Creating a Dungeon Crawler-esque RPG in MV any suggestions?

DragonBlade650

Destroyer of the Third Era
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am currently developing a Quest-Based RPG that has the player exploring randomized dungeons full of different things to do.

Any suggestions?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I see this more of a question about Quest-Based dungeon crawler games in general than a specific question about something related to the RPG Maker MV engine. Therefore, I'm moving this to General Discussion.

Moved to General Discussion

Your question is very general and broad, so I can't give a specific answer. It really depends on what your goal and your vision for your game are.

DragonBlade650

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, i didn't really know where to put it.

I just want to hear ideas from other people so i have an idea of what people would want in a game like this.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're just looking for ideas, maybe you should check out some demos or full games that have done random dungeons with quests and things to do.

Without you being a bit more specific, it's hard to discern what type of ideas you're looking for.

DragonBlade650

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's not a bad idea, any recommendations on demos i could check out?

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's one called Dungeon Down, an IGMC 2017 entry. The video is a let's play/first impressions with Driftwood gaming. I'm not big into dungeon crawlers, but I liked the combat in this one.

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure, but I think when people use the term rogue-like they are talking about these dungeon crawler games (I'm not sure on all terminology) so maybe doing a search for "rogue-like" in the demo/game threads would turn up something interesting.

DragonBlade650

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I played Dungeon Down for awhile, yeah it did help to give me ideas for my game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have been enjoying a game on my iPhone, called Wonderbox. It is just a little game where you create adventures, share them, whilst also being able to play others. It's a bit zelda-esque. I have started some youtube for those, gonna start with RPG maker things soon as well. So if you wish to see, do check it out :)
SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kage2048