It's a bridge made out of trees. Each side has two tiles for the connection, so you can have some variation when the bridge is longer.

Usable for the RMXP

[​IMG]

Bonkers, Indrah, PandaMaru and 5 others like this.
  10. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    Love the look, which gives forest mapping a much edgier and darker look. Definitely something that's been lacking from the RTP.

Edit: Just saw it's mainly for a bridge, but I think somebody might find some use for using it as tangled brush in a deep and dark part of a forest.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2015
    RocketKnight likes this.
  11. RocketKnight

RocketKnight Broke with expansive taste Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Crazy_Leen It reminded me a lot of this:

[​IMG]

and i love!

C-C-C-Cashmere likes this.
  12. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    I'm sure it can be used as just an addition on its own, even if it's mainly a bridge. In the end, nobody can stop you from using just the texture alone and add some variation to forests as you say : 3

Just that there's always just two ends for the roots, sicne it's a bridge, so that might be the only problem to that.

13. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

My dear, I have a "christmas.png" file in your folder with garlands, Christmas balls, and trees, but I do not see it here.

Am I missing something?

/me looks to link for the trees list

14. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    Ah, I think I know which ones you mean.

Hm... curious. Didn't even notice, that I didn't put them into this thread. (which is weird, since I even added my credit name on the file,which means it was ready to be uploaded.)

I re-uploaded it, but it didn't have anything else than what yous tated, just to make sure .3

15. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

Thank you! All tucked away under the XP section.

=]

16. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    Welp, also, since someone needed them and I was happy to do something for my Retro stuff again, here are some new statues : >

[​IMG]

Raider, Mirpono, Jinxed and 4 others like this.
  17. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Oh, they look nice! Good work.

Will you continue with the fire dungeon by any chance? I would also love to see some more pitched roofs.

18. Mirpono

Mirpono But what do I know? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh whoaaa, those look so pretty! The statues and the gems they're holding  :D

19. Jinxed

Jinxed Beautifully Evil Veteran

Thanks again, Crazy_Leen. I was the one who requested the statues, and I am really pleased of her work! :)

20. Crazy_Leen

First Language:
    German
    Comments:

Thank you.
    Well I did hope to kinda get into my retro stuff again. I'm just always a bit troubled, or rather get distracted or feel like "I dunno what to work on @_@", if I don't have a good plan on how to work on stuff, or rather what to work on when.
    Everybody 'needs' something different first. some rather want dungeon first, others rather want more additions to existing tilesets... and I'm here like "I'm down for all :o" and just don't know what to work on first xD

It can work massively against me sadly but I hope I will at least work on /anything/. I really don't wanna let the retro stuff die, even though I'm not the only one who makes them and far from the most used ones x'D

Hnghn thank you qwq

Thank you and no problem!

As I said before, Iw anted to make some statues anyway, so it really came in handy :D
    Now to a little addition, of the orbs you saw on the latest statues, just floating a bit.

[​IMG]

Also, since I'm very hyped for the new maker... just like pretty muche veryone else (xD), I started working on some MV icons >w<

Have a big list of things I wanna make and... probably will x3

Here's what I have so far. And don't wonder about the "dublicates". They are actually icons with an extra white outline for convenience.

[​IMG]

JiM83, Candacis and Jinxed like this.