riggsbass

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hi RPGMakerWeb!

I'm working on a game that utilizes a hub worldmap (a modern city) and I want to create a picture layer of shadows for buildings.

I've created the image using Photoshop and while the desired effect isn't quite there yet, I did run into a major problem.

When I create an event with the image to share, I can't get the image to center on the map, so none of the "shadows" created actually show up where they're supposed to. In fact, even assigning X and Y to 0 (which I would assume is the center) doesn't get it there either. I've tried dabbling with different numbers for both the X & Y, but can't seem to get it even remotely close to where it needs to be.

Am I going about this wrong?

The map (in RPG Maker 2003) is 100 x 100 (in tiles), and the image is 1600x1600px. I have the "Scroll Picture with Map" setting highlighted, as well as the transparent color. Right now, the picture is being triggered by a dummy NPC located toward the top left of the map.

Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue, Episode 12: Amneron's Legacy starts now! Watch on Youtube and join the chat as we explore the world of Ellis!
Lost track of a huge brazilian wandering spider inside my house. In other news, I'm moving again.

Currently working on the second protagonist's story and her companion, making good progress. But I am looking forward to return to my other protagonist and continue his story and have him joined by a new companion. :)
mlogan wrote on alltheyuriz's profile.
Please be aware that our Status rules ask members not to make more than 2 status updates in 24 hours.
rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brenadjnendad