JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there any method (either by plugin or JS command) to simply create a new event while the game is actually running?

I'm building a maze-based survival horror with randomly placed events and one of the things I'm having to do is create a plethora of events beforehand and then have them moved onto the map based on scripting and importing.

Moving and importing them isn't a problem, but the fact that I need to have a whole pile of them precreated is cumbersome.

Alternatively, the ability to edit the note of an event could also help, as there are plugins for importing events from other events (or text files) but I'd prefer not to have to line up 100+ events at the top of every map and tell them where to go if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well you can't really create an new event while the game is being played, it has to already exist in the editor. What you could do is just have a bunch of events that can be turned on with a random roll of a variable. As for copying events, I suggest using Yanfly's Event Copier plugin so although you still have to make the base events, you can still edit them from one place.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Only 3 more days to get your copy of Move That Box! with -15% discount!
1660090657213.png
Mistakes will be made.
After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking