Creating a speed boost item (energy drink)

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To create an item that speeds up your party for a while, first, create event in common event database:
1.PNG
Then, create another common event with parallel trigger and the same switch. "Wait" determines how long the boost effect will last, before it's set speed to normal.
2.PNG
Last one, create an boost item in database:
3.PNG
If you use energy drink, your party's speed will increase for 500 frames, then return back to normal.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
One comment on this: I've made a similar event before, and you could put them all in one event IF you are ok with them using drinks before the boost has worn off. However, yours seems to work better if you don't want them using them before the previous one has worn off.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One comment on this: I've made a similar event before, and you could put them all in one event IF you are ok with them using drinks before the boost has worn off. However, yours seems to work better if you don't want them using them before the previous one has worn off.
Yeah, I wanted it to prevent double-use while the effect is still ON. Thank you for suggestion anyway.

Chroma-Creative-Solutions

Graphic Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can actually use this method to create alot of interesting items and effects in your game! Common events are definitely one thing everyone should be using alot more of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:
Traps, detecting traps, and disarming traps including treasure traps have now been implemented into my Might and Magic-inspired project. If you don't want to get hurt, you better have a character who focuses on the perception skill, and you better have a character who focuses on the disarm skill!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loehz