riggsbass

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hi RPGMakerWeb!

I'm working on a game that utilizes a hub worldmap (a modern city) and I want to create a picture layer of shadows for buildings.

I've created the image using Photoshop and while the desired effect isn't quite there yet, I did run into a major problem.

When I create an event with the image to share, I can't get the image to center on the map, so none of the "shadows" created actually show up where they're supposed to. In fact, even assigning X and Y to 0 (which I would assume is the center) doesn't get it there either. I've tried dabbling with different numbers for both the X & Y, but can't seem to get it even remotely close to where it needs to be.

Am I going about this wrong?

The map (in RPG Maker 2003) is 100 x 100 (in tiles), and the image is 1600x1600px. I have the "Scroll Picture with Map" setting highlighted, as well as the transparent color. Right now, the picture is being triggered by a dummy NPC located toward the top left of the map.

Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Light up explosions with QABS and Community Lighting.
qcPQHt9.gif
Doing RPG Maker News #18 | Moghunter is Back, Encrypt MV/MZ Plugins, Isometric Geometric Tiles
Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FluffyAmerterasu