JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a simple tutorial on creating an item that can grant levels to your actors upon consumption. This method avoids any complex formulas and pesky common events.

Plugins Required:

HimeWorks Formula Effects
http://himeworks.com/2016/02/formula-effects-mv/

Once you've enabled the plugin, it's time to create your items! They are extremely simple to create. Here's what you need to do:

1. Create an item that is consumable, and can at least be used from the menu.
2. Have the item target either the user or one ally. Unless you want a full party effect (a command which is already in the engine by default).
3. Make the formula HP Damage, and just put a zero in the box (for good measure).
4. Last but not least, add the following formula in your note field:
<formula effect>
b.levelUp();
</formula effect>

That's it! Now you have your level up item!

Extra Tips:
If you wish to create an item that grants more than one level at a time, all you have to do is duplicate the line containing "b.levelUp();" as many times as you wish for the desired effect.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nice, like Pokemon rare candies! I assume that if you have a custom stat you can increase it with the same basic method?

mattvalentine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! Thanks for this ^^

You know if there is a way for a character to level up a SPECIFIC CLASS (or job) using an item? (I'm using Yanfly's plugin for classes and subclasses)

Also...is there a way to show the level up screen after this item is used?

Thanks in advance :3

Mimikyu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you don't need a plugin for this

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An issue with this, is when you level up, and then battle and then level up, you will go back to your original level. I think it has to do with EXP being what it was BEFORE you used the level up item and not after, thus the game thinks you only have the exp of level 1 when actually your level 10.

joepmeloen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Deutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is the benefit for this over a common event that does a level up / give exp?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Okay, that's the best I can do. Looks a little strange but..err.. it's my style, yeah, very original style..
being an extreme introvert with massive anxiety... I forget this is really, REALLY frustrating for people who are the exact opposite. still, wait this out and stay home...
I hope you all are keeping safe. <3 If you need a shoulder or an ear, I have two of both and am more than willing to listen & support you! Times are weird.
My dad, super frustrated by seclusion, asking me how I live like this. I shrug. "It helps to not like what is outside."
Apparently it's not just people who are hit by corona virus. My phone has set itself to English language on its own. Not that I'm complaining... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Somatrasiel