CrazyHungryMonster Games [New position and info!]

Would it help the RPG Maker Community to have real Studios for RPG Projects?

• It would improve things some

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Commercialize it too much

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Wouldn't change much

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • other answer [post in topic]

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Kilravok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would be interested in general, wanting to create a game for a long time now, but I am not certain if I would be willing to commit to an uncertainty.

At the moment I am trying to pull up a digital printing company (I could print the merchandise t-shirts and coffe mugs or advert posters for your games) and money is a rare and much needed comodity at the moment. If I took on a professional commitment, I would expect some return from it. So far you have never answered any question about possible payment, not even evasively. If however it is just a "regular amateur team like everyone else", I would only invest a simple "hoby-level" commitment to it.

Also would it be possible to use the "Studio" recourses for our own game projects or would it be only Your projects that we'd work on. I am asking because I got a concept for what might well turn out to become a series of games, if it ever takes off. But I doubt I will be able to gain all the skills needed to solo it.

That again brings the question of money. I would not want to loose my ideas or the rights to them to a company without gaining my due return for it. IF I bring it my own ideas and use company/studio resources, I know it is only natural that the rights would belong to the company and the game would carry the company's logo, but what would be in it for me? The days where the company's prosperity is the only motivation required are long gone (sadly). And having my name in the credits won't get any butter on my bread.

I am aware that this "Studio" is still merely an infant that hasn't even gotten past its planning stage yet, I am aware that it won't be able to pay anything yet, (unless you want to take on loans and mortgages and other things that would ultimately make some bank the sole owner of the name and all associated projects), but what guaranties are there? what securities? Are you trying to get RPGMaker users to come together and pull up something professional? Or are you just collecting a bunch of hobyists who'd take a play at it and hope for the best?

You say there are still some spots open. How many is some? most of them still? or is it almost fully stafed? You make it sound like I would have to hurry up and apply quickly to get a chance. And WHICH positions are still open?

I am still highly interested in joining up, but I would like to see a business plan before applying.

And really...rename or kick your Zelda game...not only for legal reasons, but also for credibility. Past experience showed that those "Fan-Games" that cary the big names of their idols turn out crap, no matter how good your Zelda game might turn out to be, nobody will get it because nobody will expect much of it.

Also it would be good to know why or how your 13 person team broke up/failed/split/ended/whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaneque

Prince of Strange Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ignore this post.

Lorenze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I completely agree with what Kilravok is saying. I'm somewhat interested in joining,

I just need to know what positions are still opening. Also, if you are going commercial,

you have to scrap the Zelda fangame or least turn it into something original.

And I also have to Kentona when it comes to your projects. How 'bout focusing on

one quality project instead of always going back and forth between six? Trust me, I've tried

doing that before. It doesn't end well.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
As I have said the projects are in different stages of development and no I am not scraping the Zelda Project. Each one of these projects are projects that will be finished and again not all at the same time.

@Zelda: the Fountain of Light due to a lot of reasons Zelda or the Legend of it is no longer involved in it. It is now just The Fountain of Light. It will still be a Zelda inspired game, but I have decided to venture away from making a Zelda fan game to making an Homage game, but that means it will have to have a lot of reworking on ideas. So you guys win. +1 for you!

@Avvy I would love for you to join and yes I do understand the theory behind "one project to rule them all" but again Each Project is a different stage. One of them are in the pre-production stage and the fountain of light is just having the engine being put together. This is the whole reason behind me recruiting help. So I can focus more on a target and have some of the "weight" lifted".

@Kumori ---Ignored ..sadly. Was you interested or was it criticism? Just curious. I would address any issues or questions gladly.

@Kilravok-- Yes it is possible for the studio and studio resources and other studio members to help any team members project. I have and always believed this (I swear I already have said this somewhere in this topic). At this time since most of the teams (yes teams) are just starting to work together there is no profit being made or even possible to be made from these unfinished games. I want to make the Fountain of Light into a free to play mmo but have it similar to Spiral Knights or Rappelz where items/energy and other things are in a store. Also we have just signed and team up with a video game publishing company and I think your Digital Printing Company would fall into place perfectly because I am not the only studio they have signed.

I am not just making a game for me to play even though I am making so I can play also. and I believe I did answer the issue of commercialization in the first post or one of the few after it.

DRW

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm pretty good with spriting and have a mild art background, I'm also a Journalism major and write non-fiction for fun, so I could help out in any way with writing. I've used RPG maker programs a lot before, but my scripting knowledge is only moderately good, so in that department I could only help out someone at best. If you're still looking for people I'd love to be involved in any way.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
I sent you a pm DRW.

I am updating the first post with positions that are totally filed.

Update!

CrazyHungryMonster Games/ ShinGamix Studios has an updated Studio Dev Forum, a Promotional Website, and have recently signed to a Video Game Publisher and Promotion company from Canada.

Things are moving forward.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A

Aug Update-

1 New Position Available

Social Netwooks Activated!

Facebook

Youtube

and Custom Website all Launched!

More people Join the team!

still looking for some talented ppl.

