TandoGames

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone !

I'm looking to buy RPG maker and start to build a game but before to launch myself 100% on my project, i wanted to know some things :

- I saw that i can make playable my futur RPG on a page web for people, and with some modification, i would be able to create a page web that INCLUDE the game (and not only a link to play at the game). I hope this part is correct.

-But my real problem is to know if i can create an interaction between a futur rpg and the page web (for example, i eat an apple in my game, the web page would be able to see that action and notify it !

It would be awesome if it would be possible, can anyone tell me if that realisable ?
I'm here for answer at all questions, thank you very much !!

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi there - can you specify which RPG Maker you are asking about? The answer may be different for each of them.

RPG Maker MV and MZ can compile your game in a format that makes it easy to publish to and play directly on a webpage; earlier versions don't compile to a webpage-playable version.

Your second question is a little harder to answer... I think you are asking whether it is possible to for your game to send information back to the Document Object Model of the page it's hosted on? I believe this is possible by adding custom code to your project via plugins (hopefully someone more expert than I am can confirm that the game can interact with the webpage's DOM), but it will not be easy and it's not something you should expect to be able to do without some knowledge of JavaScript code.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it is possible, but it will require some more than just the RPG-Maker.

First, only MV and MZ have html5-output by default, older makers can't be played on a website directly.

Second, what you need is an sql database to store data on your website. That means it most likely has to be your own paid website, I don't think the typical free hoster will give you access to the required rights of installing and running a sql database. How much that will cost you depends on what your exact needs are.

Third, you'll need a plugin that can store data in said database on the website. That is relatively straight, but it might need a custom work depending on how it is done - to guarantee compatibility to your website for example.

And then you'll need to place the commands of whatever you want to count or store into your game. The database will not be able to just check the gamedata automatically, the game has to send notifications using the plugin's options and functions.

TandoGames

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks you a lot !! You both gave me awesome answer, now i'm not lost at all and start to research more deeply the steps you explain me.

Have a great day, :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Friendly reminder: Make a back up of your project! ;3 I just did one and recognized I would have lost a week worth of work.
Why is there undo but not a redo like every other software in existence? :blink:
Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??
Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biconic