Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This feels like there's a very obvious solution - but my googling is failing me.

Say I have a sign that I want to display text in a dialog window when the player hits the action button -- how would I make that happen? I can't seem to be able to figure out how this happens.

Thanks for the help.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll want to make an event that is triggered by Action Button and priority is Same As Character. Then you can use the event command Show Text.

You can either put the sign in the scene when you are mapping it and have the event be on top of it with no picture or put the event image as the sign by scrolling all the way down in the image selection box to the Tileset selections.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Monday morning, and the sudden message: Hey, can you set up a full second lesson about pixel art till tomorrow?
No one:
Steam game achievement: "Die 100 times in easy mode".
I want to learn Javascript to create a custom menu, but I don't really know where to start.
One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
umememe