Contact me or post here for more info.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Quick hit-

Really looking for a Assistant Directer of Projects aka right hand for the studio.

I am in desperate need of one.

Amon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very interesting, I have sent you my info, and wish you the best of luck.

Shelby

Diva
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Are you no longer looking for a team? Im not seeing any new posts.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just posted something a week ago. Still looking for certain positions.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
I replied to you in a pm.

Latterization

Java Guru
Reaction score
First Language
Twi
Primarily Uses
I would like to be apart of this project if spots are still opened.

ShonAkuna

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Do you use Skype for communication? That's what I've been used to using as a developer.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would like to be apart of this project if spots are still opened.
Do you use Skype for communication? That's what I've been used to using as a developer.
You both havent been active since September. I had forgot to check back in on this topic but now I am glad I did. I am not looking for people who will disappear for three months. That is very rude in my opnion. If you do make it to the team and need a break just let me know. Is that really so hard to ask.

icon2020

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My application below. :)

Application Form (Revised Edition)

What is your member or Display Name?

icon2020

How old are you (I need to know especially if under 18)?

37 (In January)

Location of Residence and Time Zone aka Where do you live (general area is more than fine) (No street or exact addresses)

Indiana EST

What Position(s) are you applying towards? (List all you are interested in)

Anything that requires a writer (preferred) or is willing to allow me time to learn the related skill (I have scripting experience, just not in Ruby)

Why you would be good at that or those positions?

I have taken a great interest in writing over the past few years, and do a weekly creative writing exercise with a friend to hone those skills. I have also worked as a document editor/technical writer in the past.

Tell me about yourself some.

37-year-old father of three. I work as a Project Manager and have been an avid gamer since about the age of 9. I write and play games in my free time, and pride myself on being very detail-oriented. I feel a great obligation to my commitments, and am very organized and punctual.

Game Making Experience

Just the toying I have done with RPG Maker. I haven't yet completed a game.

Use which RPG Maker(s) and for how long and which ones you own.

VX Ace, since early December.

Former Projects or games and if solo game or team.

None

Favorite Game (Only One)

At the moment I would have to say Battle Heart, though I have been in a gaming lull of sorts lately.

Why is it your Favorite Game

The simplicity of it and its graphic style. I like the micromanagement of it all, even if positioning issues pop up frequently.

What else you would have like to seen or would do with a sequel to improve on it.

I would add collision detection that keeps the characters from overlapping in a way that makes it difficult to put the healer on them. I would also add a healing priority system that allows the healer to switch targets of their own volition at a certain percentage of health. I figure that since the auto-healing is fairly weak, this doesn't do much in the way of imbalance, but I haven't seen it in action, either.

Estimated Team Involvement (How long you expect to be able to stay with the team and how much time you can dedicate to project/s)

My calendar is open, though I would give this a 'hobby' status. I don't plan to slave over it, but I would definitely stick to timelines.

What do you want or expect out of and or from the studio?

A lot of fun.

Insane Chef

Freshling
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here is mine, just in case:

What is your member or Display Name? Insane Chef

How old are you (I need to know especially if under 18)? 29

Location of Residence and Time Zone aka Where do you live (general area is more than fine) (No street or exact addresses) Cork, IE (GMT)

What Position(s) are you applying towards? (List all you are interested in) Mapper, Team Leader

Why you would be good at that or those positions? Mapper: Passion, and always improving by checking other's work. Team Leader: had my own retail shop for some years, currently team leader in my main job.

Tell me about yourself some. Tech Advisor for 10 years, also studied 3d art and web design. Started with Game Design (mapping) not long ago, still learning but improving fast

Game Making Experience Small projects of my own, nothing disclosed for the world to see (modesty > ego)

Use which RPG Maker(s) and for how long and which ones you own. XP some years ago, recently got VX Ace

Former Projects or games and if solo game or team. None on this community

Favorite Game (Only One) Chronotrigger

Why is it your Favorite Game Time travel, development of chars, beautiful story, multiple endings.

What else you would have like to seen or would do with a sequel to improve on it. Any PS1/PS2 Final Fantasy can be modernized and improved, especially on the tactical part.

Estimated Team Involvement (How long you expect to be able to stay with the team and how much time you can dedicate to project/s) No end date (the longer, the better) and around 5-15 hours per week (depends on my main job)

What do you want or expect out of and or from the studio? companions instead of colleagues, teamplay, fair play, high dose of communication, constant updates
Please let me know :)

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
I feel bad I didnt see these sooner. I responded to both of you through a quick pm.

Also for future applicants you may want to see me a pm because I am really busy. Don't want to miss anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3 followed by Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
I have at least three ongoing projects and I have no idea what to do with them.

Gotta love game dev.
I keep seeing the 'file tear' icon when I'm on some post that has images. I'm not sure if it's just me or it's the post, based on the replies I see.
Me: anime is okay. There are a couple good ones and a lot of really bad ones but the good are worth it. Brother: if you bring anime anywhere near me I'll break your nico nico kneecaps
Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howzarion01