Crazy_Leen's Crazy Resources & Retro Resources

Jinxed

Beautifully Evil
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Crazy_Leen, I thought you've done some snowy town tiles once (may be in your advente calendar or something) But I can't find them in the first post... Have you not placed them in start post or you just never did them?

Thank you. :) :)

Crazy_Leen

Secretly a Teddybear ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Crazy_Leen, I thought you've done some snowy town tiles once (may be in your advente calendar or something) But I can't find them in the first post... Have you not placed them in start post or you just never did them?

Thank you. :) :)
That...is really weird.

I did them, yes, and they even are int he dropbox, but youa re right they were not in the startpost, which is weird.

I re-added them now though. Thanks for mentioning it!

Jinxed

Beautifully Evil
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
That...is really weird.

I did them, yes, and they even are int he dropbox, but youa re right they were not in the startpost, which is weird.

I re-added them now though. Thanks for mentioning it!
Yay :) Thanks!
I look forward to more of your retro resources. :)

Lurelys

Cookie Master
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi Crazy_Leen!

I'm new here, and I wanted to let you know that your tileset is PERFECT

I love it soo so much ;_;

yep thats all

I really hope you'll complete it one day  :) ! (but take your time)

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Splendid, absolutely splendid. If I may make some suggestions?

1. What monster sprites go well with these?
  2. More tile decor.
  3. Matching faces.
  4. A pallette that goes with these.
Hoping to see you continue to work on these.

Crazy_Leen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Aw, thanks you guys!

Things are stressful lately, as I've surely mentioned already, so I#m just doing stuff on the side that I make while playing around with the MV.

Once things calmed down again I hoefully can work on some of my other things again, like my retro stuff or the custom MV icons.

For now, have some sign variations and the tileset-dorr things. y'know basicly the hollowed out spaces for doors <w<?
And a little extra.

It's lamps you can mount on walls, roof-windows (currently jsut for one roof type), a bigger window for things like shops, a bench and the said door thingies.

PandaMaru

little red panda
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
:wub: These sign-addons are so beautiful, I love it!

HeroSword

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First off I love all of your stuff. I am more of a lurker/non-commercial-game-maker-just-for-myself kind of person, but I was wondering if there would be any chance of a Retro MV set in the future? I LOVE your retro stuff. I was thinking of trying my hand at color editting some it to look gameboy-esque. Just have to find the time... Anyways, Cheers, and thanks for all your amazing art.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How to make the retro resources work in MV:  In a graphics program, reduce the image size by 1/2 turning interpolation off or "nearest neighbor".  Now enlarge it by %300 with the same settings and save (possibly in a new place so you don't overwrite the originals).  Or, if your graphics program is up to it, you may be able to just skip all that and enlarge it by %150 and the same settings with no reduction necessary.  All done!  Please note, this only works on pixel sets that use double sized pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crazy_Leen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
:wub: These sign-addons are so beautiful, I love it!
ahhhh thank you so much, dear /)///w///(\

First off I love all of your stuff. I am more of a lurker/non-commercial-game-maker-just-for-myself kind of person, but I was wondering if there would be any chance of a Retro MV set in the future? I LOVE your retro stuff. I was thinking of trying my hand at color editting some it to look gameboy-esque. Just have to find the time... Anyways, Cheers, and thanks for all your amazing art.
Thank you very much <3

Well, you could do what Sharm said, of simply resizing the existing resources with the right options.

I currently didn't plan to re-do the resources for another maker, since they are not even really done yet for the VX.

Maybe once stuff calms down around here I can continue with that project, too. Until then I'm just posting what  I do while playing around with the MV.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to the new resources.

I had to call in sick for this and next week, which is unfortunate but also gives me somewhat of a breather.

I was playing around with the MV again and along the way made a ruin-set.

Didn't really know what else would be good adding, but I think basic stuff like that can be useful too, righ u,u?

Example:

Ruin Set:

Ruin A1:

Ruin A2:

Ruin A4:

Ruin A5:

Ruin B:

FukuDaFish

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Your Retro Resources Are Crazy Amazing!

(I hate myself for that pun ;_;  )

Lurelys

Cookie Master
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hai Crazy Leen! I love your retro ressources so much  ;_;

I hope you'll do more !

JoePie

of Art/Game
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
While I'm not using your tiles, your RETRO sprite sheet is Madly Pretty!

Lurelys

Cookie Master
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
It's just too beautiful.. Will you do more ?  :)

Sharkerbob

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This stuff is pretty great!

However, the link to get the Flesh Dungeon tileset doesn't seem to be working, or maybe the site has been changed, because it just bounces me to the main page of the site, instead of to the specific page. Is there another link?

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
These resources are incredible!  I've got 2 questions:

1)  Do you do commission work?

2)  Has anybody had success putting the generator parts in a particular generator - does it matter if/whether I use Ace's or MV's?

firststef

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
I'm so angry with myself right now! I missed some resources when they were available and now dropbox's down! :kaoeh: Crazy_Leen's resources are the best so I'll wait until they come back. They are so pretty!

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@firststef lol this is why I compulsively download any resources I like as soon as I see them. This has happened to me too before. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Potato The game! Few concepts for characters to my game.
Well, well, well, well....Lemme get a look at this fanart.
The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FTWStorm