Creating a Dungeon Crawler-esque RPG in MV any suggestions?

DragonBlade650

Destroyer of the Third Era
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am currently developing a Quest-Based RPG that has the player exploring randomized dungeons full of different things to do.

Any suggestions?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I see this more of a question about Quest-Based dungeon crawler games in general than a specific question about something related to the RPG Maker MV engine. Therefore, I'm moving this to General Discussion.

Moved to General Discussion

Your question is very general and broad, so I can't give a specific answer. It really depends on what your goal and your vision for your game are.

DragonBlade650

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, i didn't really know where to put it.

I just want to hear ideas from other people so i have an idea of what people would want in a game like this.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're just looking for ideas, maybe you should check out some demos or full games that have done random dungeons with quests and things to do.

Without you being a bit more specific, it's hard to discern what type of ideas you're looking for.

DragonBlade650

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's not a bad idea, any recommendations on demos i could check out?

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's one called Dungeon Down, an IGMC 2017 entry. The video is a let's play/first impressions with Driftwood gaming. I'm not big into dungeon crawlers, but I liked the combat in this one.

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure, but I think when people use the term rogue-like they are talking about these dungeon crawler games (I'm not sure on all terminology) so maybe doing a search for "rogue-like" in the demo/game threads would turn up something interesting.

DragonBlade650

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I played Dungeon Down for awhile, yeah it did help to give me ideas for my game.

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png
Backgrounds are not my strong suit... :kaodes:
DazI8jt.jpg

Just realized I forgot doing the clouds... woops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2dweeb6ae