Other
Description of the Feature:
  • Create new Event Command buttons from Plugins
  • At least of the same level as how parameters work for plugins

Code for Implementation:
Example:
Code:
/*~Event~ExampleEvent:
 * @command $gameSystem.EventToRun(var1, var2)
 * @desc This will perform the function EventToRun
 * @param var1
 * @type number
 * @default 1
 * @desc This is set within the Event Command setup
 * @param var2
 * @type text
 * @default "another variable"
 * @desc This is also set within the Event Command setup
/*
Mockups:
Pretty much would at least suggest a simple level of copying how parameters work.

Why is this feature good?
This feature is great because of the following:
  • Simplify the end user's ability to use someone's plugin with 0 scripting experience required compared to Plugin Command
  • Makes messing up with plugins far harder to do, as this would take care of variable types and requirements (such as forgetting to add a variable all together)

Possible issues with this feature?
Issues that might arise from this feature:
  • Would require somewhat of new gui screens
  • Plugin developer would have to learn new pieces; which appears to be a struggle as even the 'struct' parameter information/tutorials for plugin parameters are hard to find.

Last edited:

Blue001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I understand why you would like to see this. Remembering every single plugins Script Calls or Plug-in Commands can be tedious, especially on those plugins that add whole new game systems. So I would love to see something like what you are asking for... but the issues with this feature that you list are indeed issues. The windows provided for selecting Event Commands would need to be dynamic, and not static as they are now. Not sure how plausible that is.

But still +1

EDIT : I made a suggestion that would leave it open for yours to also be done.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/convert-event-editor-window-to-list-view.99722/

Last edited:

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aint "Call Common Event" what you are asking for?
Its allready like a new Eventcommand and on the Eventpage you can create all the logic for the so called Eventcommand.

AGiant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english, german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aint "Call Common Event" what you are asking for?
Its allready like a new Eventcommand and on the Eventpage you can create all the logic for the so called Eventcommand.
Can you use common events to change self switches? or get access to the event in which the common event is used in (for example making custom door animation)? or include in another part of the event (for example getting the distance or coordinates of player/event)?
I can think of many more I can't do with common events (maybe because I'm not well versed in rmmv) but would be able to with custom event commands. I would go one further and would like custom Movement route commands, too.)
If you know any method to realize those I would appreciate it, if you can share it.
Also the ammount of common events is already too much sometimes

@Blue001
what do you mean with static and dynamic?
Having a tab in the data base or the possibility in the plug in manager to add tabs and commands to it would be enough. Is that already dynamic?

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AGiant
No i cant help with custom moveroute eventcommmand blocks and stuff, i can just tell what i use Common Events for.
If my common Event1 contains the command Control Self Switch A On, than whatever Event is calling
the CE with Eventcommand "Common Event1", its Self Switch A will be turned On.

Set Movement Command, if you set "This Event" , move 3 steps left, than whatever event is calling that common event will move 3 steps to the left.

I used it for treasure chest sounds, if i want to change the sound effect for opening Item Chest i only have to change it in the common event and not in all 100 item chests. that safes alot of worktime.

Edit: I maybe missread the initial question, allowing plugins to have new editor commands, sounds interesting.
I believe they went a slightly different road and implemented Scriptcalls and Plugincalls, and Scriptlines in some Eventcommands and the Event Script Comand to recreate existing Eventcommands, but with more flexibility.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@AGiant , please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to discuss more about this subject in particular you can create a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whypzk