Creating a pulse of light or sonar.

Maya_Zulf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying to figure out how to make a pulse of light radiate out from the player and quickly vanish like a radar. Does anyone know a way to do this?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have 1 image that's completely black and covers the whole screen.
Have 1 image that puts like a radius of transparency around the player with black border around it that stretches to all sides of the screen.
Have a parallel event play that occasionally turns the full black overlay transparent for a moment, and then makes it fully visible again on a loop.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Play an Animation on the Player. You can Edit those Animations in the Database.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I finally added my newly updated demo back to the website! It only took like 4 weeks of work...
Where is the "world-weary sigh" comment response when you need it? I need that one more than anything, but the closest we have is "wow" or "angry".
My apologies if it's out-of-place for my goyim-lookin' ass to be the one to say it, but the mythology of "Golems" is that they were created by Rabbis to protect Jewish villages from Anti-semetic attacks.
I'm moving on from RMXP finally. I've been stuck in a difficult decision between XP and MZ, and I've given up and moved on to MZ. Overall I'm really liking it, I wish tilesets were easier to setup like XP, but it's actually not that bad!
Have you ever gone full 'Ship of Theseus' while frankenspriting? Because I just did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cabanacatalogs