Sakurra

Is probably eating a brownie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm following a tutorial and this event is coded for Vx ace so the cursor doesn't show in the correct spot on the mini map. How do I adjust accordingly?

Attachments

Sakurra

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using this site for reference

But it was made for VX Ace, does anyone know how to convert the event for MV? Would appreciate it.

Nuxill

Ok
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a minimap tutorial for mv by Echo607 thats very useful. She has a lot of great eventing tutorials on her channel.

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That minimap tutorial is the one I use, it works fantastic but adding extensive quest pointers can take a lot of your time. I use it with Galv's Screen Button plugin so I can click on the map to expand it or make it go away altogether
.1.png2.png

Sparky89

Is proberly eating one of evmaster's Brownie's.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I not seen this before until now and WOW ! in anycase the process should be the Same, the mini dot is based on your players X and Y locations i think if you watched the video again she shows you how to get it to centre on your X and Y locations on the mini maps it's self. it starts at 03:29

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It takes a bit of work sizing your map so that the mini dot showing the players location is in the EXACT spot that it should be but it's possible to get it perfect if you take the time.

Sparky89

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm following a tutorial and this event is coded for Vx ace so the cursor doesn't show in the correct spot on the mini map. How do I adjust accordingly?
Okay so ive also followed the tutorial and have also found the cursor not to be centre its based on the Multiplier my map was 47 x 60 and my multiplier was x2 in the common events.. so i changed my map size to 60 x 60 this improved it but not perfect it seemed to get worse the more and more i moved around and wasn't accurate i can't figure out why it's happening other then it works on VX ace and not MV.

Edit: you can adjust and resize your map like snarkyfork said to make it work.. but that isn't feesable. having large dark area's off the sides of my map or reducing fps in my game is not feesable in this method. so i'll be awaiting for a fix.

Sakurra

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so ive also followed the tutorial and have also found the cursor not to be centre its based on the Multiplier my map was 47 x 60 and my multiplier was x2 in the common events.. so i changed my map size to 60 x 60 this improved it but not perfect it seemed to get worse the more and more i moved around and wasn't accurate i can't figure out why it's happening other then it works on VX ace and not MV.

Edit: you can adjust and resize your map like snarkyfork said to make it work.. but that isn't feesable. having large dark area's off the sides of my map or reducing fps in my game is not feesable in this method. so i'll be awaiting for a fix.

I'm looking at this Vx Ace tutorial again and like before, my map is almost perfect. But my cursor is always like a few pixesl off to the right or left and not exact.

I also found a similar tutorial but for MV
but I still have not had any success in getting my cursor in the correct spot on the map

I'm not sure which parts I'm suppose to adjust, the cursor's position or the map size? Or should I be adjusting the map's designation? Also, does different map sizes matter in the cursor's position?

Edit: I've adjusted my maps size to 40% and it works perfectly. But I'd like to find a method where I can keep all my maps at 50%. Any suggestions?

I just found out I could save maps as images which is great! The only problem I don't know how to resize accordingly to keep them constant with all my maps. I want to figure out how to set it up like the VX Ace tutorial but with saving maps as images instead.

Last edited:

Sparky89

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking at this Vx Ace tutorial again and like before, my map is almost perfect. But my cursor is always like a few pixesl off to the right or left and not exact.

I also found a similar tutorial but for MV
but I still have not had any success in getting my cursor in the correct spot on the map

I'm not sure which parts I'm suppose to adjust, the cursor's position or the map size? Or should I be adjusting the map's designation? Also, does different map sizes matter in the cursor's position?

Edit: I've adjusted my maps size to 40% and it works perfectly. But I'd like to find a method where I can keep all my maps at 50%. Any suggestions?

I just found out I could save maps as images which is great! The only problem I don't know how to resize accordingly to keep them constant with all my maps. I want to figure out how to set it up like the VX Ace tutorial but with saving maps as images instead.
When you say resized map are you talking about the MAP size or the image size of the mini map ?

Sakurra

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The image size for the mini map. Not the actual file, but the event command

Sparky89

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will have to give this a go!.

Sakurra

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will have to give this a go!.
If you find a way to use the save image map feature in Mv and make it with mini maps like I've been using, please let me know. I'll update if I figure it out too.

Sparky89

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay i resized my map to 42 x 42 this worked i would say it was proberly 1 tile to the right off.. but hardly noticeable doing it this way seems to work ! but i know what you mean the maps seems.. small. !

Sakurra

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't mind the mini maps being small.

I'd like to find a way a way to use the "make map an image" feature from MV to create the mini maps. The VX ace tutorial has you print screen at the smallest map view. It would be easier to generate the map image.

But I can't figure out a way to adjust the sizes accordingly, a way that is consistent. Am I making any sense?

Sparky89

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way i did it was use the zoom icons on MV and print screen and cut in paint. I couldn't get the 1/8th size like in the VX tutorial.

Sakurra

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In MV, you can right click the map's and save the map as an image. I'm wondering if this could be used like the VX ace tutorial instead. (However, I noticed the map seems smaller than actually is when saved from MV)

Also, in MV the map shows the events but as transparent so I figure it would be easier to have MV save the map as an image for use.

I just don't know the math to accurately make all of them a mini map.

Sparky89

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes it does show the events :\ you can always make a copy of that map and delete the events in the copy take the photo and then delete the copy. I think... in the tutorials they mentioned about adjusting it's size in px's like on paint. I didn't save the images through MV i just print screen and edited it in paint then lowered the % in the events like you suggested takes some playing around but works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wonder when the next theme contest is coming?
Long time no see. I'm aiming a vertical slice / tech demo for my game featuring a series of boss battles this month. I hope I could get some testers.
So which forum do I use if I want to showcase graphics? I've been using AML forum, but I'm not sure it's correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tippiexd